Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the complete email, but the application is not showing up in the portal. I was only complete like 2 weeks ago though. Is that normal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview omg omg omg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All,
I just submitted my application and paid the fee on Monday. Prior to this, I submitted all my supporting materials in advanced. Initially, when I logged in, I can see my application and Summary of my submission, but now when I log in, I see nothing. Is this normal? How long did it take for you guys to get the completed e-mail?

Hi All,
I just submitted my application and paid the fee on Monday. Prior to this, I submitted all my supporting materials in advanced. Initially, when I logged in, I can see my application and Summary of my submission, but now when I log in, I see nothing. Is this normal? How long did it take for you guys to get the completed e-mail?
That's the same with me. I guess we just have to wait a little to see it again. It took me a week after sending everything to be complete I think

That's the same with me. I guess we just have to wait a little to see it again. It took me a week after sending everything to be complete I think
Once you submit you will not be able to access your application again..all communications thereafter will be via email..and you will get the complete email as soon as they have determined they have received everything for you which may take a little longer the later we get in the app process but as long as you turned everything in before deadline you're good...the folks who "got interviews" on their application page hadn't seen anything on there until today..Im guessing this is just the first batch of interviews..remember the bulk go out in May and everyone has an equal shot independent of when they interviewed since they send out result the same day so don't worry @RealityDream

Hi,
For the BCPM form do we include the science labs?
Thanks

Last edited:
Oh my. I thought they were not reviewing the apps and offering interviews until after the April 24 deadline.

Congrats for those who got interviews! Would you mind sharing some information like:

Date application was submitted.
Date the application was marked complete.
GPA/MCAT

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Hi All,
It took mine awhile to appear after I got the completion notification. I would say about a month to 2 months. I completed mine in January though, so it will probably be sooner for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who have interviews as of right now. This is the first batch an may be smaller so all who hadn't heard anything yet the fat lady hasn't even started warming up. If you do have interviews practice with people, pets, stuffed animals, etc. Because this will be one and only interview for the medical school as well. For info they can literally ask any and all on application so review them(even the fun activity stuff one of my classmates interview was literally about sports(that interviewer was Dr. White if they tell you ahead of time) rest up and good luck. Feel free for asking questions(except is it too late for interviews if it isn't June interviews are not lost on you)

2/27 submitted
3/17 completed
3.3 GPA / 23 MCAT

Once you submit you will not be able to access your application again..all communications thereafter will be via email..and you will get the complete email as soon as they have determined they have received everything for you which may take a little longer the later we get in the app process but as long as you turned everything in before deadline you're good...the folks who "got interviews" on their application page hadn't seen anything on there until today..Im guessing this is just the first batch of interviews..remember the bulk go out in May and everyone has an equal shot independent of when they interviewed since they send out result the same day so don't worry @RealityDream

I'm just a bit worried because the deadline is in less than 3 weeks. I hate to be in the spot where I would be told 1 week before the deadline that I missed a supporting material that I sent in weeks ahead. :(
When I submitted my essay, the e-mail said to allow a minimum of 2 weeks for my materials to be associated with my application.

Congrats to all who have interviews as of right now. This is the first batch an may be smaller so all who hadn't heard anything yet the fat lady hasn't even started warming up. If you do have interviews practice with people, pets, stuffed animals, etc. Because this will be one and only interview for the medical school as well. For info they can literally ask any and all on application so review them(even the fun activity stuff one of my classmates interview was literally about sports(that interviewer was Dr. White if they tell you ahead of time) rest up and good luck. Feel free for asking questions(except is it too late for interviews if it isn't June interviews are not lost on you)
Does this mean I'm at a disadvantage since I just submitted my application this week?

Wow II!!!! I am at work so happy right now, OMG!

Does this mean I'm at a disadvantage since I just submitted my application this week?
No it doesn't it just means that you're not receiving an interview til May if you get one. Which there is no disadvantage too(I had my on the last possible date, was scheduled at the last possible time(extenuating circumstances) and I'm in. This was literally to tell people who haven't turned it in that early interviews are possible but they're no where near done.
However the application is due in 2 weeks so if transcripts and letters aren't in (because those are mailed) and only if those are the things not in then I would hustle to get those in .

Reactions: 2 users
So I got the invite but when I go back to the screen to schedule the interview there is no place to do that. Anyone else have trouble with this? Looks like I'll be calling at 9 when they open.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 118
It's the same for me. I am guessing they still have to update their system. Also interview invites are emailed as well and I am assuming dates for interviews will be included in the email.

So I got the invite but when I go back to the screen to schedule the interview there is no place to do that. Anyone else have trouble with this? Looks like I'll be calling at 9 when they open.
Looking at past threads, it takes an additional day or two to get the actual email invite with the dates. So you should get it soon. I figure I'll call if I don't hear from them by the end of the day tomorrow.

It's the same for me. I am guessing they still have to update their system. Also interview invites are emailed as well and I am assuming dates for interviews will be included in the email.

Ok thanks for the response! I haven't seen an email yet but hopefully today.

