DRoP the WW sign ups and game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eh. This game was kinda unfair, in my opinion (with all due respect to Trilt and Kcoughli, both of whom I like). I <REALLY> don't like that Abney was "pseudo-converted" similarly to how I was in a previous game. It just ... it's too unfair to villagers.

The mechanisms should make sense. If Abney is converted to a wolf, she should have revealed as a wolf upon death. In this game, though, she was going to be revealed as chaos - even though she had been converted. So even if she was lynched like I wanted, it still may not have led to a Lupin lynch (I sure would have lynched Lupin if Abney came back chaos, but I don't know if other people would have.).

Alignment should not straddle. A player should at any one time be either wolf, chaos, neutral, villager, or whatever. They shouldn't have some of each. That just makes for random gameplay where you can't really figure out what's going on.

Totally just my modding opinion. Not trying to bitch or start an argument.

I liked the retroactive tracking role in this game. Cool twist on tracking.
In my opinion, I don't think chaos should be convertible at all. Goes against the point of having chaos in the first place. They aren't supposed to help one side or the other and their incentive should be to keep things as balanced as possible, which is why their win conditions tend to be mutually exclusive with the other groups. If chaos gets converted they are obviously going to help that team even if they are still "chaos." That's just like, my opinion though. I know in this instance there was the whole thing with the wolves wasting their conversion chances. To which I say: meh :p

I liked the retroactive tracking too. Way cool.

Any so concludes the 50th game i have been chaos.

Chaos != wolf

You get rid of a wolf right away.

Chaos, it really is aok to let them be for a while to make the game funner for everyone!!
But we had no ideas on the wolves so, next best thing!

Members don't see this ad.

Take it in stride. You made n00b mistakes, including a really huge one, and sure, I'm calling you on it, but so what? We all made n00b mistakes, and we all continue to make mistakes. It's the nature of the game. Play hard, lynch without regret, and enjoy it.
Yeah, many a game where I vouched for MJ and turned out to be super wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
hehe. I considered for a bit trying to get you lynched for old times sake when I came back a wolf, but knew we needed the double kills if we were gonna win this thing.
I'd have lost my trust in you if the game had played out like that (since promo was the one person I could for-sure, truly know was aligned villager, 100% :p)

Eh. This game was kinda unfair, in my opinion (with all due respect to Trilt and Kcoughli, both of whom I like). I <REALLY> don't like that Abney was "pseudo-converted" similarly to how I was in a previous game. It just ... it's too unfair to villagers.

The mechanisms should make sense. If Abney is converted to a wolf, she should have revealed as a wolf upon death. In this game, though, she was going to be revealed as chaos - even though she had been converted. So even if she was lynched like I wanted, it still may not have led to a Lupin lynch (I sure would have lynched Lupin if Abney came back chaos, but I don't know if other people would have.).

Alignment should not straddle. A player should at any one time be either wolf, chaos, neutral, villager, or whatever. They shouldn't have some of each. That just makes for random gameplay where you can't really figure out what's going on.

Totally just my modding opinion. Not trying to bitch or start an argument.

P.S. This is meant as critique, not criticism. I know how hard it is to mod. I think both Trilt and Kcoughli did a bang-up job with a fun game. I am not being bitchy - I just have strong feelings (like they do) about how games should be run. They are both good people and fun to WW with.

Reactions: 1 user
Alignment should not straddle.
I blame STL for this btw, with the Incredibles game and how lupin and aloha (I think?) were Wolves and True Evil :laugh: but if I remember correctly upon death they were revealed as their newest affiliation and as far as numbers, win conditions, and everything went they counted as that. They just had to maintain their cover with their original group.

So question, if dyachei had been rezzed, would I have converted back? If a rider was converted, did their dragon get converted too?

P.S. This is meant as critique, not criticism. I know how hard it is to mod. I think both Trilt and Kcoughli did a bang-up job with a fun game. I am not being bitchy - I just have strong feelings (like they do) about how games should be run. They are both good people and fun to WW with.
Not read as bitchy. :) Happy to hear from people post-game, it only makes the games better going forward.
So question, if dyachei had been rezzed, would I have converted back? If a rider was converted, did their dragon get converted too?
No. You (and SOV) were going to convert eventually anyway, yours was just hastened by Dy's death. And dragons were not able to be converted, period, per their role description.

Reactions: 1 users

I liked the retroactive tracking too. Way cool.

Too bad I sucked at it :(

N2: tracked lupin
N4: tithed
N6: tracked kam
N8: tracked VMH trying to find out when the conversion was but saw her killing sandy instead
N10: was going to track WZ but died

So, not so useful this time :p

N8: tracked VMH trying to find out when the conversion was but saw her killing sandy instead

But hey, I had no idea what your ability was, so there is that :laugh:

I blame STL for this btw, with the Incredibles game and how lupin and aloha (I think?) were Wolves and True Evil :laugh: but if I remember correctly upon death they were revealed as their newest affiliation and as far as numbers, win conditions, and everything went they counted as that. They just had to maintain their cover with their original group.
Yeah blame STL, that's a good plan! We can blame all sorts of the shenanigans that I dream up as being from learning under him. ;)

But truly, in Pokemon there was a good lore reason for the false conversion. As much grief as that caused me, it made perfect sense with the theme and the story, and I honestly can't say I regret that one too much. Still won't do it again though.

