DVT Prophylaxis Chest Guidelines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgrlnxdor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so on 4th year rotations and the resident is asking me to locate a chart from CHEST that lists DVT Prophylaxis recommendations.....not find them in the guidelines but find a chart. I have spent the last two hours combing through the breadth of the guidelines and no magical chart that I can see. I am literally ready to pull out my hair. I have reviewed class notes to see if the chart was listed in there...I have googled ACCP DVT prophylaxis chart and searched the images that came up.....nothing. I know what the recommended therapy is but she wants me to find this chart. Between yesterday and today I have spent easily three hours hunting down a chart I am starting to doubt the existence of .... anyone out there know if I am wrong and can point me in the right direction? I never have difficulty finding information so this issue is starting to make me loco.

Members don't see this ad.

I have them in my documents at work. I can email them to you in around 5 hours. Does that work?

uptodate.com usually has some pretty useful charts

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yes please.....I sure would appreciate it. I will post my email address in a PM to you. Thank you so much. I am beside myself at this point.

Beacon:Nope the uptodate.com chart was not requested the chart out of the Chest guidelines was requested. She has repeated herself several times so...

Try pharmacist letter for charts as well (if you have access)