I feel really late compared to everyone else. I'm still submitting my MCAT scores and final recommendation letter. For the MCAT scores, is the only way to send it to DPMS electronically. Because when I go to MCAT THx, it only lets me send it electronically to the "Drexel Medical Science Program." Is that the one everyone else sent it to, or am I completely off? (And congrats to those that got an II!!)

Yes. That's the correct one to submit MCAT score.

What's the correct mailing address for the transcripts/letters of recommendation?

What's the correct mailing address for the transcripts/letters of recommendation?

Division of Pre-medical and Pre-health Programs

Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies
New College Building, Room 4104
245 North 15th Street, Mail Stop 344
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Hi all,
For those of us that attended a webinar and got a fee waiver for the application...do we have to do anything else? I dont have clear notes from the webinar, but I do remember Carol taking my attendance and saying that I did not have to do anything further and she had record of it.

Also, about how much is every one writing for the additional essay questions? The medical activities etc? Similar structure to AMCAS application or more detailed?

anybody know when those who have had their online status updated as "you have been invited to interview" will be receiving this official scheduling email?....I've gotten so many rejections, ambiguous emails, and everything else you can think of this year from medical schools, im anxious to know for certain that this is the real deal .lol , and for those still waiting to hear, I am by no means an expert on DPMS, but as a professional sdn forum stalker I can say that there are ppl who get in who turned their app in early and who interview the very first day and there are people who turned their app in on the deadline and who interviewed the very last day and got in...so I think its safe to say it is still fair game for everyone and by no means is anyone behind at this point. good luck to everyone, all any of us can do on this journey is our very best, cant stress too much on things that are out of our control and focus on the things that are, the opportunities that are meant for us, we will have, and those that are not, we learn from and use as fuel to absolutely dominate the opportunities we do receive. Good Luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all,
For those of us that attended a webinar and got a fee waiver for the application...do we have to do anything else? I dont have clear notes from the webinar, but I do remember Carol taking my attendance and saying that I did not have to do anything further and she had record of it.

Also, about how much is every one writing for the additional essay questions? The medical activities etc? Similar structure to AMCAS application or more detailed?

Nothing else to be done. After I submitted my app they sent me an email telling me the remaining documents I needed to submit, including payment. I just replied that I attended the webinar and was told in the following email that I did not have to submit any form of payment since I attended.
So IF they ask for pay for the fees, just tell them you attended the webinar.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel really late compared to everyone else. I'm still submitting my MCAT scores and final recommendation letter. For the MCAT scores, is the only way to send it to DPMS electronically. Because when I go to MCAT THx, it only lets me send it electronically to the "Drexel Medical Science Program." Is that the one everyone else sent it to, or am I completely off? (And congrats to those that got an II!!)

You are not late, Relax! The deadline isnt until another 2 weeks. I am missing a LOR as well.
Better to have a solid, well written application that rushing into submitting one that does not reflect your credentials...

No it doesn't it just means that you're not receiving an interview til May if you get one. Which there is no disadvantage too(I had my on the last possible date, was scheduled at the last possible time(extenuating circumstances) and I'm in. This was literally to tell people who haven't turned it in that early interviews are possible but they're no where near done.
However the application is due in 2 weeks so if transcripts and letters aren't in (because those are mailed) and only if those are the things not in then I would hustle to get those in .
When does the summer enrichment program start?? I know it's in June

You are not late, Relax! The deadline isnt until another 2 weeks. I am missing a LOR as well.
Better to have a solid, well written application that rushing into submitting one that does not reflect your credentials...
@SwordOfTheMorning I would still suggest turning it in as soon as possible, just so you have time to confirm that they have received everything before the 24th as the office can be a bit slow at responding.

Nothing else to be done. After I submitted my app they sent me an email telling me the remaining documents I needed to submit, including payment. I just replied that I attended the webinar and was told in the following email that I did not have to submit any form of payment since I attended.
So IF they ask for pay for the fees, just tell them you attended the webinar.
Hey, When did you submit your app? And when did you get the email?

Hey, When did you submit your app? And when did you get the email?

I submitted it on March 3rd, and received a status update email EVERYTIME they received a supporting document (LOR, transcript from each school, etc)

Do they not send status updates until you have submitted your application? For example, I have already sent in my transcripts, MCAT and one letter of rec but I have no idea if they have received them since I haven't submitted my application.

They are still missing one of my transcripts. Damn I hate CUNY. I sent them twice, paid for them TWICE.

IDK. In my case, One of my LOR and transcript arrived first, but they didnt start updating me until after I submitted my app.

I only got an email telling me that I was missing a transcript, then an email after I turned it in tell me I was "complete". I did not get an email every time I turned something in other than my app and bcpm sheet. I still got a complete email, so im not sure how the notification process works for supplementary materials.

Do they not send status updates until you have submitted your application? For example, I have already sent in my transcripts, MCAT and one letter of rec but I have no idea if they have received them since I haven't submitted my application.
I don't think they send updates till you submit your application and payment it received.

I only got an email telling me that I was missing a transcript, then an email after I turned it in tell me I was "complete". I did not get an email every time I turned something in other than my app and bcpm sheet. I still got a complete email, so im not sure how the notification process works for supplementary materials.
Do you mind sharing when you submitted the app and when it was marked complete?

Is anyone applying to Temple's ACMS program?