Economics Major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whartonmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning on pursuing an economics major from a top 20 ranked school. Will this be a problem when I apply for DO schools or are they just like MD schools looking to admit students studying in other majors outside of the sciences such as History, English, business-related aka Finance and Accounting, and Economics. Will I be hurting my chances at the end by not pursuing a degree in undergraduate in the science field?

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on pursuing an economics major from a top 20 ranked school. Will this be a problem when I apply for DO schools or are they just like MD schools looking to admit students studying in other majors outside of the sciences such as History, English, business-related aka Finance and Accounting, and Economics. Will I be hurting my chances at the end by not pursuing a degree in undergraduate in the science field?

Doesn't matter what you major in just take the pre reqs, which could change depending on when you plan on taking the MCAT.

Best of luck!:thumbup: