Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted too!! But I was placed into track 1. Can someone please clarify the MCAT requirement to get into track to because I thought with my MCAT, Iwould have made it to track 2.

In the past it has been P:8, V:7 B:8. I am not sure if that has changed since last year.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted too!! But I was placed into track 1. Can someone please clarify the MCAT requirement to get into track to because I thought with my MCAT, Iwould have made it to track 2.

Congrats! Did u get an email today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it changed because I definitely have those score but they put me in track 1
they changed it to the 45th percentile in each section. I also think they said they would take a holistic approach in determining what track you will be placed in

honestly thought we'd get something by now. I guess we have 3 more hours till the end of business so we may still be getting word back today. I just don't know if I can take another day of this.

Reactions: 2 users
Banner changed yesterday to: "A decision has been made..." Waiting for an e-mail. Today when I logged in to banner it just gives me the option to start a new application... Don't know what to think of that. E-mail is silent. Portal is silent ("The term for which you have applied has already started") - no change. Banner status is silent too.

Reactions: 1 users
Banner changed yesterday to: "A decision has been made..." Waiting for an e-mail. Today when I logged in to banner it just gives me the option to start a new application... Don't know what to think of that. E-mail is silent. Portal is silent ("The term for which you have applied has already started") - no change. Banner status is silent too.

I'm in the same position. Who knows what's going on over but we'll know soon enough. Just gotta try to stay positive. We haven't been rejected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My banner was updated yesterday and I still haven't received notification. This is insane. Why wouldn't they just do it at once? The class size is so small it shouldn't take a week to send out acceptances. So frustrating. I need to let my Americorps placement know ASAP. Gah I just want to know one way or the other.

I think a few of us are in the same boat with the new application option on the banner. This is beyond nerve racking.

im gonna take the delay as they are still preparing some acceptances, because a mass email of rejections would be easy

Members don't see this ad :)
I just find it weird how Dr walker around sent out a welcome email to those in, makes me wonder if there is more acceptances coming

My hope is that they are still deciding on acceptances, maybe just having a really hard time naroweing it down to the last few and some of us will get acceptances tomorrow

My hope is that they are still deciding on acceptances, maybe just having a really hard time naroweing it down to the last few and some of us will get acceptances tomorrow

So I considered this, but it doesn't make sense that they would have started waitlisting people if they didn't know who all was going to be accepted. Thus, I think all the decisions are already made. But who knows.

Also, the people that got acceptance emails yesterday said they got them at 5pm. It's possible some emails will go out at the same time today.

So I considered this, but it doesn't make sense that they would have started waitlisting people if they didn't know who all was going to be accepted. Thus, I think all the decisions are already made. But who knows.

Also, the people that got acceptance emails yesterday said they got them at 5pm. It's possible some emails will go out at the same time today.
I think they're trying to figure out tracks for the rest of the acceptances.
As far as waitlisting, people found out on Sat they were wait listed while acceptances went out yesterday so again, the process is a mystery.
Let's stay hopeful. If not today, I'm pretty sure everyone will hear back by tomorrow (according to Kennedy).

im banking on the fact that I highly doubt that they would go through this much hassle just to come back and give every single person left a rejection. That could've been done already if that was the case. Although I agree that decisions have likely all been made, I do think there may be an acceptance or two to come. I wouldn't say a lot of acceptances but I do think there will be more

got my rejection letter just now. congrats to all and good luck.

Haha I don't have the mental fortitude to call and hear the verdict . I'll just wait patiently lol

I called medical admissions. I couldn't physically take it anymore.

It's pretty ridiculous then that they have the decisions already and haven't emailed them out

The fact that we have to call to figure it out is the most frustrating part,
especially since we don't want to bug the admissions office

I have been trying to contact Dr.Walker to get answers, to the question of if we will be given mcat classes as part of our track 1 curriculum since we need to have taken the mcat by march.

I have been trying to contact Dr.Walker to get answers, to the question of if we will be given mcat classes as part of our track 1 curriculum since we need to have taken the mcat by march.
During the interview we were told that MCAT classes would be a part of the curriculum. Princeton review I believe.

Since, those that are accepted have to decide by June 8th, would it be a reach to expect a decision for those waitlisted by June 9th? Because even with that, it still doesn't give those waitlisted up to 2 weeks to move and whatnot.

