dress code for second looks at a program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glp1del

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious what people think the appropriate dress code for a second look at a program would be. I figure I would be in the OR hanging with one of the residents so scrubs would be appropriate but I would also anticipate talking to the dept chair and program director so a suit would also be appropriate. Thanks in advance for all replies.

Glp1del

Members don't see this ad.

glp

I recently went back for a second look at a program. I wore a shirt and tie, but no coat and the pants were khaki's. (The only reason I wore a tie was because I went to grand rounds before so everyone was there) If you are there to see the program you are going to get put into scrubs anyway, which was what happened to me, and I ended up meeting with the faculty in those scrubs. I think you are ok with anything that you would wear to a grand rounds type of situation, but I don't think you need to bust out the interview suit to go. Just my opinion.

Good luck

Ca. Dreamin'

Thats what I was also thinking. Thanks for the reply

Glp1