DPT in LA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeePT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...congrats to all the acceptances out there and good luck to those still waiting! At this point I'm about 90% set on Western, and I just wanted some input from anyone from the area or those looking at neighboring schools (USC, Azusa, MSMC, etc) about housing. I'm from NY and really know nothing about the area (except that Pomona isn't where I want to live!) If you're from the area, what would you recommend? And if you're going to a school close, where are you looking to live? Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys...congrats to all the acceptances out there and good luck to those still waiting! At this point I'm about 90% set on Western, and I just wanted some input from anyone from the area or those looking at neighboring schools (USC, Azusa, MSMC, etc) about housing. I'm from NY and really know nothing about the area (except that Pomona isn't where I want to live!) If you're from the area, what would you recommend? And if you're going to a school close, where are you looking to live? Thanks in advance! :)

Some parts of Fullerton aren't too bad, but they also have CSU Fullerton so that may affect your rent. Talk to the school. I think when I went there for a tour they said most students lived around Chino Hills.

Chino Hills is a great place that isn't too far away. Diamond Bar is also nice and, in my opinion much closer. There are actually a lot of places depending on what you are looking for; i.e. trendy, college town, cheap, etc..