Downward GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anomandaris

MS2
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're fine.

HMS types probably won't bite but I'm sure you already knew that anyways

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sometime you have to apply with the app you have, warts and all, and see how the cycle plays out. Downward trends are not good, but a 36 MCAT is nothing to sneeze at, either.

Hey guys, sorry for creating another downward GPA question, but couldn't find anything similar enough to the point of making me comfortable... Sooooo here I am.

I had to graduate in 3 years due to some financial restrictions. Majored in Biochem & Molec Biology (one major, they just gave it a really long name).

Freshman: 3.95c/3.97s
Sophomore: 3.68c/3.62s
Senior: 3.49c/3.35s

Took a random biological psychology course at a CC a few months before this cycle began and got an A (I know this doesn't do anything for the app, but since it's included in AMCAS's calculation I just wanted to disclose it).

Overall GPA: 3.71/3.66
MCAT was a 36

Do you think this will be a problem beyond the secondary phase? I've gotten two II's so far, but the lag time on other schools is starting to worry me (latest secondary submitted was Aug. 15th).

Thanks for your insight and time!

Hey guys, sorry for creating another downward GPA question, but couldn't find anything similar enough to the point of making me comfortable... Sooooo here I am.

I had to graduate in 3 years due to some financial restrictions. Majored in Biochem & Molec Biology (one major, they just gave it a really long name).

Freshman: 3.95c/3.97s
Sophomore: 3.68c/3.62s
Senior: 3.49c/3.35s

Took a random biological psychology course at a CC a few months before this cycle began and got an A (I know this doesn't do anything for the app, but since it's included in AMCAS's calculation I just wanted to disclose it).

Overall GPA: 3.71/3.66
MCAT was a 36

Do you think this will be a problem beyond the secondary phase? I've gotten two II's so far, but the lag time on other schools is starting to worry me (latest secondary submitted was Aug. 15th).

Thanks for your insight and time!

I think you've answered your own question.

Yes though it could come up in an interview and you should have a pretty damn good response about it and what you've learned from it. Perspective not excuses is the key here. But clearly it has not prevented II's.

Alright, understood guys. Reflect on the cause of the dip, identify cause, explain how I've worked on it/overcome it. Thanks for your time and help! :)