EC Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Codynna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the mcat Work and activities section, are you allowed to put hrs for anticipate in doing an activity? so pretty much can we put hrs for senior year if we plan on doing the activity?

Members don't see this ad.

I called and asked about this last week. An aamc rep told me that you do not include future hours into your total hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang will it look bad if I added future hours? For most the activities though I separated them into segments and one of the segments was the hours I planned to put senior year :(

As a general rule you never list future activities/hours/etc..
Band.gif

-M

Amcas instructions says to list future expected hours in your total hours. If you look at the manual, it says this; therefore, it is legitimate to do so.

I don't know who you called at amcas, but apparently they didn't read the manual.

F :( .....i didnt list my future hrs. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

I remember reading that you are supposed to put future hours when I was filling out my application
I can't find it anymore :confused:

edit: found it
"Indicate the total number of hours that you spent completing (or expect to complete) this work experience or activity during the date range that you indicate."