Drexel Programs IMS MSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinghenry043

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to offer some advice. The Drexel Programs have good things about them and some things that need improvement. The number one thing is that there is only one type of student who should do IMS: a student who already has a high MCAT score and who is extremely motivated to work. Reasons: the classes are very very challenging and the students who are enrolled are all very motivated. Therefore, unless you are ready to study all day every day you will not be getting the grades med schools want. The classes are set up that most students get B’s and it is very difficult to get A’s. However, medical schools are used to seeing over 3.5 gpas because undergrad is not as challenging. Therefore, IMS will not help most people. However, it is very good for some.
The best program is MSP. In the MSP program, students have one mission: raise their MCAT score. A year of prep goes a long way towards getting a higher MCAT score. Also, the MSP classes are much easier- along the lines of undergrad and most of the students get high GPAs. Medical schools do not know that these classes are easy and they will look favorably on the high GPAs. The MSP program is more effective in getting people in despite the fact that MSP students are usually not as good of students as IMS and can not get a good MCAT score without help.

In conclusion, IMS really will help prepare you for medical school and if you’re not a good student, you will fail some courses. However, most medical schools are not aware of how the program is set up and how challenging it is, so therefore it probably won’t help you get in- and what good is being well prepared if you can’t use it, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

hey thanks for the info. I just wanted to add that I heard there is an 80% completion or matriculation rate for the IMS program this past year. About 10-13 ppl didn't make it.