Dr. Seuss WW game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And one other thing I forgot. MJ being alive with no wolves left would have immediately resulted in end game. Hence his last ditch effort to save BI.

Also, MJ did in fact forfeit his ability to win. He knew leaving WZ alive and just repeatedly blocking BI would result in him winning. He didn't do it in the interest of fun. And that makes him a true winner :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks, STL and swings!! It was a fun game!
BTW, I wanted to make a wolf brag to the song "benny and the jets" and changing the words to "SOV and the noobs"....
unfortunately my technological prowess was lacking (and time to figure it out).
Haha that would be an accurate song. Well at least now we know STL and swings don't alter the RNG results.

Congrats, BI! I'm impressed you lasted that long after the rest of the wolves got killed.

Reactions: 1 user
@Mad Jack Did you know I was a wolf and try to get me lynched, or was it really an idiot savant moment?

If you knew... Jerk. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, STL and swings!! It was a fun game!

Haha that would be an accurate song. Well at least now we know STL and swings don't alter the RNG results.

Congrats, BI! I'm impressed you lasted that long after the rest of the wolves got killed.
Yeah I hold RNG as a force that should not be messed with :p.

And what sobsob predicted was true. People were lynched/killed with the wolves literally in the order that they were in the pm :p

Reactions: 3 users
Total idiot savant work. I was channeling STL like you wouldn't believe :heckyeah:
:roflcopter:

And I was being so careful to make sure I was only acting on info that was clear in the game thread... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Whoo! Thanks, STL! I actually really enjoyed being a wolf ;).

MJ, we can be friends again!

I like the brag! Simple and effective. :)
Haha thanks! I stayed late after work to play around with it a bit. I made my original brag last night and it was really boring so I figured I'd make a fool of myself instead :p.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good work wolves :). Great game STL.

haha love your wolf brag bi!

@Mad Jack , what did you wind up making with the thnead?
Yeah, the thnead was totally a lie to sew doubt amongst the villagers.

Basically everything I did from the first night I blocked you was 100% misdirection and lies to get the villagers doubting one another and hanging each other left and right.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, the thnead was totally a lie to sew doubt amongst the villagers.

Basically everything I did from the first night I blocked you was 100% misdirection and lies to get the villagers doubting one another and hanging each other left and right.
:shifty: That's fantastic!

I had fun with this. Only my second time as a wolf...BI I enjoyed the wolf brag!

Thanks for the game!

The villagers were LITERALLY killing me here.

When I died I did so having seered BI. why? because her voting patterns made absolutely no sense and I was thinking "either she is a wolf or she is voting at random". So I did die knowing she was a wolf.

But seriously I was screaming at my screen for two straight days when you guys straight up identified her as the only person not cleared one day. Then made a friggen CHART showing her as the only person cleared by MJ alone (we knew MJ was chaos at that point) when everyone else was cleared by an actual seer. Then the third day DVMD brought up her as a suspcious person and someone DEFENDED her as cleared by MJ. Mind you, MJ had been saying all game he was a role-only seer. His comment on clearing her? He said he seered her alignment. Which I think was a subtle slip up by him attempting too hard to sell her innocence and no one even caught it, let alone no one questioned it when he came out as chaos.

I know there was a lot going on, but this one was screaming "Easy wolf identification" and no one pulled the trigger for three straight days (wont discuss the fourth day of just everyone pointing fingers and BI basically taking the day off to lay low. Which is a wolf move in and of itself at endgame. Though perhaps one with high sensitivity but low specificity)

And I would love to say I did well this game... and I did. But MJ dominated this game. This was high game through and through and me having a great game was completely dwarfed by how totally on fire he was. Well friggen played michaeljackson.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm amused the name stuck. :cat:
While you certainly popularized the name (and we thank you), I discovered recently that we have been MadZoo from the very beginning...typo? Or fate?
I also never had a conversation with Jayna; I had talked to MadZoo who had tried to block Jayna the first night and came up with nothing, so we decided that she was probably safe. Unfortunately we were wrong :(

Also I was highly impressed at how well DocE was able to communicate via just pictures in pms. I watched him do it back and forth with o Grady, and occasionally it was hard to figure out what he meant, but he did a truly phenomenal job. The only thing it did was slow his ability to communicate, even though I was hoping it would limit communication a bit as well.

