MD EC Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utes2190

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted some input on how many hours would be considered competitive in volunteering, shadowing, research, and all of that. What should I be doing now? (freshman year, 2nd semester)

Members don't see this ad.

>100 for clinical and non-clinical each, and the more, the better.
competitive in volunteering,

30-100
shadowing,

>300
research, and all of that.

Start by checking out your locals houses of worship for non-clinical volunteer experience. And do a search of these forums. This question has been asked previously.
What should I be doing now? (freshman year, 2nd semester)

Reactions: 1 user
>100 for clinical and non-clinical each, and the more, the better.
competitive in volunteering,

30-100
shadowing,

>300
research, and all of that.

Start by checking out your locals houses of worship for non-clinical volunteer experience. And do a search of these forums. This question has been asked previously.
What should I be doing now? (freshman year, 2nd semester)

I know, I realized that after I posted it. Thank you though

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember to always be doing something small. You will look back at the end and be amazed at how much you have accomplished

Remember to always be doing something small. You will look back at the end and be amazed at how much you have accomplished

Small as in volunteering a few hours a week?

Small as in volunteering a few hours a week?
Yes. Don't ever have a time where you arent involved in something out you'll get to the end and feel like you have a million things to do. Be diverse, don't just volunteer in the same ways that most people do at your school. And be committed, schools want to see that you can see things through, aim for at least 40 hours in each project.