Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you choosing these programs based on linkage to medical school or other factors (e.g. location, tuition, etc..)? I'm thinking about Cincinnati and Georgetown.
I think the majority of applicants are drawn to the program because of the linkage. Some other programs that have linkage are Georgetown (must have a valid verified AMCAS application), Wake Forest (deadline was in January), Tulane (must have been wait listed by a med school), Temple U. Indiana's program does too but it's a 2 - year program.
I'm only applying to Temple and Drexel. (Drexel is top choice though because then I won't have to resit for the MCAT)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No everyone hears back from interviews around June six she had a two month wait while I had a two week wait. I say on average it's a month wait since the vast majority of interviews are in May. The actual medical school admission committee reviews the application not a special DPMS specific committee so right now it's been quiet because they are full swing in last round of medical school interviews. In May it will pick up substainally
Makes sense. Thank you!

Hi all!

I was wondering if you guys had an idea of how much I should be writing for the essay questions. 500 words? More? Less?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awe you make me laugh and cry !!
Lmao...that perfectly describes how life has been this app cycle... a nice little balance between tears and laughs...the closer it gets to august the more i feel the tears coming.lol..but all we can do is have faith.. I wish you lots of luck.

Hey Guys! How do we send in the letters of recommendation? Is there a way to do it online, or do we send it to this address
(Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences Drexel University College of Medicine Mail Stop 344, Room 4104 NCB 245 North 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA)

I sent an e-mail yesterday asking whether there is someway to send them the LOR via interfolio probably won't hear back till tomorrow. Would be a hassle to have e-mail each of my professors again and have them send them physical copies of their letters.

I sent an e-mail yesterday asking whether there is someway to send them the LOR via interfolio probably won't hear back till tomorrow. Would be a hassle to have e-mail each of my professors again and have them send them physical copies of their letters.
I asked this during the info session and they said you can send them via interfolio! This is the destination you have to choose:

Drexel Pathway to Medical School (DPMS) DPMS
2014-2015 Letters of Recommendation

Is there any way to get in touch with the admissions office to remove the name of one of my expected LORs? I sent in 3 letters ( 2 sci professors + 1 other letter) but apparently one of the letters is different from what I specified on my application and now my app is incomplete because I didn't send that letter. It's a bummer because the missing letter is supposed to be from an instructor that doesn't get back to me very quickly and has no idea how to use Interfolio :(

I emailed last week and they said we can send via email or just post it to that address.

Hey Guys! How do we send in the letters of recommendation? Is there a way to do it online, or do we send it to this address
(Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences Drexel University College of Medicine Mail Stop 344, Room 4104 NCB 245 North 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA)

All of mine were mailed in :)

Hey.
Does anyone know what the interview will be like?

Interview you have a faculty interview who asks you about stuff(you ask all 39 people who got in and you'll have 39 different responses on the exact interview length) before the interview you write a paper on an ethical interview and after you get lunch an a tour around the school,with former dpmser's who are in medical school. Usually second years based on interview time. And that's it

Members don't see this ad :)
They also said the letters should be on a letter head and come from the science professors .edu email

I know I asked this before but does anyone know the best way to get in touch with admissions? Is e-mail or phone better?

Can we send more than 3 letters of rec, or do we need 3 exactly? Also, do they except electronic transcripts?

Hi guys,

I just recently found abt this program literally today and was trying to apply before the fast approaching deadline.I want to apply to the DPMS program for this fall but I'm not sure what to select. in the application. Is it the "DPMS and PathA program" or is it the "Graduate Biomedical Studies"?

My app was marked complete yesterday.

I've already been accepted to PCOM-PA Biomedical Sciences program and I'm definitely leaning towards going there but of course if given a chance at DPMS which offers a provisional acceptance to their school I'd take it.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Everyone,

I'm also applying to DPMS program. My application was also marked complete yesterday. Good luck to all!

Reactions: 5 users
My app was marked complete yesterday.

I've already been accepted to PCOM-PA Biomedical Sciences program and I'm definitely leaning towards going there but of course if given a chance at DPMS which offers a provisional acceptance to their school I'd take it.

Hey... Is it a postbac program? I did not know PCOM had one!
COngrats!!!

I am excited for you too!

We will all be doctors eventually... We may have different routes, granted! Some will get there earlier than others... but who cares, right? WE WILL BE DOCTORS!

Reactions: 5 users
@NaijaMed I just heard that we could possibly start seeing invites as early as next week, but I don't think that was accurate, i edited my comment as to not give any false hope for some early decisions from dpms. I was just told thru dm by a past applicant that "it is not technically "rolling admissions" because they give out final decisions on the same date for everyone, but that interviews are granted based upon when your application is complete, so if you were complete early they can give you an invite as early as the end of March"

Last edited:
@NaijaMed I just heard that we could possibly start seeing invites as early as next week, but I don't think that was accurate, i edited my comment as to not give any false hope for some early decisions from dpms. I was just told thru dm by a past applicant that "it is not technically "rolling admissions" because they give out final decisions on the same date for everyone, but that interviews are granted based upon when your application is complete, so if you were complete early they can give you an invite as early as the end of March"
When I called them, they said they wouldn't even start reviewing applications until late April

When I called them, they said they wouldn't even start reviewing applications until late April
I don't know for sure which is why I didn't confirm, but based upon past years first interviews were given out prior to the deadline every year...maybe it's different this year but I find it highly unlikely that they will wait till the end of April to start reviewing apps considering the number of apps they have to review, interviews to be scheduled and conducted all before the first week of June ..but I have no idea..I'm just gonna continue to pray on it..I guess we'll see for sure when interview invites start coming

Yeah I was wondering the same thing because like you @Maytheoddsbeinyourfavor , I noticed in past DPMS threads people were posting news of interview invites prior to the April deadline. I don't know, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

how long is the essay? can we go over one page?

