Dyachei's Anesthesia Class WW - Back to Basics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alright, I'll give it a try, just don't lynch me for being stupid! ;)

1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia
21. Rojo
22. devyn
23. orca
24. SOV
25. Jilary
It's actually a damn-near tradition to lynch newbies outright on the first day or two of play. So don't be surprised if that happens. It weeds out the weak and sensitive.
Fight+Club+porchII.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia
21. Rojo
22. devyn
23. orca
24. SOV
25. Jilary
26. Zensing

I will be flying all day tomorrow. Probably won't get to check in until late, so none of this "SOV is playing differently" let's lynch him nonsense.

I will put in a contingency if I get my role.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, thank God for the weekend. Slay my homework, cat Zorro!

funny-animal-gifs-best-gif-ever.gif

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW it's not your fault that I'm grumpy. my tech asked me today to give his gf's kitten free radiographs because they caught him panting this week. When I told him no, because the cat is not his, he told me that her pets are in fact his pets. Despite them not living together and having broken up twice since his employment in May. When I told him no again, he continued to argue until I made it clear that it wasn't happening. And then he started sulking, wouldn't make eye contact, and then started playing angry music via pandora.

Just join. Bring a thick skin and don't take the arguments seriously. Or if you get lynched early. It's all in good-natured fun.

Except when DVMD and I get going. But you can just sit on the sidelines and watch that ping-pong ball.

We haven't had a good argument in a long time. I think we are both just too busy now. Sadness, ww never used to be ww without a good spat between us.

FWIW it's not your fault that I'm grumpy. my tech asked me today to give his gf's kitten free radiographs because they caught him panting this week. When I told him no, because the cat is not his, he told me that her pets are in fact his pets. Despite them not living together and having broken up twice since his employment in May. When I told him no again, he continued to argue until I made it clear that it wasn't happening. And then he started sulking, wouldn't make eye contact, and then started playing angry music via pandora.
This guy
url-17.gif

Don't forget shoes! haha regardless, if I'm going to take time away from studying I would prefer the usual topics (sex, videogames, ebola...) :laugh:
That sounds like a bad combination. Or the next survival horror game. Hmm...

Reactions: 1 users
I wrote him up for this one. Since earlier in the week he asked me to get him antibiotics for her dog's eye. And I told him no then, too. And got similar behavior. Just waiting til end of day to discuss with him since I don't want poor behavior for the rest of the day

That's a tough situation to be in. I understand both why he would be upset and why you would say no and can't think of a single good way to resolve it.

I wrote him up for this one. Since earlier in the week he asked me to get him antibiotics for her dog's eye. And I told him no then, too. And got similar behavior. Just waiting til end of day to discuss with him since I don't want poor behavior for the rest of the day
Just because you work at a vet doesn't mean you get free veterinary service. It's not like I got free surgery and X-rays for working in a hospital lol

I felt bad getting free stuff from work, and I actually do own the pets I needed the stuff for...and one of them I adopted from that clinic lol I don't understand how someone could be so entitled.

http://www.intarnet.us/graphics/gif/calling_bull****.gif

Just because you work at a vet doesn't mean you get free veterinary service. It's not like I got free surgery and X-rays for working in a hospital lol
Depends on the clinic and how long you've been working there. The head techs where I worked pretty much got free care for their pets, but they've been working there for 7 and 8 years. And then, their dogs also were the go-to blood donors, so I guess they paid for it, in a way.

That's a tough situation to be in. I understand both why he would be upset and why you would say no and can't think of a single good way to resolve it.
I felt bad getting free stuff from work, and I actually do own the pets I needed the stuff for...and one of them I adopted from that clinic lol I don't understand how someone could be so entitled.
We give free office visits and 25% discount to employee pets. However, employee doesn't mean that the girl you are currently dating has pets that count. It would be different if they were living together, engaged, or married. they are not. He doesn't see the animals on a daily basis. The last time they broke up was less than 2 months ago.

She would have to pay for an office visit for me to look at the eye and give meds. She would also have to pay for the rads and the office visit for the cat. We've given her discounts in the past. But we really can't do that. He tries for every one of his friends. He has also tried to double discount for her.

We're a new clinic so we can't do this or we lose money.

I don't see any reason for him to be upset other than he is trying to get free services and getting pissed when he doesn't get his way. Being a spoiled brat that wants things for free isn't a legitimate reason to be upset.

I don't see any reason for him to be upset other than he is trying to get free services and getting pissed when he doesn't get his way. Being a spoiled brat that wants things for free isn't a legitimate reason to be upset.
But I can see how a person might feel that it isn't costing dyachei anything to get him the x-ray. He's not correct, of course, but in his mind he'll always think he's in the right.

We give free office visits and 25% discount to employee pets. However, employee doesn't mean that the girl you are currently dating has pets that count. It would be different if they were living together, engaged, or married. they are not. He doesn't see the animals on a daily basis. The last time they broke up was less than 2 months ago.

She would have to pay for an office visit for me to look at the eye and give meds. She would also have to pay for the rads and the office visit for the cat. We've given her discounts in the past. But we really can't do that. He tries for every one of his friends. He has also tried to double discount for her.

We're a new clinic so we can't do this or we lose money.
You're totally doing things the right way- if you offer free services for ex-girlfriends, next thing you know you're covering friends of friends, third cousins, and some random dude he met on the way to work.

But I can see how a person might feel that it isn't costing dyachei anything to get him the x-ray. He's not correct, of course, but in his mind he'll always think he's in the right.

He works there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it isn't free to the clinic to snap an xray. Then again, this guy might just be dumb enough to not recognize that. It sill doesn't give him the right to act like a spoiled brat, pout around and act in the way he did after dyachei said no.

You're totally doing things the right way- if you offer free services for ex-girlfriends, next thing you know you're covering friends of friends, third cousins, and some random dude he met on the way to work.
"This guy sold me a genuine Rolex watch from his trench coat, can we do a steroid injection for his talented pet monkey for free?? Poor thing hasn't been to the vet in ages but he has really bad skin allergies..."

Reactions: 2 users
He works there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it isn't free to the clinic to snap an xray. Then again, this guy might just be dumb enough to not recognize that. It sill doesn't give him the right to act like a spoiled brat, pout around and act in the way he did after dyachei said no.
Obviously this kid is being an entitled brat. I'm just looking at it from his perspective to try and find a solution that will keep him around as a not miserable employee, and given his likely thought process, I can't find one. Getting in the head of your less-than-ideal employees is a big part of people wrangling, which is really only a couple steps above cat herding.

Reactions: 1 users
Getting in the head of your less-than-ideal employees is a big part of people wrangling, which is really only a couple steps above cat herding.

:laugh:

I would think cat herding is easier than herding some people... But now I have a mental image of someone trying to herd a group of 50 cats and well.. the cats are definitely winning...

Reactions: 2 users