During the actual MCAT, can you use the Command +/- to adjust the screen font?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDriftAway

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard many people complain that the actual CARS seems longer (but only because the font is really big) so they end up scrolling a lot. Are you able to use the CMD +/- buttons to adjust for this? If not, I'm wondering if it would be in our best interest to enlarge the font when taking practice exams.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I recall CARS not being in a web browser for me, so unfortunately not. Generally, the platform for the real test isn't very good, though a step above paper+pencil.

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard many people complain that the actual CARS seems longer (but only because the font is really big) so they end up scrolling a lot. Are you able to use the CMD +/- buttons to adjust for this? If not, I'm wondering if it would be in our best interest to enlarge the font when taking practice exams.
I actually like it to be large. I get questions wrong when the font is too small.

So that you are prepared for anything...

During my exam, the font was incredibly small (i.e. the readings + questions only took up ~half the screen). Luckily, the highest score I've ever received in life had to do with my vision: 20/20.

I was not aware of the command +/- trick. But in line with my friend @sleepyhead22, I didn't want to touch anything other than the mouse, out of fear that the computer would melt.

Reactions: 1 user
AFAIK (test date in 2017) there is no way to adjust the screen while testing. no search functions, window resizing, etc...