ECFVG advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjrt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!
I'm a newly graduate vet from Italy and I am planning to take the BCE (I tookthe TOEFLibt in January) by August-September 2014. I have already been to the States as an extern for two months but I know I really need to study a lot to pass the BCE/NAVLE/CPE in the next months/years. Do you have any advice for me? I've read about Zuku and VetPrep, which one is the best in your opinion? Vet boards games? Specific books?Every bit of advice would be useful for me! Thanks in advance!
If you need my email adress I can pm it to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not competent to comment on this yet, cuz I'm new just like you.

From what I heard over here from previous threads:
Zuku for BCSE + online Merck/youtube videos (vetelib etc)
Vetprep for NAVLE + online Merck/some more books for better understanding + videos (vetelib etc)
CPE? Not sure. I will leave that to pros. But think one thing at a time, prepare step-wise. But since you are a fresh grad, it would be easier for you to follow any material.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello Guys!! I recently took the BSCE and I passed. I used zukureview and vet prep. I think each one has specific advantages. In my opinion, if you are starting to study, zuku is better. The reason is all the subjects are very well divided and you can study specific categories (like image, exotics etc...). In contrast Vet prep doesn't have so much categories like exotics, law, avian, image, laboratory.... However, most of the students of Davis prefer Vet prep. I guess one of the reasons is that all the explanations of the zuku goes to a link that is very large and full of details (which is great if you really want to study an don't remember almost anything like me...). On the other hand, Vet prep explanations are more practical, the links are good resumes, short and easy to memorize. I recommend Vet prep specially if you don't have much time and /or if you already study the overall subjects. I don't recommend to you to use both at the same time though... I used Zuku first them I used Vet prep. with zuku I could take notes of the most specific subjects. I suggest to make a binder with the categories... then, with Vet prep I most got familiar with the kind of questions and training my time answering etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks karenbenevenuto! This was super helpful. I think I'll also start with ZUKU then in the last couple of months move to Vet Prep. I was also thinking of making big binders by species and categories. Good luck with your CPE preparations!

Hello everybody

I am an Egyptian vet and i am preparing for BCSE,
can we make a studying group online

Hello everybody

hi Hesham I am Egyptian too. I have just passed ielts exam and planing to take the BCSE exam this year ,so, I would like to know if you are in Egypt

Hello guys, let's start a study group, if one does not exist yet. my email is [email protected] I can coordinate it if needed. Shoot me an email and we'll take it from there.

Looking for people NAVLE in 2015 be April or December to study in NJ let me know. Maybe studying with other people might help me get through this difficult exam.

Hello everybody!
I'm a newly graduate vet from Italy and I am planning to take the BCE (I tookthe TOEFLibt in January) by August-September 2014. I have already been to the States as an extern for two months but I know I really need to study a lot to pass the BCE/NAVLE/CPE in the next months/years. Do you have any advice for me? I've read about Zuku and VetPrep, which one is the best in your opinion? Vet boards games? Specific books?Every bit of advice would be useful for me! Thanks in advance!
If you need my email adress I can pm it to you![/Q

I am planning on sitting for the BCSE this June and am looking for a study partner. Am located in Nebraska, Omaha.

hi Hesham I am Egyptian too. I have just passed ielts exam and planing to take the BCSE exam this year ,so, I would like to know if you are in Egypt
Hi,
I am from Egypt and i am studying now for the TOEFL and get prepared for the ECFVG

Hello everybody

Hi Hesham ,
I am from Egypt as well (1993 Cairo graduate) , completed the BCSE and looking for study partner to prepare for NAVLE. please let me know if this is something that you would be interested in .
Best regards
Yehia

Hi I graduated from Algeria few months ago im planing on taking the toefl test in a month and start studying for the BCSE and CPE after that ,anyone in Houston so we can create a study group or an online one , and also i want to know if I have to register for ECFVG and then take Toefl or the opposite would be fine , Ive got a lot of questions if anyone can help me thank you guys .

Hello Guys!! I recently took the BSCE and I passed. I used zukureview and vet prep. I think each one has specific advantages. In my opinion, if you are starting to study, zuku is better. The reason is all the subjects are very well divided and you can study specific categories (like image, exotics etc...). In contrast Vet prep doesn't have so much categories like exotics, law, avian, image, laboratory.... However, most of the students of Davis prefer Vet prep. I guess one of the reasons is that all the explanations of the zuku goes to a link that is very large and full of details (which is great if you really want to study an don't remember almost anything like me...). On the other hand, Vet prep explanations are more practical, the links are good resumes, short and easy to memorize. I recommend Vet prep specially if you don't have much time and /or if you already study the overall subjects. I don't recommend to you to use both at the same time though... I used Zuku first them I used Vet prep. with zuku I could take notes of the most specific subjects. I suggest to make a binder with the categories... then, with Vet prep I most got familiar with the kind of questions and training my time answering etc...
Hi Karen Benevenuto, Belated congratulations. Did you study any books. I have my BVSC&AH degree many years ago. Looking forward to your response.

Hi, Good Afternoon, I am from Venezuela, living in Trinidad and Tobago, planing on the QSE, its anyone can help me wit any advice, or how to study, starting from nothing.

Thanks
Karen