Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At first it said that my app was complete and will be reviewed so today after my banner updated I checked it again and it said that

Well congrats for making it this far!!! Keep your head up and don't stop trying

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for sharing all of that with all of us. Don't give up on your dream! Call and find out how you can become a better applicant and hit em with your best shot!

I def will...this will not be the end I'm just going to see what I can learn from this to makeself better...becoming a physician is my purpose and I'm willing to do whatever it takes and this little failure won't keep me down

Reactions: 7 users
At first it said that my app was complete and will be reviewed so today after my banner updated I checked it again and it said that
oh I see. you must have been lucky enough to keep your access. Most of us lost access after a certain period of time. I would still wait for an official word, I hope that doesn't mean that all of us that were just updated are also not accepted. good luck to you and continue to push forward

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure I read that if you applied traditionally to Drexel, the portal will say the term has already started. If you did not, it might have a decision on it.

How to access the portal:
Go to https://discover.drexel.edu/
Click "Forgot student ID/pin" and enter your email and you should get an instant email with login info for it.

The portal has NEVER worked for me, but I would try it. It always says I need more information to locate my records and DPMS never emailed me back about my login for the portal, so I've only been relying on emails.

I'm pretty sure I read that if you applied traditionally to Drexel, the portal will say the term has already started. If you did not, it will probably have a decision on it.

How to access the portal:
Go to https://discover.drexel.edu/
Click "Forgot student ID/pin" and enter your email and you should get an instant email with login info for it.

The portal has NEVER worked for me, but I would try it. It always says I need more information to locate my records and DPMS never emailed me back about my login for the portal, so I've only been relying on emails.

I also did not apply traditionally or to any other programs through Drexel but for some reason it tells me the same thing about the term already starting. I see it's not a very consistent resource lol

Reactions: 2 users
I also did not apply traditionally or to any other programs through Drexel but for some reason it tells me the same thing about the term already starting. I see it's not a very consistent resource lol
WELL, looks like there's no reliable way to find out early then haha.

I was also rejected via the portal.
Thanks so much everyone for this thread. It was great to see so much support and encouragement!
Good luck!​

Reactions: 3 users
I just called and I got confirmation that I got in! Give Dr. Walker or either the admission office a ring!

Reactions: 3 users
I just called and I got confirmation that I got in! Give Dr. Walker or either the admission office a ring!

Congrats! Did you speak with Dr. Walker or someone else? Was it the actual medical admissions office?

I spoke with Dr. Walker but I am sure the admission office can let you know the status as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with Dr. Walker but I am sure the admission office can let you know the status as well!

Okay! Because I called and they wouldn't direct me to her they just kept asking what I needed

"Thank you for applying to Drexel University. After careful consideration of your application, the Admissions Committee has determined that we are unable to offer you admission."
This is what is says
Did you have an interview?

I did not check my banner on Friday. I did notice that is was updated over the weekend so I am assuming it was updated on Friday or maybe over the weekend( can't really say).I did not receive any indication that I got accepted or rejection on Saturday or Sunday like other people did so I decided to just go ahead and call.

Reactions: 1 user
yall really think she's gonna pick up and answer everyone's "am I in?" question. My guess is she's already silenced her phone. We will find out soon enough

Lol!!! I was just thinking her phone is probably ringing off the hook!!!!

yall really think she's gonna pick up and answer everyone's "am I in?" question. My guess is she's already silenced her phone. We will find out soon enough

Did everyone check the portal or just those who have access to it?

For those accepted. How did you know you were in track 1 or 2. And did dr walker or Kelli Kennedy email you? I got an acceptance email around 5 pm but it doesn't say if it's track 1 or 2

Last edited:
For those accepted. How did you know you were in track 1 or 2. And did dr walker or Kelli Kennedy email you? I got an acceptance email around 5 pm but it doesn't say if it's track 1 or 2
It says it on your acceptance letter. If you're track 1, it'll say something about taking the mcat and that you've been selected to be in that group. It doesn't say "track 1" or "track 2" directly.