I received the official rejection email in the last hour or so. Thank you to everyone on here that shared their opinion and offered their help through every phase of this process. This thread is an invaluable resource. Congratulations to everyone that was accepted! I'm so happy to know that somewhere in the world, there are dreams coming true! If any of you have stories to share about how this is your 2nd, 3rd, 4th year applying, I'd love to read your stories of inspiration and success. For those of us rejected, this is just a bump. If not this year, then the following; and if not that way, then will we find other avenues to reach our boulevard of dreams.

Best of lucks, guys! If anyone wants to pm me or start a massive pm thread to share our tactics on how we will approach the next 12 months, I welcome it. Always have a plan and move forward. Don't.Stop.Moving.Forward.

Reactions: 8 users
Just received my official rejection (email came at 8:20). Congrats to everyone who got it you all will do great! For those of us on different paths don't give up hope, it just means God has something better planned for you. One of my favorite quotes from church is "sometimes no just means not right now". I have no doubt that you all will be amazing doctors in the future and I wish everyone the best of luck

Reactions: 3 users
I got a rejection email at 8:20 as well. Really confused and sad right now. Still kinda numb after reading the email. Definitely hurts.

Still haven't heard anything, not sure if they are still making choices?

I got a rejection email at 8:20 as well. Really confused and sad right now. Still kinda numb after reading the email. Definitely hurts.
You are strong. Just keep your head up and keep moving forward with your dream. Remember that nothing is impossible. Just focus like a laser on your weakness so that you can turn it into your strength.

The hardest thing is that I have no clue what else to possibly do to make it in school.... I'd have to wait a whole year to try for other smps and after that, I'd have to hope the smp is enough to get me in a school. And if I do get into a masters program, I'd have to wait until I finished to apply to a school. It's looking like another 3 years until it's possible again

remember what I said..especially now. this is by no means a reflection of your ability or potential. you beat out 600 ppl to be here. be proud of yourself and hold your head up high. more opportunities await, keep your head all the way up so that you can realize them when they come. work hard man, and i mean work hard. you're gonna make it! this is hard, but its def not the end! I believe in you man, now believe in yourself and make it happen.please let me know what medical school is gonna be lucky to have you when the time comes, I can't wait to hear about it .

Reactions: 3 users
@kf014 hey there, don't hang your head! I just got rejected tonight too. Idk if you are interested in the DO route, but there is a program that it almost identical to this one at Lake Erie College of Medicine. You can pm me, if you want more details about that.

Don't worry about time though. I'm thinking the same thing. In the end when we become doctors we'll look back and know that it was well worth the time. Keep fighting if this is your dream. In the interview for DPMS, Dr. Wagner asked me if I have a plan B. LOL I said i didn't and i meant it. Being a physician is all I want to do, and I'll grind until I get there. Like what was said above, and I believe it 100%. IF you didn't get in to DPMS, it might not be meant for you, something better is waiting. Now there is one less thing in our way to finding it

The hardest thing is that I have no clue what else to possibly do to make it in school.... I'd have to wait a whole year to try for other smps and after that, I'd have to hope the smp is enough to get me in a school. And if I do get into a masters program, I'd have to wait until I finished to apply to a school. It's looking like another 3 years until it's possible again
all you need to make it....is the will to make it. One of my favorite lines from a move is "if I can take it, then I can make it". Start with tomorrow by realizing you're still as great as you were the day you found you got an interview for this program. Next sit down and write down attainable goals, make a timeline. you don't have to change who you are on paper to get in, all you have to do is show them why they should take a chance on all that you could be if given the opportunity. Hard work is always noticed... shadow, gain more clinical experience, take some courses (may not even need to do a program), most of all have faith. My sdn account will always be active, hit me up if you ever need some encouragement.

I've cried my heart out many times on my quest to medical school, I know rejection all too well, as my journey started in 2012, but just know that perseverance is key on our long journey to medical school and beyond. No body really knows how hard it is to get into, let alone finish, a medical school program. Work on your weaknesses, stay well rounded as a person (take care of yourself) and as an applicant, and don't ever give up on your dreams, because if you keep at it you will achieve them!! Don't be afraid to lean on any one of us for support if you feel that you don't have adequate support because we know the pain associated with this process. In a perfect world you'd all be my classmates and I'd feel lucky to have you by side.