ECG coding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redlined

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question regarding ecg coding on general boards.

When there are q waves one is to code for an infarct...are you supposed to also code for injury pattern?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Question regarding ecg coding on general boards.

When there are q waves one is to code for an infarct...are you supposed to also code for injury pattern?

Thanks

I was told infarct. Injury pattern is elevations no?

Sorry my original question was not clear. let me clarify. If there are q waves and St elevation should you only code infarction for the related artery or do you also code for injury pattern?

Sorry my original question was not clear. let me clarify. If there are q waves and St elevation should you only code infarction for the related artery or do you also code for injury pattern?

My bad.....I would code for both. I need to get ECG sap but perhaps depending on the ST elevations maybe you could code for infarct with ventricular aneurysm?? There really is so much you could say. We do weekly ECG saps in my fellowships and we'll code for ST or T wave changes suggestive of ischemia or be more specific such as injury/infarct. It's a PIA to code the way they want it.