Eastern Virginia Medical School Class of 2017!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobulls929

MD2017
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was accepted a couple weeks ago and I've been looking for people who are also attending in the fall. The page on fb is pretty dead, so I thought I would try on here :)

Congrats to everyone! We did it!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey congrats to you too! I'm curious who else is going to EVMS, though I haven't checked out fb page yet (as I am not definitely going yet). Maybe you should post a link to this thread in the application thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was actually just getting on to this forum to see if this thread had already been made, so this is great! I'm almost 100% sure that this is where I'll be going. Based on the general vibe I got on the interview day, I'm very excited. Does anyone know anything about the preview weekend that's coming up?

I was actually just getting on to this forum to see if this thread had already been made, so this is great! I'm almost 100% sure that this is where I'll be going. Based on the general vibe I got on the interview day, I'm very excited. Does anyone know anything about the preview weekend that's coming up?
I haven't seen any new information other than the original (vague) email lol. I just know that it'll be April 26-27 and judging from last year'a schedule, it looks like Friday will be mostly registration and then Saturday will be an all-day affair lol.

I'm glad you loved your interview day because I did too!! EVMS wasn't even my #1 school when I went on the interview but once I saw it, it became my first choice. So excited to start!!

I haven't seen any new information other than the original (vague) email lol. I just know that it'll be April 26-27 and judging from last year'a schedule, it looks like Friday will be mostly registration and then Saturday will be an all-day affair lol.

I'm glad you loved your interview day because I did too!! EVMS wasn't even my #1 school when I went on the interview but once I saw it, it became my first choice. So excited to start!!
Pretty similar for me. I had put it on my AMCAS list as an afterthought but when I interviewed I really liked it. Also gobulls929, I'm assuming the bulls in your un are of the chicago variety?

Pretty similar for me. I had put it on my AMCAS list as an afterthought but when I interviewed I really liked it. Also gobulls929, I'm assuming the bulls in your un are of the chicago variety?
Haha no actually. I went to undergrad at University of South Florida so those are the bulls I root for :)

Haha no actually. I went to undergrad at University of South Florida so those are the bulls I root for :)

Really? That's awesome. You still in Tampa? It's where I grew up/currently live. Also you didn't happen to interview at VCU too did you?

Last edited:
I'll be attending EVMS in the fall too! I am so excited! :)
Is there a FB page for class of 2017 yet?

Really? That's awesome. You still in Tampa? It's where I grew up/currently live. Also you didn't happen to interview at VCU too did you?
No unfortunately I moved back home (to VA) after I graduated in December. And no, I didn't interview at VCU. I applied but I was rejected pre-interview. I was so devastated lol. That was my original 1st choice before I toured EVMS and fell in love.

I'll be attending EVMS in the fall too! I am so excited! :)
Is there a FB page for class of 2017 yet?
I know there's a fb group but I didn't like it so I left. Nobody really said anything or interacted at all so methought I would come here. I'm glad you're as excited to start as I am!! I love EVMS and I hope these next few months fly by at lightning speed lol

Did everybody get their email about preview weekend? Can't wait :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I could go to Preview Weekend, but flights are too expensive right now :-(
Let me know how it goes!!

Thanks! :)
I am all the way from Tucson, Arizona! So, needless to say, I am super psyched to be near the beach and some trees, haha.
I'm Tamara, btw!

For those attending preview weekend- are you staying with the student hosts or doing it on your own?

To all the EVMS Matriculants Congrats. My question is for all thd VA residents that got in, what stats should I be aiming for to get in? Thanks

To all the EVMS Matriculants Congrats. My question is for all thd VA residents that got in, what stats should I be aiming for to get in? Thanks
I would say 3.6+ and 30+. In my experience with EVMS and from what I've heard from others experiences, the EVMS interview is probably a little more involved than at most other schools that I visited--some people find it to be less relaxed, but you can use it as your time to shine. Also, as a VA resident, know that this school and affiliated hospitals are a huge presence in the Hampton Roads community, so emphasis on serving the state of Virginia someday is also pretty valuable to the admissions committee.

Does anyone know if the Hague apartments are the only on-campus housing units? Also, what are other popular housing units for MD students near campus? Thanks and can't wait to meet all of you!

Hi everyone,
Was wondering if anyone still needs a roommate. I was recently accepted off the wait list so I'm in the process of looking for apartments. I'll be moving to Virginia from California and currently looking at river view lofts, but will be open to other locations. Was hoping to share a 2 bedroom unit so rent for each of us would be around $800. It's only a 10 minute walk from campus and includes a lot of nice perks. Looking to start moving in around early August before orientation. Here are two links for those interested http://riverviewloftsnorfolk.com/ http://norfolk.craigslist.org/apa/3865533565.html. Please pm if you are interested. Can be male or female.

If anyone is looking for a place to live, I have a great condo RIGHT NEXT TO EVMS, as close as you can get besides Hague Club. It is a 2BR/1BA, hardwood floors, wired with surround sound, in-unit washer and dryer (so you dont have to pay for laundry services), and comes fully furnished at $800/mo per bedroom. Utilities are included (even cable television and wireless internet). Private parking lot, but you won't need a car since it's only a 2 minute walk to EVMS.

My son graduated from EVMS and I am trying to fill both bedrooms, so if you have a friend in mind as a potential roommate this would be a great place. Even if you're a singleton you're in luck, as i have only ever rented to very courteous, easy-going fellow EVMS'ers.

email me at [email protected] if you'd like to know more about the place or see pictures.

Richard

Hey guys I thought I would also post here in addition to facebook and the EVMS 2013 applicant page. I'm a clean and relaxed M1 2017 male here. I'm coming from San Diego and I was thinking of making a trip over to Norfolk in the next week in addition to flying over there on August 2nd. If anyone was looking for a roommate or someone to search places with, message me, email (preferred) me at [email protected] and we'll try to get something going. Thanks!

So i don't know off the top of head, but if you go into your EVMS email and open up the M1 schedule, that should probably say the first day