Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's a lightning quick turnaround. What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

My stats are cGPA 3.0 sGPA 3.22 MCAT 24. Strong ECs & LORs and some shadowing/volunteering experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I tried them all, and the only one that doesn't say an error message says
"Attention! We require more information to identify you. Please contact us so we can locate your information."

aaaand that's the email that I used to apply... the one I received my application complete emails with and such. Doesn't help my anxiety at all because why would they require more information to identify me? o_o Well then. Glad it worked for you guys! Looks like I ACTUALLY have to learn how to be patient lol. Hope you guys get some good news soon!!!

No, that just means, that's not the e-mail you used. Try other ones. I don't know how they got my "now junk e-mail". The e-mail address that did not show the "Attention" note is the correct one. It should go through like nothing. If it goes through, immediately check that e-mail. You should receive that link.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I received the complete email March 31 and my application has not been processed. I was wondering if anyone else is on the same boat?

Hey guys congrats to those who just got interviews..I interviewed this past week, just to let you all know..they said they will give every app in before the deadline a fair and thorough review before making a decision, and that they did receive a great deal of apps.. So don't stress if you haven't heard anything it has literally only been a day past deadline..and if you have seen past threads there are folks who are in DPMS that literally got word a week before the program started..Its def gonna be a marathon with this thing..until they tell you NO don't lose hope...hope is important, it's what keeps us motivated...one thing I grasped from the DPMS staff and students that really impressed me about this program is that I think they really know who they want and who fits this program..and I don't think they will easily pass up on anyone they really feel would be a good fit. Stay strong and don't lose hope<---advice that I def need to take myself lol

Reactions: 6 users
Hey guys congrats to those who just got interviews..I interviewed this past week, just to let you all know..they said they will give every app in before the deadline a fair and thorough review before making a decision, and that they did receive a great deal of apps.. So don't stress if you haven't heard anything it has literally only been a day past deadline..and if you have seen past threads there are folks who are in DPMS that literally got word a week before the program started..Its def gonna be a marathon with this thing..until they tell you NO don't lose hope...hope is important, it's what keeps us motivated...one thing I grasped from the DPMS staff and students that really impressed me about this program is that I think they really know who they want and who fits this program..and I don't think they will easily pass up on anyone they really feel would be a good fit. Stay strong and don't lose hope<---advice that I def need to take myself lol

Very well said. Thank you!!

It seems like all those complete in March are on the same boat!!! No worries. I feel like they'll update it in the beginning of next week

I'm too impatient for all this haha

Did you check the portal if your application was marked complete? @toffeenut is in the same boat as you.
I have. I've received the complete confirmation email already and I emailed them before Friday to make sure everything was in. Just curious haha. Thank you!

It seems like all those complete in March are on the same boat!!! No worries. I feel like they'll update it in the beginning of next week
That's what I'm thinking too. I'm going to give it until the end of next week and follow up if nothing has changed. Thank you!!

Good luck to everyone!

My stats are cGPA 3.0 sGPA 3.22 MCAT 24. Strong ECs & LORs and some shadowing/volunteering experience.

I have the exact stats actually (what are the odds *haha*) and I submitted 3/1 complete 3/23. This is hella confusing.

Fingers crossed tho!

Members don't see this ad :)
On the portal my completed application says still under review, but when I clicked "view application decision" on the application website the application decision pop up page says I have been invited to interview and to choose a date. Has anybody else seen this problem?! I'm hoping my portal just hasn't been updated with the decision...It's tripping me out

the banner page is the only site that will update to show an interview...the "portal" doesn't say anything except that you are complete, it will not update with an interview. This mean you have received an interview and you will be getting an email to schedule some time in the coming weeks, congratulations! @cah0310

Last edited:
the banner page is the only site that will update to show an interview...the "portal" doesn't say anything except that you are complete, it will not update with an interview. You have received an interview and you will be getting an email to schedule some time in the coming weeks, congratulations! @cah0310

Thank you!!!

I have the exact stats actually (what are the odds *haha*) and I submitted 3/1 complete 3/23. This is hella confusing.

Fingers crossed tho!
Don't lose hope! I'm sure you'll get an invite!

Hello all! First time poster here, (first time posting on SDN at all for that matter lol), but I want to thank you all for all the help and encouragement thus far! I hope everyone gets the updates they're waiting for in these upcoming weeks!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time, and I just tried logging into the Portal using the "Forgot Password" link, which actually worked. Got an email instantly with my username and password.

Weird thing is, when I logged on it shows that my application for IMS is complete and under review, but according to the Portal, the office hasn't received ANY of my materials for DPMS. I worked on both of the applications together and submitted them both on the same day when I finished, about 2 weeks ago. All of my materials were sent in prior to my submitting my applications, well ahead of the deadline. (I was told I only needed to submit one set of documents and application fee, even if I was applying to both programs.)

Any insight into maybe why it says they have no documents for DPMS? It's driving me crazy thinking that I may have done something wrong by submitting two separate applications.

Also, anyone else apply to both IMS and DPMS?

I don't have any insight towards why you are having this issue, however I would encourage you to call the admissions office ASAP, and speak to someone directly.

Did anyone not see their application on the banner page but can now see it after contacting Drexel?

Does anyone with a completed application have an incomplete on the portal?

I received an interview Invite; however my application says incomplete (I assume it is the application fee since it is blank even though I paid the the online system).

