Early Stages of Opening an Independent Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MtnrDrugInc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Need some quick advice from the pros out there who have already opened independent pharmacies. I am remodeling a building for my pharmacy and need some help on the interior. Specifically, where should I look to purchase pharmacy bay shelving, wall shelving, and gondolas for OTC merchandise. I've been doing searches online but its a bit overwhelming. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Need some quick advice from the pros out there who have already opened independent pharmacies. I am remodeling a building for my pharmacy and need some help on the interior. Specifically, where should I look to purchase pharmacy bay shelving, wall shelving, and gondolas for OTC merchandise. I've been doing searches online but its a bit overwhelming. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Save your money and look in unexpected places. We just got rid of our old tired metal gondolas and put in some wood shelving from IKEA. Very cheap and way more stylish. Your wholesaler should be able to provide you with signage and shelf tags.

I was curious what model shelving did you use from IKEA for you gondolas? Also has anyone used IKEA shelving for their pharmacy shelves?

craigs list for larger chain stores that are moving locations are remodeling are best bet.