General Admissions & OTCAS E-mailing schools for updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mull015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else e-mailed schools checking on your application? I just e-mailed Rush, Midwestern (IL), University of New England, and Thomas Jefferson to check and see what my status is and when I might hear a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone wording these emails? I don't want to irritate the committees, but I don't want to seem irresponsible either and not contact them.

Anyone hear anything yet from Temple or VCU?

When I emailed Midwester (AZ) I just simply asked what their process for notification was as I was hearing mixed information. I didn't necessarily ask about my application. The person who responded was just nice enough to check on my app and let me know. I recieved an official letter about 3 weeks later letting me know the information I already knew, that I had been waitlisted for an interview. I've decided that I will wait until about a month after the application deadline before I email again asking what the process is for being waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
How is everyone wording these emails? I don't want to irritate the committees, but I don't want to seem irresponsible either and not contact them.

Anyone hear anything yet from Temple or VCU?

I just stated my full name and any ID number they had given me and said that I had heard from them a month ago that my application was complete and that I wanted to check on my status.

But I was also e-mailing them to let them know that I accepted a new job as an occupational therapy aid and wanted to make sure that was included with my application for consideration. I heard back from Midwestern (IL) and the lady was super nice and helpful and she actually thanked me for my e-mail!

I just stated my full name and any ID number they had given me and said that I had heard from them a month ago that my application was complete and that I wanted to check on my status.

But I was also e-mailing them to let them know that I accepted a new job as an occupational therapy aid and wanted to make sure that was included with my application for consideration. I heard back from Midwestern (IL) and the lady was super nice and helpful and she actually thanked me for my e-mail!
When did you submit your application to Midwestern, IL?

When did you submit your application to Midwestern, IL?

I submitted my application in September and it was verified on October 17th and then I recieved an e-mail from them that my application was complete. From other threads I've kind of gotten that people who submitted in August have been hearing back about interviews so I e-mailed to see if mine was even under review yet or if they had wait listed me for an interview and the lady told me that mine is under review right now and that they will let me know as soon as they make a decision. She also updated my file to reflect my new job, so if you have any new updates I'd make sure to e-mail them so that they can consider that when looking at your application!

Yeah, they told me that mine is under review also and mine was completed around Oct. 10th.

Yeah, they told me that mine is under review also and mine was completed around Oct. 10th.

well let me know when you hear from them since you should probably be hearing before me! Good luck!! Maybe we'll interview on the same date!