It says it on your acceptance letter. If you're track 1, it'll say something about taking the mcat and that you've been selected to be in that group. It doesn't say "track 1" or "track 2" directly.
It just says welcome to the program and when classes start. It's from dr. Walker. Did you get yours from her or Kelli Kennedy?
And what was your mcat and gpa. So I can gauge where I'll be.

Kelli kennedy sends the acceptance email!

Congrats! Were you updated today or over the weekend?

ACCEPTED!!!! Banner still not updated. Email came in at 5pm.

Reactions: 9 users
It just says welcome to the program and when classes start. It's from dr. Walker. Did you get yours from her or Kelli Kennedy?
And what was your mcat and gpa. So I can gauge where I'll be.
Oh it's the acceptance from Kelli Kennedy, the email from Loretta Walker I received after the initial acceptance letter. Did you receive the one from Kelli that you have to sign and send back? I'll PM you the other details.

Oh it's the acceptance from Kelli Kennedy, the email from Loretta Walker I received after the initial acceptance letter. Did you receive the one from Kelli that you have to sign and send back? I'll PM you the other details.
Thanks.

wow congrats guys.. but i guess that kills it for the rest of us.. I'm so confused. I guess banner really does mean nothing

So I'll be calling one or both tomorrow.
My guess is that you just happened to receive the welcoming email from Dr. Walker which was sent out this evening before your actual official acceptance letter...your official acceptance should be coming in too..sent by kelli kennedy!

Last edited:
Congrats guys!

Also, it doesn't directly say Track 1 or 2. It says in the attached offer letter in the 3rd paragraph if you have to retake the MCAT or not.

Are the welcoming emails going out individually or were they sent at the end of the work day today?

Also accepted. Got an email today at 5PM. Pretty excited. Good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 1 users
If they are already sending welcome emails in assuming it's because dr walked already has the complete list and of we haven't gotten one that can't be good

If they are already sending welcome emails in assuming it's because dr walked already has the complete list and of we haven't gotten one that can't be good
No speculations please. Let's just wait to see.

Reactions: 10 users
Wow seems like a lot happened in a little time. Congrats guys. This process is pretty depressing..I think somebody said it best...either way "I'm ready to have my life back"lol.. I needed to be motivated again after dealing with all this so I confided in family and friends that help put things into perspective. It was summed up with "this is not the end of world"... No matter what happens tmrw.. It's alright, youre gonna be just fine...things are gonna keep moving. work just as hard in this year as you would have if you got into to DPMS and there is no reason why you can't be matriculating into medschool the same year as the people who did get in.. Work hard and trust in something, if your religious trust God, if you're not, trust yourself. Good luck to us! I'm gonna try to stay off of here until I hear something back..and then I'll come on to share the verdict lol.

Reactions: 11 users
So school appears to be starting june 22nd according to the welcome email. but there is no word of housing. at this point am looking for apartments currently for August. If youre female and in track 1 , kindly message me if youd be interested in rooming and studying together. I am really terrified to take the new mcat. how i wish the old one was still available.

I feel like I have been on edge since Friday. Hoping to hear back today.

Reactions: 4 users
@NinaSimone13 me too. I don't think i've ever been this nervous before. I gave them a call 10 munites ago to see what's up. The lady I spoke to told me she doesn't have permission to give decisions over the phone but she did say that the final letters will be sent by tomorrow. I'm not sure if that means we won't hear til tomorrow. But she said that's all that she could say. :-/

Yes, I also called. Kelli Kennedy says not quite all the acceptances are out and they are still working. So I guess we will see. This does really suck though. Like all I need is an email.

Reactions: 2 users
I got accepted too!! But I was placed into track 1. Can someone please clarify the MCAT requirement to get into track to because I thought with my MCAT, Iwould have made it to track 2.