The Watering Hole (social)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was hoping I could post on here this coming weekend. Alas, I forgot I volunteered to be on call for another building until the 5th. Please, keep the stories coming!

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Glad I'm not the only one on here who met their SO while drunk. Although I don't think I was quite that amusing, if memory serves me right. We were at a mutual friend's birthday party, it was only the second time I'd ever been drunk, and we spent about half the night talking and dancing together. Then I asked him to walk me home, and we realized we lived in the same apartment building! He ended up spending the night at my place even though he's horribly allergic to my cat, and then in the morning we watched Spongebob while hungover. Four days later we went on our first date, and over 3.5 years later we're still going strong!

Similar to how I met my SO! We started dating 6 years ago and now we're married, so don't let anyone tell you you can't find true love while drunk

Reactions: 1 user
Boone's Farm: wine cooler in a wine bottle and oops it's almost halfway gone already

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any more wine in the house. (We have Guinness, but yuck.) Sadness.

I was told to figure out what to order with leftover money in an FSA and immediately got a drink. This is painful. :dead:

(also, @PrincessButterCup, I watched The Princess Bride after mentioning it earlier... and learned from IMDB that PBC and Claire Underwood from House of Cards are the same actress. Blew. my. mind).

Really I bought it because it was $5. I finished the bottle and I guess I'm still sober enough to type here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't mean any offense by it! Just have semi fond memories of that , and some MD 20/20

You know how easy I trigger, Teep.

Now MD 20/20 is the real teenage drink. I remember my friends trying to get me to try that one.

All of my bf's I've met while drunk (except current...sort of). The one was actually dressed as a frog and had his hair dyed green the night we met...
If you're friends with me on FB and look at who I'm in a relationship with... he's in a freaking dinosaur onsie in his profile picture lol

Our favourite bottle shop is closing. :(

...and selling all their beer at 50% off. :heckyeah:

76UhfnH.jpg

(this is actually really not my favourite but 10% makes me excited about life anyway)

edit: booze-y fantastic mr. fox watching has commenced. :D alcohol, man.

Last edited:
booze-y fantastic mr. fox watching has commenced. :D
I've played the Santa hat drinking game with Fantastic Mr. Fox before! It worked out pretty well.
Christmas-Drinking-Game.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Because it needed to happen. As promised. I am in a cage at SpeeGee in north myrtle. Tell me your drunk stories.

Hahahaaa of course this started in a cage at the speege. Not surprised at all & loving it.

I'm hanging with Sangria tonight. Glad to see others in good company, too

Guys guys I think I win the beer bottle "competition"! :p

D1pGII0.jpg

Booze and Finding Dory is a good idea, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
WTF do you find these? And what type of beer is it? I'm intrigued.
It's an imperial farmhouse ale and was actually pretty good! Kind of tart.

And the brewery is from NC so I found it at one of our local bottle shops. Couldn't resist as soon as I saw the label.

Our favourite bottle shop is closing. :(

...and selling all their beer at 50% off. :heckyeah:

76UhfnH.jpg

(this is actually really not my favourite but 10% makes me excited about life anyway)

edit: booze-y fantastic mr. fox watching has commenced. :D alcohol, man.
:laugh: half off beer makes a loss go down easy

Salted Nut Roll Shots. dangerously tasty. RumChata, Butterscotch schnapps and a little sprinkle of salt.

Also, my friend and I made mango peach sangria yesterday.
And we played flip cup.
And I made jello shots.
I was just a little drunk yesterday. Or possibly extremely drunk.

Reactions: 3 users
Salted Nut Roll Shots. dangerously tasty. RumChata, Butterscotch schnapps and a little sprinkle of salt.

Also, my friend and I made mango peach sangria yesterday.
And we played flip cup.
And I made jello shots.
I was just a little drunk yesterday. Or possibly extremely drunk.
Saving this bye. @Romoret you in?

Just wanted to say that I was so spoiled turning 21 in Missouri, where you can buy beer, wine and liquor all over the place -- grocery stores, gas stations, Walmart, etc. Here in Kansas grocery and convenience stores can only sell 3.2% beer, anything else you have to go to a liquor store. :rolleyes: I grew up in Oklahoma, which has similarly strict liquor laws, but we moved to Missouri when I was 18. It's already annoying having to make a special trip just to buy a bottle of wine. :p

Just wanted to say that I was so spoiled turning 21 in Missouri, where you can buy beer, wine and liquor all over the place -- grocery stores, gas stations, Walmart, etc. Here in Kansas grocery and convenience stores can only sell 3.2% beer, anything else you have to go to a liquor store. :rolleyes: I grew up in Oklahoma, which has similarly strict liquor laws, but we moved to Missouri when I was 18. It's already annoying having to make a special trip just to buy a bottle of wine. :p
Come to PA, the state with some of the strictest liquor laws. Buying alcohol at a convenience store is totally foreign to me.

Come to PA, the state with some of the strictest liquor laws. Buying alcohol at a convenience store is totally foreign to me.
Can convenience stores not even sell low-point beer there??

Can convenience stores not even sell low-point beer there??
Nope! Wine and liquor can only be purchased from a liquor store (or vineyard) and beer can only be purchased from a beer distributor. Some restaurants, bars and grocery stores can sell beer too, but you can only buy a certain volume at a time, I think the equivalent of 2 six packs. The grocery stores that sell beer have a separate check out for it too, you can't buy it through the regular check out.

And here I thought IN was archaic with their liquor laws. Progress has been made where you can buy beer from distilleries on Sunday's now.

Nope! Wine and liquor can only be purchased from a liquor store (or vineyard) and beer can only be purchased from a beer distributor. Some restaurants, bars and grocery stores can sell beer too, but you can only buy a certain volume at a time, I think the equivalent of 2 six packs. The grocery stores that sell beer have a separate check out for it too, you can't buy it through the regular check out.
Weird! Although tbh even after 6 years living in Missouri, I still found it kinda weird that you could buy vodka and such at Kum & Go.

Alright since all my Pre-Vet Club Co-Officers got involved in this I had better tell it. During my first semester sophomore year I was going through a bit of a rough patch and not caring to much about classes so one random Thursday night I found out there was a party and naturally I would be attending. Only had Everclear to drink and the last thing I remember from that night was holding two beers in my hand at a bar,dancing with a girl, and then getting my butt kicked in a game of pool. Woke up the next afternoon at 1:30 on my couch with a gash in the back of my head, missing my phone (a nice citizen found it by a campus building that morning and returned it to my Co-officers), and I found out that I had missed a test. Still haven't lived that one down. They all think I am an alcoholic now, which is only partially true.

Alright since all my Pre-Vet Club Co-Officers got involved in this I had better tell it. During my first semester sophomore year I was going through a bit of a rough patch and not caring to much about classes so one random Thursday night I found out there was a party and naturally I would be attending. Only had Everclear to drink and the last thing I remember from that night was holding two beers in my hand at a bar,dancing with a girl, and then getting my butt kicked in a game of pool. Woke up the next afternoon at 1:30 on my couch with a gash in the back of my head, missing my phone (a nice citizen found it by a campus building that morning and returned it to my Co-officers), and I found out that I had missed a test. Still haven't lived that one down. They all think I am an alcoholic now, which is only partially true.

duff party mobile.png

I am drunk. And I feel like I need to reveal my thoughts. If vet schools don't want me, whatever. That's cool. Oxford wants me to do Biomedical research with them. And that's super cool

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users