DPT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EKaqua09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question in regards to applying to DPT schools. I am planning on graduating in Summer 2013, but I am trying to raise my GPA as well. I do not want to apply with a low GPA in Fall, and risk not getting accepted. I was hoping if anyone can advise me on this. Should I apply in Fall of 2012 and take my GRE in Fall? Or should I apply the year after?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to start PT school in fall of 2013 you need to do application the summer before. Here is the link to PTCAS, http://www.ptcas.org/ most applications will go through them. Everything you need to know can be found here. There are links to programs using PTCAS and listing for schools that don't. app cycle opens early July (2012).........recommend taking GRE next spring...gives you time if you want / need to retake it.
Academic updates are done by Jan of the cycle (2013) and when accepted last transcripts are due to the school directly.
Again it is BEST if you apply early....have most of your prereqs / GRE / observation hrs done by Sept 2012. You'll need 3-4 letter of reference - best to have 2 from PTS you did observation hrs with.
Rough estimate 1/2 the schools fill their seats by Dec.
After you review the site.....you can do a search on this forum and most likely you will find ans to your questions.

Hope this helps, good luck.