I submitted all of my materials but haven't gotten that app complete email yet >_> Last thing I received was an email from LeAnne saying they received my BCPM form, which was the last thing they were waiting for.

If I log back into my application, it's prompting me to create a brand new application. Is this happening to anyone else? I was hoping I can log back into my app and see its status from the Drexel portal. Just wanna know if it's normal or not :)

how long is the essay? can we go over one page?

I personally just used the AMCAS character limit as my guide (5300 characters.) I did maybe a sentence or two longer than 1 page, single spaced, Times, 12pt font and 1" margins.

I submitted all of my materials but haven't gotten that app complete email yet >_> Last thing I received was an email from LeAnne saying they received my BCPM form, which was the last thing they were waiting for.

If I log back into my application, it's prompting me to create a brand new application. Is this happening to anyone else? I was hoping I can log back into my app and see its status from the Drexel portal. Just wanna know if it's normal or not :)

It's normal. They send application status updates through e-mail so you can't go back in and see your status unfortunately.

Hi all I just found out about this program and am in the process of applying. I'm trying to send out my transcripts today and LORs as well. But I had a question for those who have already submitted their apps or turned in the supplemental things I tried calling the office yesterday regarding these questions but couldn't get a hold of anyone.

From reading the thread I see we can send letters in via interfolio. But I wanted to know is can we just have interfolio email them to this email: [email protected] or is that only the specific letter writer who can do that? Or is interfolio only to be paper mailed in to this address: (Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences Drexel University College of Medicine Mail Stop 344, Room 4104 NCB 245 North 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA)

Also for transcripts I mail them to that same address without any special paper attached right? I know some schools require certain papers to accompany the transcripts with ID numbers etc.? I didn't see anything like this in the app. Thank you for the help!

Hi all I just found out about this program and am in the process of applying. I'm trying to send out my transcripts today and LORs as well. But I had a question for those who have already submitted their apps or turned in the supplemental things I tried calling the office yesterday regarding these questions but couldn't get a hold of anyone.

From reading the thread I see we can send letters in via interfolio. But I wanted to know is can we just have interfolio email them to this email: [email protected] or is that only the specific letter writer who can do that? Or is interfolio only to be paper mailed in to this address: (Office of Professional Studies in the Health Sciences Drexel University College of Medicine Mail Stop 344, Room 4104 NCB 245 North 15th Street Philadelphia, PA 19102-1192 USA)

Also for transcripts I mail them to that same address without any special paper attached right? I know some schools require certain papers to accompany the transcripts with ID numbers etc.? I didn't see anything like this in the app. Thank you for the help!

Hey! I can't speak on interfolio as I've never used it before but as far as the transcripts.... My two transcripts were mailed directly from the schools to the address you listed. I also did not have a special letter accompanying the transcripts and my app was marked complete. Hope this helps! :)

Hey,
I had emailed them about this and they told me the LOR could be send via email at that address you wrote, OR via postal mail. The transcripts are sent from the school to that address as well.

I sent my rec letters through Interfolio to that email address and I sent my unopened official transcripts via postal mail without any special letter attached. My application has been marked complete.

I mailed my transcripts through interfolio. If you need it to get there faster, you can call them and I believe they will instruct you on how to send your LOR via email.

Hey! I can't speak on interfolio as I've never used it before but as far as the transcripts.... My two transcripts were mailed directly from the schools to the address you listed. I also did not have a special letter accompanying the transcripts and my app was marked complete. Hope this helps! :)

Hey,
I had emailed them about this and they told me the LOR could be send via email at that address you wrote, OR via postal mail. The transcripts are sent from the school to that address as well.

I sent my rec letters through Interfolio to that email address and I sent my unopened official transcripts via postal mail without any special letter attached. My application has been marked complete.

I mailed my transcripts through interfolio. If you need it to get there faster, you can call them and I believe they will instruct you on how to send your LOR via email.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I had my transcripts mailed out to that address and working with interfolio to mail or email the LORs

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, Not a problem.

Not sure how interfolio for LOR works but email was straight forward me. and DPMS people email you to let you know they received your transcrips (alog with everything else for that matter)

Hey @toffeenut I just recently logged into my account and saw my application I submitted was there. It may just take awhile. I submitted mine at the end of January, so it shows my application and gives me the option to submit a new one. I read others threads about how they saw an invitation for an invite, so I look at it every few days to see, but I'm just making myself anxious lol.

Interfolio gives you the option online to email LORs and they'll get there same day or the next day. You don't have to call them. Plus technically, you aren't suppose to see LORs, so I wouldn't email them directly.