Easiest class to hardest class in undergrad!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goft20

Do Right and Kill Everything
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Easiest: bio 1 (got a 100on every test including final) :)
Hardest: ochem 1 (first B) :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Easiest - Wind Ensemble
Hardest - Instrumental Conducting

Members don't see this ad :)
Easiest for me: Sciences and math. (I'm naturally good at science and math.)

Hardest for me: A sight-reading singing class (Under my circumstances, I didn't read music like the rest of the class at the beginning of the semester and had to learn extremely fast, and my dorm's piano was out of tune without my knowing which made things more difficult.)

I was a first generation college student and honestly didn't know that college grades mattered or that graduate school existed when I was a freshman, so I took classes that interested me regardless of how I thought I would perform.

Based on grades.... Gen. Chem 1&2<Bio1<cell biology< Physics 1<orgo 3 (only at my school)< Physics 2<Bio 2< orgo 1&2

I only included science classes

freshmen Biology was easiest
physics 2 or orgo 1 hardest for me

this is school dependent. at my school, physics and ochem were the hardest. easiest class i took was intro to piano

Easiest: Physics
Hardest: Genetics

Easiest class for me: orgo 1

Hardest class: gen chem 2

Easiest: psychology
Hardest: physical chemistry

Easiest: US History

Most Difficult (annoying): Physics II

Reactions: 1 user
Easiest: Psych Stats

Hardest: Gen Chem 1 or Ochem 2. Ochem 1 is also up there.

Easiest: Intro Comp Sci
Hardest: Complex Analysis

Members don't see this ad :)
Easiest: Creative Writing
Hardest: Calculus 2

I think that anyone who took this class will agree with me without a doubt..... philosophy! Really interesting as well.

Hmm... hard to say, because classes far in my memory are difficult to judge objectively.

Easiest: Calculus 1

Hardest: Waves, Optics & Quantum Physics? The professor was absolutely unbearable and made everything much more complicated than it could have been.

Easiest - psychology
Hardest - physics 1. I had a poor algebra background and essentially had to relearn algebra during it.

Easiest: Bio and OChem and Pharmacology

Hardest: World Lit & Gen Chem I

Easiest: Organic Chemistry I
Hardest: Anything related to analysis.

Easiest: Biol100
Hardest: Real Analysis or Topology

Easiest: biochem I
Hardest: tie between Orgo 1 & developmental bio

Yes my biochem class was easier than my bio 101. If you went to my school and had this professor you would understand why lol. He should've been fired. Ugh

Easiest: computer literacy
Hardest: instrumental analysis

Engineer, math, and physics majors laugh at every post ITT

Easiest: Psych
Hardest: Immunology - Though it was mostly my fault as there were just way too many molecule names/confusing plating experiments to cram

Engineer, math, and physics majors laugh at every post ITT

About 1/3 of the posts have mentioned an upper year math, physics or engineering class (that only a math, engineering or physics major would take) as their hardest class. I can't imagine the average Bio major saying "Going to take complex analysis, yolo" 0_O

Easiest: Phys
Hardest: Stats. I hate math so I pretty much hate every single moment of this class.

Easiest: OCHEM
Hardest: Intermediate swimming

Reactions: 5 users
About 1/3 of the posts have mentioned an upper year math, physics or engineering class (that only a math, engineering or physics major would take) as their hardest class. I can't imagine the average Bio major saying "Going to take complex analysis, yolo" 0_O

I posted Complex Analysis, I was a math major, and I laughed a lot of these posts.

Reactions: 1 users
I posted Complex Analysis, I was a math major, and I laughed a lot of these posts.

I posted Real Analysis or Topology and was a Math major. Complex Analysis is the only math class I got an A in (I never attended any of my lectures, and I didn't study either). I can hardly laugh at what someone else finds difficult. My ex-girlfriend thought her quantitative methods for sociology class was difficult while I was sitting there trying to figure out what the Heine-Borel theorem was about. Doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for her.

Easiest: Biochem I

Hardest: Gen Bio I

...I think I'm weird...

From easiest to hardest for me was: Bio 1, Bio 2, Physics 1, O. Chem 1, Physics 2, O. Chem 2, G. Chem 1, G. Chem 2.

I posted Real Analysis or Topology and was a Math major. Complex Analysis is the only math class I got an A in (I never attended any of my lectures, and I didn't study either). I can hardly laugh at what someone else finds difficult. My ex-girlfriend thought her quantitative methods for sociology class was difficult while I was sitting there trying to figure out what the Heine-Borel theorem was about. Doesn't mean it wasn't difficult for her.

While you seem like an optimistic person, that's not how it works.
Thermodynamics is objectively more difficult than sociology, where you would have to intentionally study the wrong information just to get something under an A

While you seem like an optimistic person, that's not how it works.
Thermodynamics is objectively more difficult than sociology, where you would have to intentionally study the wrong information just to get something under an A

Of course, and I never denied that. I just don't see any reason to laugh at what someone else finds difficult.

Yeah, I know some physics majors who can barely tie their shoes, much less tackle a 25 page sociology paper.

Yeah, I know some physics majors who can barely tie their shoes, much less tackle a 25 page sociology paper.

Exactly. I think that numerous people ITT would be surprised about how much logical thinking and analysis skills a rigorous sociology, philosophy or literature class requires.

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly. I think that numerous people ITT would be surprised about how much logical thinking and analysis skills a rigorous sociology, philosophy or literature class requires.
Sometimes, too much value is based on science classes. Some (at least one) on SDN have had the sentiment that only hard science majors should get into medical school -_-. There's a lot to the humanities and social sciences that people need to explore.

Yep! I've done quite a bit of math, and more recently some philosophy, and there's a lot of logical thinking that's common to both. It always bothers me when people make fun of "easy" majors -- difficulty is relative, and there are many science/math/engineering majors who couldn't think critically about a written work to save their lives.

Easiest: General Chemistry or English
Hardest: Biology(First Quarter)
(Sophomore)

Last edited:
Easiest: Intro to research methods lol
Hardest: definitely fluid mechanics

Easiest: Psychology
Hardest: Laboratory in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology

Moral of the story: when your advisor tells you it's okay to take a 400 level laboratory course in your freshman year, find a new advisor.

Reactions: 3 users
Hardest - Organic Chemistry 1
Easiest - Tie for Introduction to Music and Introduction to Theatre

Easiest: Introduction to Medical Careers (Simple, informative, and necessary to graduate)
Hardest: Mathematical Logic and Proof. You take it after you take Calc II, and I was not too keen about waking up at 4 to commute to school in order to make it to class (the professor literally just read off the slides)

Easiest: Introduction to Medical Careers (Simple, informative, and necessary to graduate)
Hardest: Mathematical Logic and Proof. You take it after you take Calc II, and I was not too keen about waking up at 4 to commute to school in order to make it to class (the professor literally just read off the slides)

Wait, your easiest class wasn't transformations? :laugh:

Maths will be the death of me
I tell you what. I'm looking forward to not resting my eyes on a single physics equation for an entire year after physics II is over.