Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just checked the portal. My decision was updated, I didnt get in. Good luck to everyone else tho!
In sorry to hear that. What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? I haven't heard anything back yet but I've applied to some one year graduate programs as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
sorry to hear that you all...please remember rejection is never a testament of potential and ability, but merely whether or not someone thinks you fit the mold of what they are looking for.. you all may not fit this mold, but you'll be perfect for the institution that will eventually appreciate what you bring to the table..if this is your dream, please don't give up...continue to push. Every great has been rejected....as a basketball fan I always point to Michael Jordan (the greatest player of all time), who failed to make his high school basketball team twice..and then went on to win 6 nba championships...I pray every day for an acceptance to medical school, and it may not come thru DPMS, but I know if I keep my head up, work hard and stay positive, it will come. I believe the same for you all.

Reactions: 12 users
sorry to hear that you all...please remember rejection is never a testament of potential and ability, but merely whether or not someone thinks you fit the mold of what they are looking for.. you all may not fit this mold, but you'll be perfect for the institution that will eventually appreciate what you bring to the table..if this is your dream, please don't give up...continue to push. Every great has been rejected....as a basketball fan I always point to Michael Jordan (the greatest player of all time), who failed to make his high school basketball team twice..and then went on to win 6 nba championships...I pray every day for an acceptance to medical school, and it may not come thru DPMS, but I know if I keep my head up, work hard and stay positive, it will come. I believe the same for you all.
Thanks a bunch for making me cry. Lol. Sigh....I'm trying to smile through all the doubt and uncertainty, but your message is certainly appreciated. Best wishes.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks a bunch for making me cry. Lol. Sigh....I'm trying to smile through all the doubt and uncertainty, but your message is certainly appreciated. Best wishes.
LOL i def am sitting here trying not to cry too from that post! meh. THANKS!

@Maytheoddsbeinyourfavor thank you for the kind words. They definitely help! Its so hard to push through...I just came back from crying for 1/2 an hour because that's all I can do right now. Its so hard when I've been rejected to so many medical schools, to so many programs and all because of some mistakes along the way.
I feel like academic record enhancers require an already high GPA and MCAT, Drexel felt like my only hope...
Does anyone know of any other programs for urm? I know the gems deadline already passed, I already got rejected from Temple last year, I just don't know what else to do.
I know I need to enhance my GPA and MCAT, but the only way to do it is by focusing only on studying. Well I cannot afford the classes without getting into a formal certificate program, and apparently I cannot get into a program without having a higher GPA.
Sorry for such a depressing post...

@Maytheoddsbeinyourfavor thank you for the kind words. They definitely help! Its so hard to push through...I just came back from crying for 1/2 an hour because that's all I can do right now. Its so hard when I've been rejected to so many medical schools, to so many programs and all because of some mistakes along the way.
I feel like academic record enhancers require an already high GPA and MCAT, Drexel felt like my only hope...
Does anyone know of any other programs for urm? I know the gems deadline already passed, I already got rejected from Temple last year, I just don't know what else to do.
I know I need to enhance my GPA and MCAT, but the only way to do it is by focusing only on studying. Well I cannot afford the classes without getting into a formal certificate program, and apparently I cannot get into a program without having a higher GPA.
Check your inbox. I sent you a PM.

I understand. That is the position I found myself in two years ago. I applied to more than twenty medical schools and received rejections from each and all the post bac programs I applied to as well. I decided to get my mph to strengthen my experience in research since that is one of the areas I knew I was lacking. At the end of the day, it is not about how long it takes to achieve your goal. It's about getting there. Don't lose hope. Keep fighting because your patients are going to need you to fight for them one day and this experience is definitely something you will have to draw strength from. Don't give up.

Reactions: 2 users
I received the official rejection email today for the DPMS but they also accepted me into the IMS program, which I didn't even apply for. Has anyone been in the same position? I've done some reading on it and it seems that they offer interviews for students who do well in the program. Is the IMS worth it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the official rejection email today for the DPMS but they also accepted me into the IMS program, which I didn't even apply for. Has anyone been in the same position? I've done some reading on it and it seems that they offer interviews for students who do well in the program. Is the IMS worth it?
Did you get a II to the DPMS program, interview, then rejected? Or was it just an outright rejection from the beginning?