If wolves hadn't killed you, you would have functionally cleared WZ with your N10 move... not shabby at all. And I think you saw Vethed trying to convert Ramoth/Promo N8.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If wolves hadn't killed you, you would have functionally cleared WZ with your N10 move... not shabby at all. And I think you saw Vethed trying to convert Ramoth/Promo N8.
:cryi:
That and LIS almost blocking me the night he was redirected. All the sads.

Really the chaos-> wolf conversion was a ****show. Not something I anticipated happening at all and therefore didn't have a plan in place for it. When they begged and I RNG'ed their conversion success (since it dropped with each failed attempt) and saw they would be successful I figured that was fate telling me to let it happen. Figured their goals lined up pretty well anyway, though originally chaos would've had to kill the wolf-dragonriders SOV and Gwen plus if they converted a dragonrider.

Did you track me right before Kam killed me? I don't even remember if I'm the one that killed Sandy lol

But hey, I had no idea what your ability was, so there is that :laugh:

Yay! I did something good!

Did you track me right before Kam killed me? I don't even remember if I'm the one that killed Sandy lol

Aww yay thank you trilt :love:
So VMH, I looked at whatever you were doing on N4, which I thought was killing sandy (because my results said something about a gold dragon and sands character had a gold dragon), but I think trilt is right...it was you trying to convert promo! So idk if you killed sandy either :)

Really the chaos-> wolf conversion was a ****show. Not something I anticipated happening at all and therefore didn't have a plan in place for it. When they begged and I RNG'ed their conversion success (since it dropped with each failed attempt) and saw they would be successful I figured that was fate telling me to let it happen. Figured their goals lined up pretty well anyway, though originally chaos would've had to kill the wolf-dragonriders SOV and Gwen plus if they converted a dragonrider.
Yeah I was relieved that there weren't other dragonriders in there. That's why I didn't say anything about being chaos until the very end.

And I was never going to rez Sandy. I didn't want to have to kill her again. Lupin was a good choice becauseshe wasn't a dragonrider

Hey question---why wasn't Ab's potential rez conversion mentioned in the riddle Deva got?

I'd assumed that since Abs was converted prior to the riddle going out, and there was no mention in the riddle that a rez could be a source of conversion, Lupin (who died village) should have been clean even if Abs was our convert. Made her claim that Ab wouldn't have likely killed MJ hold more weight.

Thanks for the game mods, it had me tearing my hair out at the end, I had a great time. :D

Hey question---why wasn't Ab's potential rez conversion mentioned in the riddle Deva got?

I'd assumed that since Abs was converted prior to the riddle going out, and there was no mention in the riddle that a rez could be a source of conversion, Lupin (who died village) should have been clean even if Abs was our convert. Made her claim that Ab wouldn't have likely killed MJ hold more weight.

Thanks for the game mods, it had me tearing my hair out at the end, I had a great time. :D
I think I got converted after that riddle

Yeah I was relieved that there weren't other dragonriders in there. That's why I didn't say anything about being chaos until the very end.

And I was never going to rez Sandy. I didn't want to have to kill her again. Lupin was a good choice becauseshe wasn't a dragonrider

Dang. Your reverse psychology is good. It seemed like I pressured you into choosing Lupin.

My mess-up. I didn't know that Ab could convert through rez if T'bor found her after she found Meron.

By the way @Kam325 , I know you mentioned on thread earlier that you thought my lack of inclusion of my name in my "role reveal" was a purposeful omission on my part and I just wanted to add that I never even thought about my name being in the role description. I took it out because I feel like people already know who I am and I think it's unnecessary to always include it :p Good catch though.

I kind of figured that I was going to be lynched/killed when I had to role reveal anyway because I didn't really put any time into coming up with a good cover role for myself, and was also just unfamiliar enough with the theme to not really know who would have been a good cover anyway (that didn't also exist as another player). I also realized later that I should have come up with a role cover whole cloth, as I believe all of the lords in this game were not villagers.

Although, this is all I have to say about my half baked role reveal:
tumblr_mg0rey2gH51qbtzheo1_540.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Oh you DID send it after I was converted?
I believe you had been converted to chaos at that time. I know that riddle was sent out after SOV died.

The exact question was "how many conversions are allowed to occur over the game". Since it asked how many conversions were allowed in the game, I answered with (I thought) all game-mechanic possible conversions, whether or not they were possible at the point the riddle was sent.

I believe you had been converted to chaos at that time. I know that riddle was sent out after SOV died.

The exact question was "how many conversions are allowed to occur over the game". Since it asked how many conversions were allowed in the game, I answered with (I thought) all game-mechanic possible conversions, whether or not they were possible at the point the riddle was sent.
I was always chaos. And gooootcha

I took it out because I feel like people already know who I am and I think it's unnecessary to always include it :p
That was literally what I thought when I was trying to figure out what part of your false description Kam had found suspicious. I saw your name was missing and was like "nah, that couldn't be it..." Heh.

That was literally what I thought when I was trying to figure out what part of your false description Kam had found suspicious. I saw your name was missing and was like "nah, that couldn't be it..." Heh.
I wasn't even sure which part of that horrible thing set her off until she explicitly said it later in hold PMs. I was like... I'm pretty sure I might have done that even if I was a villager. :p

I wasn't even sure which part of that horrible thing set her off until she explicitly said it later in hold PMs. I was like... I'm pretty sure I might have done that even if I was a villager. :p
She idiot savanted it!

Yeah. Like, we had a mutual convo about who we were going to lynch but in the ruatha hold I had said that sandy was my first choice and a case was made against it and you read that and it made you think "yeah, I made a case against it"
Assuming you meant rez, but someone really should have made a case for rezzing a dragon. Villagers :mad: