Program-Specific Info / Q's East Carolina OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsteinhauser90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to ECU? Have you heard back for a supplemental app or interview yet, or talked to the school? Just wondering when to expect things from them!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They had some issues with their application system that delayed reviewing applications. According to the e-mail that I got from the graduate school, they were starting to review applications I think last week.

Last edited:
I am anxiously waiting to hear back. I had to resend my transcript because my fall semester grades weren't on it and there was a miscommunication. Luckily Dr. Donica was understanding!

I toured it this summer and I loved it! I just wish it was a doctorate program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thanks guys, had no idea what was going on haha. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Just wanted y'all to know, I got an email from them today about the supplemental app, so I'm sure you got them too!

I was just told I made it to the second round.

Wooooo! Maybe I'll get into a program after all :)

Congrats HopefulOT17, can you tell us how you found out ? Email or Phone Call

Did you make it NCGirl2013? So if we didn't get an email as of 3:25 p.m. today we are declined ?

Did you make it NCGirl2013? So if we didn't get an email as of 3:25 p.m. today we are declined ?

I did get one, earlier this morning. I'm not sure how they are sending them out, whether its just in random phases, alphabetically, etc. I would give it a few days. I know on their website they also state that anyone not moving to the second phase will get a formal letter in the mail so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions if you haven't gotten either yet.

Congrats, NCGirl2013. Would you mind telling us your major and details. Thanks for the words of encouragement I am hoping for the best.

I found out via email this morning! I agree though, give it another day or two. They might just be doing it in spurts.

For those of you that made it to the 2nd round, can you please post your major, GPA, stats, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I mean so far they only have our transcripts, GRE scores and letters of recommendation.

Overall: 3.60
Prereq: 3.70
GREs: 156 V, 150 Q, 4.5 A
LOR: Professor, employer, OT I shadowed

For anyone that got an online interview, do you know if we get penalized for using our redo chance on the questions?

Does anyone know if once we view the questions do we have to start the interview?

I hope everyone's interviews are going well!

Planning to do mine this afternoon. Fingers crossed! :xf:

Has anyone heard a final decision today? Also does anyone know if they will send all decisions (yes, no and wait list) at the same time?

Today was the projected date for notification was today, but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully they are just a day behind?

Didn't hear anything either so I am hoping they are just behind as well. I looked through social media and didn't see anything about anyone hearing anything either.

Has anyone heard a final decision today? Also does anyone know if they will send all decisions (yes, no and wait list) at the same time?

They will send all yes notifications first, wait list next and then from my understanding you won't hear you are denied until april when they send out "official" notifications.

Didn't hear anything either so I am hoping they are just behind as well. I looked through social media and didn't see anything about anyone hearing anything either.

Hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but I am so relieved to hear that! I was seriously so upset yesterday, but I kind of assume that once someone gets accepted they are going to announce it. I know I will haha!

Fingers crossed for all of us today! I really loved ECU when I toured it and I just want to start the program so bad.

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but I know a girl who received an email last friday telling her she has been accepted. They may just be sending them out in spurts though

Don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but I know a girl who received an email last friday telling her she has been accepted. They may just be sending them out in spurts though

Last friday as in the 20th or the 13th? Because they sent out e-mails around the 13th with their timeline.

Well that is disappointing. Was that person a current student at ECU that was accepted on the pre-OT track?

I'd be surprised if they had sent out all of the acceptances just because I haven't heard of anyone else getting one. I'm going to try and be optimistic about this one.

Acceptances went out this past Friday. I'm currently a first year OT student at ECU and I got in off the wait list last year. We were notified that we were on the wait list about a week or two after acceptances went out. Then a month later I got a notification that a spot had opened up for me. I think there are about 7 or 8 out of 25 of us that got in off the wait list. Be patient! There's a decent chance that if you're on the wait list you'll get in.

Thanks for the info, ncOT9. Just wondering, how many that were accepted in your class are from out of state? I had heard they mostly take NC applicants but am still hopeful.

Thanks for the info, ncOT9. Just wondering, how many that were accepted in your class are from out of state? I had heard they mostly take NC applicants but am still hopeful.

I don't know how many people from out of state were initially accepted, but we have 5 in our class that aren't from NC.

Oh that makes me even more nervous.

I'm from Pennsylvania.

I heard of someone being notified that they're on the waitlist for ECU. Has anyone else heard that? I haven't gotten any sort of e-mail or letter yet :/ It's frustrating to hear through the grapevine about this stuff and have to assume my status. I wish they'd just notify everyone at once.

Just curious: to those who've gotten in or are waiting to hear, did you take their 'Exploring OT [OCCT 3000] class ?

So does this entail that non-contacted individuals are rejected? If so, I'd like some input on what to improve for the next round. My stats are...

Cumulative GPA: 4.0
Verbal: 154
Quant: 154
Writing: 4.0
And a significant portion of time shadowing (don't have the numbers handy).

Would it be worth it to retake the GRE? Of course I plan to continue shadowing. Any input would be appreciated...

I'm not sure what non-contact at this point means. Mostly everything is hearsay at this point.

Here are my stats:

Small, private, liberal arts college in PA
Major: Psychology
GPA: 3.60
Last 60 Credit GPA: 3.7
Prereq GPA: 3.6-3.8 (Depending on the school)
GRE: verbal = 156 quantitative = 151 writing = 4.0
OT shadowing: Pediatric Rehabilitation Clinic - 16 hrs, Certified Hand Therapist - 60 hours
Work experience: 480 hours as a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Program Assistant
Volunteer experience: Multiple service trips to South America (400 hrs), Mentor for at-risk-youth (80 hrs)
Extras: Student athlete (2 yr captain), President of Colleges Against Cancer, Student Ambassador (give tours to perspective students), conducted non-experimental research throughout coursework
References: OT, advisor, supervisor

I was told that my GRE score is pretty average, but after taking it twice I was not up for a third time.

If things don't work out I plan to shadow in at least two or three additional areas and retake the GREs. I will also try and get a position either as a rehab tech or teacher's aide. Something where I can work with people or kids in a hands on way. I also plan to take physics at a community college because not having it limited the places I could apply to.

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-28_15-42-23.png
    upload_2015-3-28_15-42-23.png
    95 bytes · Views: 45