Dyachei's Anesthesia Class WW - Back to Basics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Obviously this kid is being an entitled brat. I'm just looking at it from his perspective to try and find a solution that will keep him around as a not miserable employee, and given his likely thought process, I can't find one. Getting in the head of your less-than-ideal employees is a big part of people wrangling, which is really only a couple steps above cat herding.
there are multiple problems with this employee. Not the least of which is his attitude towards me. He feels entitled to speak to me in unprofessional tones and argue with me. He has tried "bossing me around". He doesn't follow directions. Likely because he interrupts me, walks away while I'm talking to him, or texts on his cell while I try to speak with him. He answers the phone and takes calls intended for me or the office manager and doesn't take messages or tell us that they have called. He is chronically and consistently late. He wants more hours so doesn't take lunches despite being told to. He dispenses medical advice to clients (usually wrong info).

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't played WW practically since starting vet school - but I'm on a free block now with nothing to do so I'm ready to get back into it!

1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia
21. Rojo
22. devyn
23. orca
24. SOV
25. Jilary
26. Zensing
27. Krist

Reactions: 1 user
there are multiple problems with this employee. Not the least of which is his attitude towards me. He feels entitled to speak to me in unprofessional tones and argue with me. He has tried "bossing me around". He doesn't follow directions. Likely because he interrupts me, walks away while I'm talking to him, or texts on his cell while I try to speak with him. He answers the phone and takes calls intended for me or the office manager and doesn't take messages or tell us that they have called. He is chronically and consistently late. He wants more hours so doesn't take lunches despite being told to. He dispenses medical advice to clients (usually wrong info).
don't mean to be a jerk, but why is he still employed with you?

Bad behavior like that can become contagious. Gotta get rid of toxic people early IMO.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't played WW practically since starting vet school - but I'm on a free block now with nothing to do so I'm ready to get back into it!

1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia
21. Rojo
22. devyn
23. orca
24. SOV
25. Jilary
26. Zensing
27. Krist
OMFG!

Krist?

Krist is alive.

tumblr_inline_nbqwia9uHj1rwoarm.gif

fired-anim.gif

^mfw

Reactions: 1 users
don't mean to be a jerk, but why is he still employed with you?

Bad behavior like that can become contagious. Gotta get rid of toxic people early IMO.
Well, the issue is that the office manager doens't agree that he's not coachable. And he is very respectful of the office manager. So I've been saying for over a month we need to get rid of him. We've done a performance review and now a formal write up as of today. He gets one more write up. and if his performance has not improved by January, he's ok to fire.

We have a tech like that. She treats every Dr like crap, except the practice owner. When any of the other Dr's need help, the bitch disappears. She's the laziest POS ever, but the practice owner likes her... so she stays. She even declared she will no longer work holidays, weekends or evenings, so basically she's useless.

That's a tough situation to be in. I understand both why he would be upset and why you would say no and can't think of a single good way to resolve it.

I can't say I really understand him being rationally upset.

He's an EMPLOYEE. He's asking his EMPLOYER - who happens to own the clinic - to give him free things so that he can give them to someone else.

That's just plain ludicrous.

And even if you had the balls to ask for it, you sure as hell shouldn't be upset when the owner says "Um, no, I'm trying to stay in business, not hand out free things to anyone who happens to know one of my employees." At that point you just say "Ok, it's her **** that she owns and she doesn't want to give it away free" and sit your ass down. You definitely don't argue about it.

Well, the issue is that the office manager doens't agree that he's not coachable. And he is very respectful of the office manager. So I've been saying for over a month we need to get rid of him. We've done a performance review and now a formal write up as of today. He gets one more write up. and if his performance has not improved by January, he's ok to fire.

This is like hockey; you need an enforcer. I'll be available in April. :)

1. LIS
2. BI
3. HTML
4. WZ
5. DVMD
6. MJ
7. STL
8. Tp
9. OG
10. vetash
11. Allie
12. Rogert
13. OneGrainOfSand
14. FrozenShades
15. Willow
16. swings
17. conflagration
18. FFM
19. Gwen
20. Cyndia
21. Rojo
22. devyn
23. orca
24. SOV
25. Jilary
26. Zensing
27. Krist
Roles to go out shortly. This will be the game thread as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Class is starting and the group gathers nervously around their first surgeries. Beyond anything else, they do not want to lose their patients. Lurking amongst them, however, are the students who don't care. The nefarious few. Please pick 1 person to be the teacher's pet. You may communicate amongst your groups.

Cat Neuter
1. @LetItSnow
2. @brightimpressio
3. @lhmhtd
4. @WildZoo
5. @DVMDream
6. @Mad Jack

Cat Spay
7. @SummerTheLynx
8. @touchpause13
9. @O Grady
10. @VetAshley2117
11. @allieh8607

Dog Neuter
12. @Rogert
13. @OneGrainOfSand
14. @Frozenshades
15. @WillowLeaf
16. @swingnsave
17. @Conflagration

Dog Spay
18. @Flim Flam Man
19. @Gwenevre
20. @Cyndia
21. @thedrjojo
22. @devyn

Splenectomy
23. @orca2011
24. @StartingoverVet
25. @Jilary
26. @Zensing
27. @krist

Mayor vote deadline is at 9 am EDT tomorrow morning.

Hello, Dog Neuter Group!

I'm going to decide who in a little bit. :)

Elect TP

Hello friend! It was cool to see you last game in convo. :D

I have not had a milkshake in forever, I think I will elect DVMD

Some say the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Most men would agree that it's a little further south....
I was more referring to the propensity that milkshakes have for bringing boys to the yard

I don't think you've ever seen a picture of me, but trust me: I don't need a milkshake
Nonsense. Everyone needs a milkshake.

And now I'm going to go have some Talenti, because that's the closest I can get to a milkshake right now.

I don't think you've ever seen a picture of me, but trust me: I don't need a milkshake

Neither do I, but damn they are good.

I would have to say... I love food, especially food that is REALLY bad for you.... like milkshakes.. they are good for the soul though.. ;)

What are you talking about, we were awesome(ly horrible) at WW.

YOU are calling it brutal? Have you forgotten who it was who was lying?
It was hard for me too :p I was really emotionally invested in that game for no good reason, and figured you'd never forgive me.