Drexel DPMS 2017?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zurc2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I interviewed for the Drexel DPMS program a year ago but ultimately didn't get in. I've since taken a post bacc and increased my mcat to a 506 (well over their requirement). I noticed that their application has recently became available and wanted to know if there is any benefit to applying early? I think this is a solid backup if my interviews lead to rejection/waitlist. Advice? Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont have any advice but I did apply to this program once and got rejected. I am applying again, same stats but early and more ECs.
They rejected me for the MD program so why not.
I have not had any interviews and it's december, I am making all sorts of PLan Bs

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in so I'm not applying to this program

Reactions: 1 user
I dont have any advice but I did apply to this program once and got rejected. I am applying again, same stats but early and more ECs.
They rejected me for the MD program so why not.
I have not had any interviews and it's december, I am making all sorts of PLan Bs

I applied as well. I was told they dont start doin interviews until after the April28th deadline.....Im impatiently waiting....I need some more options!

I applied as well. I was told they dont start doin interviews until after the April28th deadline.....Im impatiently waiting....I need some more options!

So the interviews for this are that late? How do you know this?

So the interviews for this are that late? How do you know this?
They encourage you to apply as early as possible but you won't hear back anything, whether interview invite or rejection, until after the deadline. Good luck!

They encourage you to apply as early as possible but you won't hear back anything, whether interview invite or rejection, until after the deadline. Good luck!
Thank you!

I already applied.

Hi, I interviewed for the Drexel DPMS program a year ago but ultimately didn't get in. I've since taken a post bacc and increased my mcat to a 506 (well over their requirement). I noticed that their application has recently became available and wanted to know if there is any benefit to applying early? I think this is a solid backup if my interviews lead to rejection/waitlist. Advice? Suggestions?
Hey. What did you do to improve your mcat score?

Oh I tried that my score was the same after doing a prep class
The class is not wat increased my score. The class was wack af. It was the many FL tests they provide that helped.

Does anyone know what the minimum MCAT score is for matriculation (upon completion of the program), and if the program contains any MCAT prep?

Yes to the mcat prep. The threshold is low, like a 500 or so. It may have changed so just call and check. It's a low mcat requirement but its hard to get it even with the built in prep course. The classes are first year classes and you will be too busy to fully devote to the mcat. Everyone I know that got into the program did not meet the mcat requirement but they all met the program gpa...

hey can i ask why you think you didn't get in? Also hows the interview?

hey can i ask why you think you didn't get in? Also hows the interview?
I didn't get in because both my MCAT and GPA were too low I believe. I had a 2.75 or do. I think I only got interviewed because of my story . My interview went great. Better than my actual medical school interviews.

I didn't get in because both my MCAT and GPA were too low I believe. I had a 2.75 or do. I think I only got interviewed because of my story . My interview went great. Better than my actual medical school interviews.
Can you explain how you did it. How did you get into UTsouthwestern with a LizzyM of 58-59????

There may be hope for me

Can you explain how you did it. How did you get into UTsouthwestern with a LizzyM of 58-59????

There may be hope for me
I had alot more to my app and I did a very extensive post bacc. I applied with 5 publications, good post bacc, decade of clinical experience, ect. My only flaw was my cgpa

Reactions: 1 users
I had alot more to my app and I did a very extensive post bacc. I applied with 5 publications, good post bacc, decade of clinical experience, ect. My only flaw was my cgpa

Congratulations on your acceptance! :) If you dont mind telling what post-bacc program did you do?

Congratulations on your acceptance! :) If you dont mind telling what post-bacc program did you do?
I did a post bacc at my undergrad. Nothing special. I wouldn't waste my money on an expensive post bacc (unless its guaranteed like dpms). I just took a $hit ton of upperlevel classes and maxed out my classes per semester. If you get rejected from DPMS don't let it get you down. I was so close to getting in that I cried in my car when I got that rejection. Man...it hurt. I thought that was my only chance of ever getting into medical school. Luckily I did not get accepted cause now my patience got me into my top choice school with a full ride. Stick with your guns and keep pushing. Just a little words of advice from someone who was shot down but still got a better deal out of the situation :)

Reactions: 1 users