ECE Requesting Originals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothshine

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I graduated with a master's from Germany and am applying to dental school. My university unfortunately doesn't issue additional copies of my transcript (I've asked) - I've usually been able to work around this issue because most places accept certified/notarized copies, which is what my university recommended I do.

When I contacted ECE, they said they would accept my original transcript (and would call the school to verify) and mail it back to me when they're done with the evaluation - I'd like to trust that this is going to be done, but has anyone had a similar experience? (The negative reviews online make me wary.) And did ECE actually mail your original documents back to you? Of course, I'm going to attach a letter to tell them to send it back, but I only have one original copy, so you can see it's a bit of a sticky situation if I don't get it back.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't send it, they don't return so far as I know. They took a copy of mine and I didnt have any issueissue

I'm having exactly the same issue. I'm not able to get my duplicate originals again. And I don't think they return it back. I first thought that they would accept a notarized photocopy of the documents. But they don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the responses! I definitely thought they'd accept notarized photocopies as well - in my opinion, those are the same thing, so I'm not sure why they would have an issue with it.

beyondsmiles, did you also go to a German university? If so, after much back and forth calling, I just found out that you can actually request what's called "Leistungsübersicht" - it's different from your Zeugnis (which they cannot issue again), but is basically the same thing: It lists your classes taken and grades earned, and the university can send those out. Just make sure that they seal the back of the envelope! I'm not sure if they'll be willing to send it by mail (they wanted to email it), but I explained my situation to them so hopefully they will.

no toothshine im from india.. so i have graduated from an indian university... and if u are getting your documents evaluated for the nbde.. u must know that they take only those evaluated by the ece... and nothing else.

Do ECE return original documents or one has to send them Notarized Copies.
Thankyou.

And one more question does JCNDE accept report submitted by applicant or not?

Hello,
I have a query. I have done my ECE course by course evaluation. I want to take the NBDE part 1 for which I have to send the ECE score report to JCNDE. Can you please tell me the exact address. I am not sure if I have to send it to ADA or JCNDE.