downward grade trend after transferring & school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Derpz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've transferred x2, am a student at a top 10, and am applying this cycle. Am I over thinking my downward grade trend? I'm carrying an sGPA just shy of a 4.0 and a cGPA of 3.9+. A piece of me is worried my downward trend following my move might get heavily scrutinized but then I'm also of the mind they really only care about the total GPA's at the end of the day. All of my science work was done at the 4 yr. level with the vast majority taking place soph yr. Reasonable for me to think I'm viable for top 15 schools despite my best grades coming prior to me transferring to my current institution? MCAT is in range for middle 50% at these schools so questions only surround the GPA.

I'm having a hard time trying to put together my list and pre-write some secondaries right now while I have some down time. I'd like to go top heavy with my list, as people from my school do w/3.9+ GPAs, but want to make sure I'm not inviting trouble.

My grade GPA trends go from:
freshman: 4.0 CC
sophomore: 4.0 state school
junior: ~3.75 top 10

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
GPA wise your fine, 3.75 is still really good, you can only go down from a 4.0

3.75 is technically "downward" but I don't think this will really hurt you, it's still a good GPA.