Dr. Sal Calabro from Howard Stern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buck Strong

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine went to see Dr. Sal for an evaluation, to see about some lipo and whatnot, and told me that he found out that Dr. Sal went to med school in Bologna Italy, and then did a residency at Temple in Derm or something. I was curious so I checked it out, and the AMA website confirmed this. Plus, his website says he did an oculoplastics fellowship. How is he a practicing plastic surgeon? Plus, i thought that oculoplastics was for ophthalmologists?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told by our plastics chief that oculoplastics is, "just a year that ophtho guys do to justify taking that business." I am planning on doing optho and their seemed to be a lot of bitterness.

Is this bitterness throughout the field?

hmm that is wierd. how is he praticing plastics?

btw, temple doesnt have a derm residency anyways..

tennik said:
I was told by our plastics chief that oculoplastics is, "just a year that ophtho guys do to justify taking that business." I am planning on doing optho and their seemed to be a lot of bitterness.

Is this bitterness throughout the field?

Not really sure where the confusion lies... With respect to my experience, oculoplastics deals mostly with trauma repair, lacrimal work and lid work... The latter of which can easily be done by a general ophthamologist... There is little, as there should be, commonalities between the two fields... I really don't see why there should be any resentment between to two very different fields.