This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandu_cheeks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

_12803103.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was expecting a super colorful suit when I opened this up.

Yeah that looks fine

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
aw yiss. do you think the dress cuts off a little too high? I tried it on yesterday and it hits ~2 inches above my knee. Kind of like on this model (see below), but like an inch higher. As long as I stick to low heels, it should be ok, right?

I don't see any issue with it as you describe.

A good rule of thumb I've found is, if you wouldn't feel comfortable seeing your mom in it, then don't wear it to a professional setting.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey there,

I wanted to take advantage of the Nordstrom anniversary sale to purchase my interview suit. I usually never spend more on ~$10-30 on any clothing item, so this will be an opportunity to splurge!

I was drawn to this dress suit (see below), but was worried that the color/fabric might be a little too...bright? Adcoms, would this be appropriate for interviews?

_12803103.jpg
The color is fine as long as the material is not as shiny as it appears here.

Reactions: 3 users
The shininess makes it a little prom dressy/formal evening weary.

Butttttt, wearing something that makes you feel comfortable and powerful can be a huge mental help for your interviewing game. So maybe a little bit of shininess is okay.

Reactions: 1 user