ECG questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeless at ECG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have some ECG questions that seem way beyond my level of understanding, is there anyone on here that can navigate their way to 12/12. See attachments. Thank you kindly.

ECG 1.png

ECG 2.png

1.An apparent long QT is displayed on ECG1, with the QT segment measured on V2 as 0.50s (QTc is still 0.50s). Long QT may be associated with which ion abnormality?

a. Hyponatremia

b. Hypocalcaemia

c. Hypercalcaemia

d. Hyperkalaemia

2.In ECG 1 slight ST depression is discernible on leads I, II, V5 and V6. This is likely to be associated with?

a. Ischaemia due to narrowing of the left anterior descending artery

b. Ischaemia due to narrowing of the left circumflex artery

c. Ischaemia due to narrowing of the right coronary artery

d. all of the above combined

3.In ECG 1 the most correct measurements for HR, P wave duration and R wave amplitude, respectively when measured on the rhythm strip are?

a. 65 bpm; 0.12s; 0.4mV

b. 60 bpm; 0.08s; 0.5mV

c. 61 bpm; 0.10s; 0.4mV

d. 61 bpm; 0.08s; 0.5mV

4. In ECG 1, the QRS duration measured on the rhythm strip appears to be normal (0.08-0.12s). However, when measured on other leads, such as V1 it appears to be longer than normal (0.14 – 0.16s). This is because:

a. There appears to be an intraventricular conduction delay.

b. The rhythm strip is mainly useful for assessing rhythm and calculating the heart rate.

c. It is just difficult to ascertain where the QRS starts and finishes on some leads.

d.Both A and B are correct

5.In ECG 2, the most correct measurements for the sinus HR, P wave duration and T wave amplitude, respectively when measured on the rhythm strip are?

a. 86 bpm; 0.08s; 1.1mV

b. 72 bpm; 0.14s; 0.2mV

c. 60 bpm, 0.12s; 1.1mV

d. 78 bpm; 0.16s; 0.2mV

6.In the bizarre QRS complex that is seen in ECG 2, the unusual T wave is due to?

a. Excessive K+ ions (hyperkalemia) causing the tall peaked T wave

b. Reversal of the normal repolarisation pathway due to the aberrant depolarisation pathway

c. Excessive Ca++ions causing a short ST segment and the inverted T wave

d. All the above

7. The abnormal features on ECG 1 include?

A. a wider than normal QRS

b. a longer than normal QT interval

c. a U wave

d. Both A and C

e. A, B and C

8. The major abnormal feature of ECG 2 indicates?

a. An electrically irritable region in the atria

b. Intermittent AV block

c. Intermittent failure of the SA node

d. An electrically irritable region in the ventricles

9. The most accurate descritpion of heart rate that can be determined from the rhythm displayed in ECG 2 is?

a. A regular heart rate

b. an irregular heart rate

c. a regularly irregular heart rate

d. an irregularly irregular heart rate

10. The most informative diagnosis that can be made from ECG 2 would be?

a. Premature ventricular contractions

b. Ventricular bigeminy

c. Ventricular bigeminy

d. Ventricular ectopic beats

11. The most probable diagnosis that can be made from ECG 1 is ____________ due to the______________.

a. Right bundle branch block; rSR1 in V1

b. Bifascicular block; rSR1 in V1 and qRs in V6

c. Left bundle branch block, qRs in V6

d. None of the above

12. When looking at the rhythm strip the abnormal features on ECG 2 include?

a. Inverted T waves

b. Wider than normal QRS complexes

c. Long PR intervals

d. Both A and B

e. A, B and C

Members don't see this ad.

This topic is something i happen to be well versed in :) is for cardiology? if so, i can send you a study guide to helpyou learn and decode these

Hey :) Thank you very much. I would greatly appreciate that, as the material I have at hand just doesn't go into enough detail.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This topic is something i happen to be well versed in :) is for cardiology? if so, i can send you a study guide to helpyou learn and decode these
HI,
Could you also send this file my way! I have similar questions and am extremely stuck!
If so my email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 user
Oops sorry mis read a comment, so I'm retracting my initial response lol bc it wouldn't make sense now lol

I have the same exam and in struggling too. Please help!