economics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danomite

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I took this ARE - agricultural economics class last year and ended up getting a C - .

I'm taking ECON - microeconomics this upcoming semester. If I do better in that...will pharmacy school that I'm applying to only care about this class and not the other? The reason why I ask is b/c a lot of pharmacy schools don't want any grade lower than a C in all pre-req. Does pre-req just mean classes that are required to get into their pharm school?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys

I took this ARE - agricultural economics class last year and ended up getting a C - .

I'm taking ECON - microeconomics this upcoming semester. If I do better in that...will pharmacy school that I'm applying to only care about this class and not the other? The reason why I ask is b/c a lot of pharmacy schools don't want any grade lower than a C in all pre-req. Does pre-req just mean classes that are required to get into their pharm school?

I believe that they would lay emphasis on the pre-req courses...but the C- would get raised eyebrows too....my advice would be repeat it if you can...if you absolutely cannot.....you might be able to get by with it..and as for micro...are u sure that they require Micro....and not Macro? The ones that Ive seen all are for either one or macro.....I found macro really interesting....it kinda takes the bigger point of view on things....so it just might help out......

They only thing I would worry about that ag economics would be the gpa effect. Did that C- pull you down? If you have already done well in your classes, have lots of credit hours already and it didn't effect your gpa then I wouldn't worry about that C-. I mean no one can do well in every class all the time....so just "prove" that you can do economics with the micro class. You probably have a lot of other things to worry about than that course. Focus on the rest of your courses and do the best you can.