Weird thing is, when I logged on it shows that my application for IMS is complete and under review, but according to the Portal, the office hasn't received ANY of my materials for DPMS. I worked on both of the applications together and submitted them both on the same day when I finished, about 2 weeks ago. All of my materials were sent in prior to my submitting my applications, well ahead of the deadline. (I was told I only needed to submit one set of documents and application fee, even if I was applying to both programs.)

Any insight into maybe why it says they have no documents for DPMS? It's driving me crazy thinking that I may have done wrong by submitting two separate applications.

Also, anyone else apply to both IMS and DPMS?

I only applied to the DPMS but having the same issue. All of my documents were sent well before the deadline but submitted my application only a few days before the deadline. I received a confirmation of payment when i submitted my application with a message noting that my BCPM grades were missing.

Listed under items not yet received are GRE scores, personal essay, college transcript.

I received an interview Invite; however my application says incomplete (I assume it is the application fee since it is blank even though I paid the the online system).

On the Bannerweb, it says my status is incomplete under "Application status" even though it is under "processed applications." I also have a blank application fee. I went to the webinar in full twice to get the fee waiver lol.

I was marked complete on 3/27 and submitted on 3/13. Difference with me is that I did not get an II (yet!!). It says a decision has not been made yet regarding my application and to check back later.

Hopefully on Monday, we will get our answers and calm down. :) It's the weekend! We shouldn't be stressed at all!!

On the Bannerweb, it says my status is incomplete under "Application status" even though it is under "processed applications." I also have a blank application fee. I went to the webinar in full twice to get the fee waiver lol.

I was marked complete on 3/27 and submitted on 3/13. Difference with me is that I did not get an II (yet!!). It says a decision has not been made yet regarding my application and to check back later.

Hopefully on Monday, we will get our answers and calm down. :) It's the weekend! We shouldn't be stressed at all!!
So does mine actually.
I'm sure it's nothing serious, since it still says I was invited to interview, but I'll probably call to double check too.

Yep. They're gonna get so many calls on Monday. I gotta call for why I can't login to the portal, too. Tried every single email. Two different error messages. Today was not a good day for me, lol.

For future readers' sake:

Portal: https://discover.drexel.edu/secure/login

When I use the email I get updates with, it says, "Attention! We require more information to identify you. Please contact us so we can locate your information." when I use it to try to retrieve my login and password for the portal.

All other emails I definitely never used says, "Error! Please make sure you have entered the information we have on record for you and try again. If you need additional support, we can help locate your information."

I will update on what's going on whenever I find out. (for any lurkers out there) ;)

If you got an email saying your application was marked complete, then you are good. You guys are going to drive yourselves insane! I completed my application a looooooonnnng time ago and interviewed this past week and when I log into portal, it also has missing items. Additionally, when I log into the bannerweb, it also says application incomplete.... so hopefully this will help calm some nerves.

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, I received a complete email and the banner website says that I've been invited for an interview but the portal says my application is incomplete ://

LOL! I just went to log in on the drexel banner after reading all the comments.. and the msg I got was

"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server."

I think I will just wait it out until I get an email communication from them.

Yes, I received a complete email and the banner website says that I've been invited for an interview but the portal says my application is incomplete ://
Same here: completion email, interview via the banner, but still marked "incomplete." I'm sure it'll be fine if a handful of us are experiencing the same thing. We'll just have to wait for the email!

I'm confused--do you find out you got an interview via portal, phone call, or email? Because I don't know how to login to the portal.

I'm confused--do you find out you got an interview via portal, phone call, or email? Because I don't know how to login to the portal.
You can find out early if you check your portal. If your application hasn't been reviewed, it won't be available on the portal.

May this week bring us all good news :)

Reactions: 4 users
So is the portal only updated after Thursday each week?? Because I heard the committee meets each Thursday. Just trying to figure out if I should continue checking the portal during this week or wait until this coming weekend for possible changes.....

So is the portal only updated after Thursday each week?? Because I heard the committee meets each Thursday. Just trying to figure out if I should continue checking the portal during this week or wait until this coming weekend for possible changes.....

Where did you hear that?

Wait until Friday. Time will come. :)

II via portal!!!!!!!! congrats @kf014 ! And everyone else that has gotten interviews/ has done their interview!

@ajv1213 I've attached a picture of my screen when I logged back into Drexel's BannerWeb. Once I clicked on Fall Semester 15-16 there was a link on that page directing me to view the decision which had the interview invite. Prior to today when I tried to log back into BannerWeb it just began making a new application. Hope this helps.

Wow! That's a speedy response! Do you mind sharing your stats? Congratulations! :)

Does anyone know what is a good time to call their office? I tried calling today, but no one was there.

is anyone interviewing this friday May 1st and want to share a hotel room. I'm female so prefer a female roommate.

Let me know!

TIA.

"Thank you for applying to Drexel University. After careful consideration of your application, the Admissions Committee has determined that we are unable to offer you admission." :(
I'm sorry :/ it's okay you'll get into a school that you were meant to go to :) don't give up hope, everything happens for a reason

Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry :/ it's okay you'll get into a school that you were meant to go to :) don't give up hope, everything happens for a reason

@gxb : Where did you see that decision? On banner or portal? Or did they e-mail you?

Cancelled my interview because I got accepted into a similar one for New York med schools. (AMSNY program). Good Luck to everyone here!

Reactions: 5 users