Dumb question about class schedules and when to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JenniferinFL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking summer and fall classes to finish up my AA and then I have to transfer into a bachelor degree program starting with the spring semester.
As of spring, I will still need
Chem I & 2
Org Chem 1&2
Bio 1 & 2
Physics 2
Calc 1

*Ugh, that sounds like a lot when it's all typed out*

Of course, the pain in the rear is that organic chemistry has to be taken after chem 1 and 2.
It sounds like no matter what I'm going to have a long wait with little to do..
Any better ideas for grouping those to get them done in less time?
When's the soonest I could be applying to pharm schools? I had thought you could only apply once all the pre-reqs were met, but, it looks like everyone else applies a lot earlier.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking summer and fall classes to finish up my AA and then I have to transfer into a bachelor degree program starting with the spring semester.
As of spring, I will still need
Chem I & 2
Org Chem 1&2
Bio 1 & 2
Physics 2
Calc 1

*Ugh, that sounds like a lot when it's all typed out*

Of course, the pain in the rear is that organic chemistry has to be taken after chem 1 and 2.
It sounds like no matter what I'm going to have a long wait with little to do..
Any better ideas for grouping those to get them done in less time?
When's the soonest I could be applying to pharm schools? I had thought you could only apply once all the pre-reqs were met, but, it looks like everyone else applies a lot earlier.

Yeah, you apply to the school year after you plan to have all your classes finished. So if you plan to be done Spring 2013 (which I think will be your case) you apply for Fall 2013 while you are still taking those classes. Make sense? Your admission is dependant on finishing those classes.

I hate to say this, but you may benefit from talking with a councelor.

I heard Organic Chem is kind of basic on the PCAT. You can try self teach yourself while preparing for the test and have organic chem classes taken while applying to the schools. It's quite bit of a challenge though.