While you certainly popularized the name (and we thank you), I discovered recently that we have been MadZoo from the very beginning...typo? Or fate?
Shouldn't you not have internet access any longer? That app is clearly doing a great job :p

Also I was highly impressed at how well DocE was able to communicate via just pictures in pms. I watched him do it back and forth with o Grady, and occasionally it was hard to figure out what he meant, but he did a truly phenomenal job. The only thing it did was slow his ability to communicate, even though I was hoping it would limit communication a bit as well.

I had SO MUCH fun with that. If only you could have seen the DVMD + Frozenshades conversation. I was having such a fun time with snarky comments by photo alone.

The villagers were LITERALLY killing me here.

When I died I did so having seered BI. why? because her voting patterns made absolutely no sense and I was thinking "either she is a wolf or she is voting at random". So I did die knowing she was a wolf.

But seriously I was screaming at my screen for two straight days when you guys straight up identified her as the only person not cleared one day. Then made a friggen CHART showing her as the only person cleared by MJ alone (we knew MJ was chaos at that point) when everyone else was cleared by an actual seer. Then the third day DVMD brought up her as a suspcious person and someone DEFENDED her as cleared by MJ. Mind you, MJ had been saying all game he was a role-only seer. His comment on clearing her? He said he seered her alignment. Which I think was a subtle slip up by him attempting too hard to sell her innocence and no one even caught it, let alone no one questioned it when he came out as chaos.

I know there was a lot going on, but this one was screaming "Easy wolf identification" and no one pulled the trigger for three straight days (wont discuss the fourth day of just everyone pointing fingers and BI basically taking the day off to lay low. Which is a wolf move in and of itself at endgame. Though perhaps one with high sensitivity but low specificity)
By the time it was back to wolf-hunting rather than MJ-hunting I think he had confused everyone enough that they forgot much of what was going on right before and after he revealed himself.

ETA: And the person who had been ignoring him most effectively (DVMD) was dead

By the time it was back to wolf-hunting rather than MJ-hunting I think he had confused everyone enough that they forgot much of what was going on right before and after he revealed himself.

Should add that frozen shades and DVMD knew I was looking into BI when I died. the picture limitations did make it too difficult for me to explain whyI was suspciious on the PM thread. But still... I thought my suspicions counted for more.

Should add that frozen shades and DVMD knew I was looking into BI when I died. the picture limitations did make it too difficult for me to explain whyI was suspciious on the PM thread. But still... I thought my suspicions counted for more.
:shrug: I don't think either of them ever mentioned it.

I was offended that nobody ever referred back to my carefully color-coded list :cryi:
But MJ made them think that he had been messing with everyone's seering results, so I can understand it.

I'm surprised you all seemed to believe me when I said I couldn't be wolf killed. All I knew was that some wolves may find me difficult to kill, and for self preservation decided to leave out the word "some".

I was also surprised how angry I got every time you tried to lynch me. I just wanted to scream at random people "THEY ARE TRYING TO LYNCH ME, AGAIN!"

Thanks STL and swings, that was fun and super intense at the end.

Let me also say... this game was damn impressive. I didnt not expect this well crated of a game. Well done.
That's STL for ya. He's a crazy person.

*insert shameless promotion of upcoming STL+WZ OitNB redux game*

Although I would like to know how much of the mechanics swings came up with, so I can also determine her crazy person status :D

:eek: I had written an original character list and had the only story without a bad guy was McBean and the sneetches. (And Sam I am but whatever) but I was so convinced that McBean would be evil since the sneetches learn to be nice Haha haha. :p
Thank you for letting me join the game so late! I had fun.

STL, what was the mechanic behind my parties? Aka, what determined if someone knew they got a party or not?

Because trying to prove my role was extremely frustrating and depressing.