Ear Piercings During Interview (girls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Yap

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• c6ec85fe4fcfe4e7f29153b8c843cd94.jpg
    c6ec85fe4fcfe4e7f29153b8c843cd94.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
At the interview, always stick to the safe side and don't try to stand out in the way you dress. Remember, these are all mostly conservative 40-50 year olds evaluating your application and you never know if it rubs someone the wrong way. Most likely, you can wear that and no one even mentions it. But it may be a distraction if someone isn't used to seeing 4 earrings. So why risk it?

Imo, that doesn't seem to be a problem. If you were to have gauges or big hoop earrings then I think it might be an issue. But those 2 small piercings really aren't anything crazy.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the second poster; it's best to stay on the safe side and wait until after the interviews to get your ears pierced a second time. Just be patient :)

I have both of my earlobes pierced once, but I would really like to get each lobe double pierced like in this picture. If I did that now, though, I likely wouldn't have the piercings long enough to be able to take them out during interviews. Do you think this would be an issue to interviewers? I would wear similar earrings to those in the picture. Would this be conservative enough? I don't have any other piercings.

Thanks for the input!!View attachment 195426
Not a problem

-

Last edited:
Double piercing is fine! I had them since I was eight and just wear fine jewelry rather than large standing out jewelry.
I always wear earrings and I've never had a problem. It's not like your face is pierced or tongue! It's very subtle.

Just keep in mind, like other posters have said, many people you will be interviewing with will be older, more conservative and don't view multiple piercings as appropriate in a professional setting. I would say, give it a year, if you still want the double, do it then, but get through interview season first and then reconsider. You are not 8, it is not "fine" to the people with whom you will be interviewing with and frankly, hold the rest of your life in their hands with a yes or no for dental school.

I don't find double piercings attractive at all :cryi: Just my two cents though

-

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks. Because some stranger on a dental forum does not find double piercings attractive at all, I will completely rethink my decision!
Thanks.. I knew it was worth posting. :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks. Because some stranger on a dental forum does not find double piercings attractive at all, I will completely rethink my decision!

I actually find that to be sizzling hot. Like fried chicken hot...

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't you just get the piercing and take them out for the day? Or even just wear your hair down? Coming from a guy, I wouldn't even notice that you had 2 piercings in the same ear, especially if you are pleasant to talk with. GET THEM PIERCED

Reactions: 2 users
Personally I don't have anything against double piercings but be aware that at our school, when students are in the clinic seeing patients women are not allowed to have more than one earring per ear; and no visible tattoos. So you might want to see if that policy is in effect at the schools you are considering.

Reactions: 1 users
Wait... I have way more than just a double piercing. I'm talking I have 11 piercings on my ears. But I never wear my lobe piercings, just the cartilages... Do the adcoms even look at ears? That's weird to me.

...Seriously? Welcome to the professional world

Wait... I have way more than just a double piercing. I'm talking I have 11 piercings on my ears. But I never wear my lobe piercings, just the cartilages... Do the adcoms even look at ears? That's weird to me. Haha but also my hair will be down so I'm not worried.

Personally, I think a double ear piercing is very minimal and it's America.. I feel like a bunch of girls have multiple ear piercings? Or maybe I just grew up in an area where it is very common to get all sorts of ear piercings.. Hmmm...

Go with your gut. :)
I agree! My nose is pierced and the possibility of taking that out for my interviews never even occurred to me. Granted, it's a very small piercing that takes most people a few months to notice is there, but still...

The point of the interview is for them to get to know you. So let them. :)

I agree! My nose is pierced and the possibility of taking that out for my interviews never even occurred to me. Granted, it's a very small piercing that takes most people a few months to notice is there, but still...

Just one more spot open for someone else....

The point of interview is to convince them that they really like you, you confuse it with the first date;)

Those are barely noticeable, OP

Hello,

I just got a cartilage piercing over the summer and I can't remove it since it hasn't healed. Do you think it would be a problem for interviews. It's a small zirconia stud. Nothing flashy or crazy?

Double piercings are not considered unprofessional at all as long as the piercings aren't huge. Cartilage and doubles are fine as long as they're tiny. I would never wear hoops or spacers or an industrial to an interview though. I think as long as you keep it classy, it's okay. Depending on how you wear your hair, they may not even really show. :)