Drexel DPMS 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my rejection letter today. Good luck to all of those who got accepted. I was lucky enough to get taken off the wait list at my state med school a few weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if I missed this information on the webpage, but when can we officially submit applications (in my case for next year, of course)?

I think like November or December. But honestly it doesn't really matter how early you apply... I found out about the program in April, applied by late April, interviewed in the last interview week and so far about 4 of us from that day have been accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I got a question after you guys received your acceptance letter right away, you had to sign it and send it back in accepting the position... but then did you guys have to put down a deposit? and also when did they send you all the housing information and was the rooms already assigned at random? LMK thanks!

hey I got a question after you guys received your acceptance letter right away, you had to sign it and send it back in accepting the position... but then did you guys have to put down a deposit? and also when did they send you all the housing information and was the rooms already assigned at random? LMK thanks!
yup for the deposit and classes ...they haven't told us our room assignments yet, just the dorm we'll be staying in

HI! I'm planning on applying to DPMS next year, do you know how many people typically apply to this program?
Thanks!

Hi everyone, I'm a current DPMSer, so feel free to ask any questions!

My housemate and I are hosting one female candidate per Interview! You'll have your own room, cheaper than any bed&breakfast and literally across the street from DUCOM. Plus, we'll help with your interview prep.

If you're interested in staying with us, pm or email me ([email protected]) with your Contact info, Interview date and how you'll be getting to Philly.

Good luck guys!

Any Non-URM students in this program? Just trying to figure out if I have a realistic shot or not? I come from an educationally/economically disadvantaged background - but not a URM in medicine.

Can anyone who has gone through this program PM me if possible. I emailed the admin and have not heard back at all. I wanted to re-post the questions to someone whose gone through this program. I will be currently applying for Sum 2014 and will be retaking my MCAT prior to the program

Any help that can be given will be much appreciated.

Thanks
EWO

Hi Dracosrg, I have a question for you. What classes are offered during the summer enrichment program at Drexel (DPMS program)?
Dracosrg,
Woudl you be willing to look over some of my application essays and provide me feedback. Also do you think paper or online application is ebst? I am looking to submit by monday.

Dracosrg,
Woudl you be willing to look over some of my application essays and provide me feedback. Also do you think paper or online application is ebst? I am looking to submit by monday.

There's been some issues w/ the online app-- ie the pdf fill in spots act up on some people either not letting them enter info or not saving. The office hasn't done much for troubleshooting so I'd lean towards paper to just be done w/ it. Really up to you and all will be fine so long as you meet the deadline & recs needed.

As far as looking your app essay/questions- sure. I've been doing it for others that want a greater insight into the application and don't mind at all. PM me and I'll give you my gmail. I'll give you constructive feedback on it. No judgement and I keep everything strictly to myself.

Reactions: 1 user