The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tumblr_nmtpdutoLm1qzx92wo1_500.jpg

WHY IS THIS ****E SO HARD TO FIND?! The sweet taste of root beer without the yeast and weird aftertaste of beer. More like a vodka kick.
And this competitor's brew is no competiton. Too yeasty for my taste. Also what the heck does fire-brew even mean?
sprecherHardRootBeerHeader.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Also anytime I drink anything more than a smirnoff ice my face gets warm and I get the alcohol sweats.

Also anytime I drink anything more than a smirnoff ice my face gets warm and I get the alcohol sweats.
Just wanted to let you know I made a huge pitcher of vodka lemon shake-ups while visiting friends in CA who have a lemon tree in their backyard. It was life changing.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

WHY IS THIS ****E SO HARD TO FIND?! The sweet taste of root beer without the yeast and weird aftertaste of beer. More like a vodka kick.
And this competitor's brew is no competiton. Too yeasty for my taste. Also what the heck does fire-brew even mean?
THAT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!

My personal go-to is diet coke and vanilla vodka. Because I am addicted to vanilla Coke zero. I wish they'd bottle that up (vodka and everything).

That looks delicious! Does regular root beer + vodka taste at all the same?

That looks delicious! Does regular root beer + vodka taste at all the same?
I haven't tried it. I've had cake vodka in root beer, but that was way too sweet for me. I need to get some straight vodka up in here.

Just wanted to let you know I made a huge pitcher of vodka lemon shake-ups while visiting friends in CA who have a lemon tree in their backyard. It was life changing.
Only downside is when you make a pitcher and become the only person who will drink :cryi:

Where is the downside? I'm not seeing it.
I'm a bit of a lightweight. And leaving a pitcher of vodka lemon shakeups in the fridge overnight is a good way to water down your alcohol.

I'm a bit of a lightweight. And leaving a pitcher of vodka lemon shakeups in the fridge overnight is a good way to water down your alcohol.
Yes! Diluted cocktails are the worst. I left it out of the pitcher and poured them over ice. And I am definitely ok with having a pitcher to myself!

My boyfriend loves the Root Sellers Row Hard Root Beer, but it's a Missouri brand, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to find elsewhere. It has too much of a beer aftertaste for me, but I can't stand the taste of beer at all. Boyfriend isn't a big fan of beer and he told me it just tasted like root beer with a kick, so YMMV. We tried making root beer floats with it, but it turned out kind of gross and disappointing. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend loves the Root Sellers Row Hard Root Beer, but it's a Missouri brand, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to find elsewhere. It has too much of a beer aftertaste for me, but I can't stand the taste of beer at all. Boyfriend isn't a big fan of beer and he told me it just tasted like root beer with a kick, so YMMV. We tried making root beer floats with it, but it turned out kind of gross and disappointing. :(
Rookie mistake, should have made a true beer float instead. The darker the beer the better. Yeah some of it gets meh, but don't have that bleh foamy part.

image.jpg
I have a hangover for the first time in years. It's not a major one, but I clearly don't handle them as well as I used to. I'm also making mojito cupcakes right now. If the finished cupcakes tastes half as good as the batter, they will be a huge success.

Last edited:
View attachment 194157 I have a hangover for the first time in years. It's not a major one, but I clearly don't handle them as well as I used to. I'm also making mojito cupcakes right now. If the finished cupcakes tastes half as good as the batter, they will be a huge success.
Hmm, all of a sudden I am getting the urge to head over to penn right now... :p

Gonna have to find this!!! I LOVE root beer!!!

View attachment 194157 I have a hangover for the first time in years. It's not a major one, but I clearly don't handle them as well as I used to. I'm also making mojito cupcakes right now. If the finished cupcakes tastes half as good as the batter, they will be a huge success.

Somehow missed this earlier, but I so want one!

I found some of this last night, brought it home, and it was strangely absent in the morning. Absolutely delicious.

So totes posting here for the first time. Lol

Best breakfast ever after a night of heavy drinking. :love:. Those lofthouse sugar cookies with the diabetes inducing frosting

This is a thing oh my god oh my god

Once I was really slammed and I brought a stray cat into the party. Everyone kept telling me to let her go but apparently I was crying lmao

This is a thing oh my god oh my god

Once I was really slammed and I brought a stray cat into the party. Everyone kept telling me to let her go but apparently I was crying lmao

Sounds like something I would do too. #pre-vet

Went out for mexican food last night to celebrate a friend getting into med school then went home and made drinks // played cards against humanity. Today the hangover is very real.

If you do mixed drinks, try drinking your booze with Gatorade. I roll with vodka and Gatorade, drink a glass of water every few drinks, and no hangover ever, even if I reach my "top drunk" level.

If you do mixed drinks, try drinking your booze with Gatorade. I roll with vodka and Gatorade, drink a glass of water every few drinks, and no hangover ever, even if I reach my "top drunk" level.
Lol my sister is intense and instead of Gatorade she constantly has pedialyte in her fridge :laugh: She drinks it with alcohol and morning after etc. Works really well actually because it obviously has an even higher amount of electrolytes/nutrients even though it tastes a bit odd it's not bad hahaha

SOOOOO last Saturday I did the usual thing I do and mixed strawberry lemonade vodka and Berry Hawaiian Punch. It's a delicious combination if you mix it right! Well, I didn't really eat before downing two cups of it. It hit me like a truck when it normally wouldn't have. Thank god I have amazing friends because I woke up tucked into bed with the worst hangover I have ever experienced. Two morals: strawberry lemonade vodka and red punch is a good, fast mixed drink, and always always always carb up before drinking.

Lol my sister is intense and instead of Gatorade she constantly has pedialyte in her fridge :laugh: She drinks it with alcohol and morning after etc. Works really well actually because it obviously has an even higher amount of electrolytes/nutrients even though it tastes a bit odd it's not bad hahaha
Pedialyte is how I survived drinking in the Marine Corps. I was very sad to find out no one knew about drinking it when I got to college.

I'm just a little drunk right now eating tacos and I just wanted to say I appreciate the overwhelming sense of community here! Thanks to all the vets and vet students that are so supportive and helpful here ❤️

Reactions: 8 users
Drunk on my last day of Christmas break!!! Been drunk 3 times this week. Time to be an RD again tomorrow at 5.

Reactions: 2 users
For some reason lately, my mind has been playing the Mortal Kombat "Round #, Fight!" in my head as I grab my next drink. Really random but makes me laugh so why not. :eyebrow:

I made a very spiced apple cider a few days ago and the second glass was worthy of "Round 2, Fight!" (1/2 glass spiced apple beer, a little bit of unfiltered apple juice, and fill the rest with apple pie moonshine). Make sure you have Pedialyte around haha.

And by the way... You've moved to the pros if you know of and use Pedialyte.

I'm driving under the influence (not a vehicle).

I'd forgotten about this thread....

$2 mystery bottles and trivia, wooooh! I contributed my expansive knowledge of Bloodhound Gang, Trent Reznor and the term "gelding."

Entirely too drunk right now. Much more drunk than is reasonable. Drunk.

I'm also pretty sure I've necrobumped like four threads tonight. Blame me tomorrow when I'm sober.

Reactions: 5 users
Entirely too drunk right now. Much more drunk than is reasonable. Drunk.

I'm also pretty sure I've necrobumped like four threads tonight. Blame me tomorrow when I'm sober.
I wish I could like this. Drunk me likes this! Sober me will be sad and disappointed tomorrow. Sucks for her/me. Stick around tomorrow for the sad sober updates.

Reactions: 4 users