DPT schools not requiring a BS degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slash473

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if I could get your insight on my situation. I am a prior bio student senior with a 3.67 overall GPA and a 3.37 science GPA. I took this year off to work and apply to dpt schools for the 09 year, thus never received my BS. I scored a 1060 on the GRE. I also have a bunch of upper level courses such as gross anatomy I and II neuroanatamy, neurophysiology as well as others (from my first two semesters in a chiropractic college).

So, anyways, does anyone know the PT schools not requiring a BS degree? I only know of Andrews university, St Augustine, and Loma Linda which allow entrance if one has the prereqs and a certain amount of credits, like 90 or so done(i have way more :hardy:). So, what are my chances of getting in with my stats? Sorry for the long post :sleep:, just trying to plan for the future. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of any that don't require a BS. I know there are a few schools that combine a BS with a graduate PT program. I can't remember the schools but there have been a few posts on here.

The Chiro school credits most likely won't transfer to any PT school, but the knowledge will be helpful upon getting into PT school.

Wayne State University in Detroit, Mi does not require a Bachelors degree for entry into the DPT program. They do require at least 90 credits with certain pre-reqs. They used to award a bachelors in PT after the first year but have since stopped doing so. I am currently a second year student at Wayne State Univ. so if you have any further questions I'll be happy to answer them.

thanks for the replies. I am actually from michigan, so I'll definately apply to wayne state. How do you like it there so far? :D