Dropping a lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmcunnin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you advise dropping a lab that I might expect a C in? I'm a non traditional taking prereqs (Bio, Chem, and both labs). I have an A in all the classes except the Chemistry lab. I think I have about a low B right now. The teacher is rough, and it's just hard as hell overall. I think I can manage a C (hopefully better), but would any of you suggest dropping it or just sticking with it? It's only one credit hour so I figured it wouldn't hurt too bad. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on how many other Ws you have on your transcript.

Depends on how many other Ws you have on your transcript.

I have quite a few unfortunately. I spoke with an admissions counselor who told me not to worry too much about them, but of course that was probably because those Ws are from my undergrad which was 6+ years ago when I was young and dumb haha. And the upward trend was a lot better. 3.4 GPA in undergrad, 3.7 GPA in my MBA with no dropped classes, etc. Not sure how a W would look now though. I think I'm just going to stick it out and see what happens...I can't always avoid tough teachers