They include in consideration for all the post bac programs at Drexel with your DPMS application

They include in consideration for all the post bac programs at Drexel with your DPMS application
This. At the info session they said that they will consider you for every program so you only apply to one.

Hey.. just wanted to share this... so i know some of us are having to book flights in order to make it to the interviews.. i recommend using skiplagged.com.. for those of you that haven't heard of it, it's a pretty nifty website for searching flights.. the way it works is that say you want to fly Chicago to PHILLY, wellll you can do that, but how about if instead we play the system and use Philly as a "layover", right? so we book a flight that goes.. Chicago->PHILLY->Jacksonville.. Well, just don't make your connecting flight, and get off in Philadelphia.. it's a hell of a lot cheaper..
PROS: cheap cheap cheap... CHEAP
CONS: never book a round-trip flight, only book "direct" flights / never go with luggage, always carry on / even with a carry on, if all of a sudden the staff say "there's no room in the overhead compartment bins, you'll have to stow your carry on as luggage".. well, that's another risk, so maybe do this for your return flight back home where you won't need your formal clothes?

anyway, just wanted to pass this along and save us some money

Reactions: 7 users
Hey.. just wanted to share this... so i know some of us are having to book flights in order to make it to the interviews.. i recommend using skiplagged.com.. for those of you that haven't heard of it, it's a pretty nifty website for searching flights.. the way it works is that say you want to fly Chicago to PHILLY, wellll you can do that, but how about if instead we play the system and use Philly as a "layover", right? so we book a flight that goes.. Chicago->PHILLY->Jacksonville.. Well, just don't make your connecting flight, and get off in Philadelphia.. it's a hell of a lot cheaper..
CONS: never book a round-trip flight, only book "direct" flights / never go with luggage, always carry on / even with a carry on, if all of a sudden the staff say "there's no room in the overhead compartment bins, you'll have to stow your carry on as luggage".. well, that's another risk, so maybe do this for your return flight back home where you won't need your formal clothes?

Yup! Saved me 300$

This. At the info session they said that they will consider you for every program so you only apply to one.

I had no idea that one application meant consideration for the other programs as well. Thank you for the info!! I havent heard anything back from them yet but I am into the Tulane Masters of Anatomy as well as the William Carey MBS program...with a few others pending but I really like Drexel's programs. Good luck everyone!!

I understand. That is the position I found myself in two years ago. I applied to more than twenty medical schools and received rejections from each and all the post bac programs I applied to as well. I decided to get my mph to strengthen my experience in research since that is one of the areas I knew I was lacking. At the end of the day, it is not about how long it takes to achieve your goal. It's about getting there. Don't lose hope. Keep fighting because your patients are going to need you to fight for them one day and this experience is definitely something you will have to draw strength from. Don't give up.

Thank you @Future_doc07 and to all of those that sent me PMs - I don't know any of you personally but can tell that you are deeply caring individuals and will make amazing doctors! Thank you for your encouraging words! I will not give up!

Does anyone know if you can re-apply to the DPMS program? My plan is to study for the September MCAT, take some classes and reapply. Yesterday was a tough day but your kindness gave me hope!

Thanks for sharing! I don't have an interview but can definitely use this info!

Tired of waiting.

Last edited:
To everyone who's getting rejections, some post baccs and masters programs are definitely still taking apps.

Could everyone who did/didn't receive an acceptance share their stats?

Do you mean II? I don't think any acceptance (i.e. admissions) were sent out yet.

Oh I see! I'm not in this application cycle so I'm a little unfamiliar with it. So the program sends out acceptance/rejection letters for interviews around this time?

Oh I see! I'm not in this application cycle so I'm a little unfamiliar with it. So the program sends out acceptance/rejection letters for interviews around this time?
Yeah, they are only sending out II and acceptances should be sent out around June 5,6,7th...ish.

I was complete 4/25 and II 4/29.

2.75 sgpa/cgpa
21 mcat (V6,P7,B8) :(
5 years research 2 publications
8 years clinical experience...yada yada yada

Do we bring anything to the interview? (ie CV) I assume not just curious.

Power posing!!!! This video helped me a whoooooole lot!!! Y'all should definitely watch it! Thanks @gesundemedizin

Best of luck! You'll do just great!

By the way, I recommend this Ted talk, I do it religiously before exams (also helps for interviews)..

That was a great talk. Did it before my mcat.

hey everyone, got an interview finally ..but am really worried because am really shy, I have no clue what questions to expect and what's a wrong answer. I talked to the admissions director and she says the committee views everyone's application individually and decides if you should be track 1/2 I got a 6v 11b 10p and it sucks verbal is keeping me from my goals

hey everyone, got an interview finally ..but am really worried because am really shy, I have no clue what questions to expect and what's a wrong answer. I talked to the admissions director and she says the committee views everyone's application individually and decides if you should be track 1/2 I got a 6v 11b 10p and it sucks verbal is keeping me from my goals
I sent you a message.

When is your interview? I picked 5/11 as my date and I actually already booked for 5/10. But since you don't pay till you get there that would be doable if yours is the same day.
Have you found someone to share a room with @OmoNaijj ?

For those that have interviewed, can you please describe the format of the interview. Was it a group interview ?

For those that have interviewed, can you please describe the format of the interview. Was it a group interview ?

Hey guys.

I was one of maybe 8 or 9 people to interview today. The entire process was really relaxing and easy flowing, so try not to stress out too much. There was a writing prompt (very straight forward, you DO NOT have to have any prior knowledge about anything, so don't freak out). I can only specifically attest to my interview, but for the most part the general consensus was that the students thought their interviews went pretty well. Some advice, know your application inside out! majority of my interview questions were about my resume.

What I did to prepare for my interview was reread my application (i.e. essay, resume, and short answer responses), print out questions from the last ~ 4 years [from this site (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/ducom/survey/26#survey-result) which provides examples of questions students were asked in the past] and literally wrote out bullet points I would want to touch upon if i was to be asked this question, and lastly I did a mock interview with my mom. lol

Honestly I did all of this starting two days before my interview but it could easily be done in one. Overall the entire process seem to flow well and the questions I personally were asked weren't anything crazy or too difficult. With that being said I think confidence is EVERYTHING! I am sure you all will do fine with your upcoming interviews. Feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have. Good luck!

*And now the waiting game begins*

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys.

I was one of maybe 8 or 9 people to interview today. The entire process was really relaxing and easy flowing, so try not to stress out too much. There was a writing prompt (very straight forward, you DO NOT have to have any prior knowledge about anything, so don't freak out). I can only specifically attest to my interview, but for the most part the general consensus was that the students thought their interviews went pretty well. Some advice, know your application inside out! majority of my interview questions were about my resume.

What I did to prepare for my interview was reread my application (i.e. essay, resume, and short answer responses), print out questions from the last ~ 4 years [from this site (http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/ducom/survey/26#survey-result) which provides examples of questions students were asked in the past] and literally wrote out bullet points I would want to touch upon if i was to be asked this question, and lastly I did a mock interview with my mom. lol

Honestly I did all of this starting two days before my interview but it could easily be done in one. Overall the entire process seem to flow well and the questions I personally were asked weren't anything crazy or too difficult. With that being said I think confidence is EVERYTHING! I am sure you all will do fine with your upcoming interviews. Feel free to ask me any specific questions you may have. Good luck!

*And now the waiting game begins*

Thank you so much! I'm glad your interview went well! Good luck :)

Thanks for the info @FutureMD1107 Best wishes to you!

I'm interviewing tomorrow!

@FutureMD1107 Yeah, thanks for the info. I hope your interview went well. I'm also interviewing tomorrow!

Psssst... 21 days until admin makes a decision about all of the interviewees at their meeting! I can't wait to see my fate in an email shortly (hopefully) thereafter

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited: