Down To Two and Get It Wrong

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkDorian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I do verbal, I usually narrow the question down to two choices and always end up picking the wrong answer. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to pick the correct answer. To me, both answers look good and I end up guessing.

Members don't see this ad.

My advice would be to make a concerted effort during the test review to determine what it is about the wrong answer that makes it look right to you, and why the correct answer is indeed correct. I do agree though that there are usually two answers that look like they could both be right if you stare at them for long enough.

I also have the same problem. Recently, I've been forcing myself to find concrete evidence in the author's own words that supports the right answer (for detail questions). Those are the ones I usually narrow down to two and get wrong. I usually get the 50/50 ones wrong because I assume something based on my overall impression of the passage ... traps :(