ECU Dental Applying 2011

Considering it's my only acceptance thus far and I have not received a call from UNC, I will send the formal acceptance letter to them within the next couple of days.

Same here.

Members don't see this ad.

20 offers is definitely lower than what I would have expected, but it is also definitely a nice little ray of hope for those of us still holding out. Sounds like ECU may be taking the process a little slower than other schools

20 offers is definitely lower than what I would have expected, but it is also definitely a nice little ray of hope for those of us still holding out. Sounds like ECU may be taking the process a little slower than other schools

Yeah, I'm not as bummed knowing that they still have a bunch of seats open.

Only about 11 days until UNC notifies for interviews. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know any of the people that have post-dec 1st interviews at ECU?

It seems like everyone here interviewed early....

I was scheduled to interview Dec 7th, but I withdrew my application today.

I knew someone that is interviewing next week or week after next.

Hey JMT,

To your earlier post I think I am going to take the acceptance from UNC and let ECU know next week when I mail back the info I received today.

Thanks for the info guys, I think it helps everyone when we share information.

Have a good evening!

Also:

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the ppl here that did get an acceptance in the past few days and who are taking time to share information here, it is extremely helpful to those of us that are still waiting for good news. The ppl here on this forum are a good group, all acceptances to ppl here are well deserved in my opinion, and I don't even know 99.9999% of you.:thumbup:

Also:

Just wanted to take a minute to thank the ppl here that did get an acceptance in the past few days and who are taking time to share information here, it is extremely helpful to those of us that are still waiting for good news. The ppl here on this forum are a good group, all acceptances to ppl here are well deserved in my opinion, and I don't even know 99.9999% of you.:thumbup:

+1

Thanks and congrats ya'll

agree, this would be interesting to know. Also:

how many of us that were 'waitlisted' haven't heard anything from UNC,

or

how many not 'waitlisted' at ECU got accepted today at UNC.

Makes me think there was some serious cooperation going on behind the scenes.

I'll tell you with complete confidence that there's NO cooperation going on behind the scenes.

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone alluded too earlier (here or another thread) I wonder how/if this wait-list is ranked, and how they (admissions office) respond to calls regarding your position on this list?

As someone alluded too earlier (here or another thread) I wonder how/if this wait-list is ranked, and how they (admissions office) respond to calls regarding your position on this list?

I have been reading through the posts related to UNC and ECU and I only wish the best for all applicants.

To those that are in limbo/waitlist/paranoia/plotting/etc...please, just take some deep breaths...relax. You are still in the game, and until you hear otherwise there is really no point in investing energy in generating a laundry list of hypothetical situations/scenarios.

I know the waiting game is long and brutal, but you all have come this far - it's out of your hands - please be at peace - you are going to drive yourselves batty.

I know the waiting game is long and brutal, but you all have come this far - it's out of your hands - please be at peace - you are going to drive yourselves batty.

Lol...already there man, this is my way of coping with the 'battyness' :laugh:

Its tough simply for the reasons you state, up until now everything was up to us, and now we have no control.

Congratulations to those that were accepted!

I interviewed in November and recieved the 'waitlist' e-mail on December 1st. I wouldn't necessarily call it a waitlist e-mail though. More like an 'active review' e-mail instead. *Trying to stay positive.* Waitlists are more when the class has been largely filled and the school needs a couple of back up's just in case someone decides to drop in the last minute.

For those of you that are waiting (interviewed or not) like me, what are you all doing? Does anyone know if sending additional letters of recommendation or academic/employment update letters makes a positive difference?

Congratulations to those that were accepted!

I interviewed in November and recieved the 'waitlist' e-mail on December 1st. I wouldn't necessarily call it a waitlist e-mail though. More like an 'active review' e-mail instead. *Trying to stay positive.* Waitlists are more when the class has been largely filled and the school needs a couple of back up's just in case someone decides to drop in the last minute.

For those of you that are waiting (interviewed or not) like me, what are you all doing? Does anyone know if sending additional letters of recommendation or academic/employment update letters makes a positive difference?

I'm just trying to stay busy over the next few weeks so I don't dwell on it. I think UNC should be sending out the interview invites for the Jan. interviews next week at some point, but other than that, nothing.

I don't know that sending anything additional at this point would be helpful, other than the AADSAS update I guess.

Good luck!

Hey All -

for those who have yet to hear a definitive response from ECU - I wanted to let you all know that I withdrew my application (prior to my interview). Hopefully that will free up a spot for someone either on the interview side or on the eventual acceptance side.

Again, I wish you all the best and hope you keep your spirits high.

I've heard that the committee has a few more reviews to do. I think they meet more than just twice (Dec & feb). And with many folks turning down acceptances if may open up more committee review days

I've heard that the committee has a few more reviews to do. I think they meet more than just twice (Dec & feb). And with many folks turning down acceptances if may open up more committee review days

Just to let people who are waiting know - we have to make our decision whether we accept/pay deposit by JAN 5... so maybe after that date a lot more acceptances will come out??

For me - I'm probably going to accept. If I do end up being accepted to UNC in late Jan/Feb then I will withdraw..

Anyone else have any news?
I sent an e-mail to ECU Wednesday of last week and have not heard back from them. I have a feeling I'll never get a response...

Not trying to be rude or mean in any way, but if they were going to get in touch with you they would have already. They are really good at keeping in touch with people when they want to.

Not trying to be rude or mean in any way, but if they were going to get in touch with you they would have already. They are really good at keeping in touch with people when they want to.
I had sent them an update letter and wanted to receive confirmation that they received it. Just a simple and quick response back would suffice.

I agree with you completely, maybe send a follow up email to confirm they received your update. They are all very nice there, I am sure they would respond if you sent another.

I agree with you completely, maybe send a follow up email to confirm they received your update. They are all very nice there, I am sure they would respond if you sent another.
I agree - they were very courteous and welcoming people. Having said that, I received a reply back this morning. Nothing of major significance, but at least I'm at peace in my mind that they received my update letter.

I wonder if the admin. staff peruse these boards...

Well, since this thread is the only one relevant to my situation now (no UNC interview invite) I thought I would post and bump it up, anyone have any news ?

Well, since this thread is the only one relevant to my situation now (no UNC interview invite) I thought I would post and bump it up, anyone have any news ?

The info session event is this friday. The email had over 30 e-mail contacts listed for those attending it, so I don't know how accurate the assumed 20 acceptances really is. If there are any specific questions anybody wants me to ask while I am there, let me know.

There were 34 people on that email list, so at least 34 people were accepted, and my guess is maybe more. I bet the people that turned down the offer, were taken off that list.

There were 34 people on that email list, so at least 34 people were accepted, and my guess is maybe more. I bet the people that turned down the offer, were taken off that list.

I imagine you are right, assuming the accepted people were prompt in sending in their withdraw letters.

I would be interested to know how the day goes for everyone! Congrats again!

Curious to know how the information session went for the accepted applicants! Anyone care to talk about it? :thumbup:

I know the deposits for the dec 1 acceptances are due Jan 5, but does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is or when the next round of acceptances will be sent out?

I know the deposits for the dec 1 acceptances are due Jan 5, but does anyone know when the next adcom meeting is or when the next round of acceptances will be sent out?

I interviewed in early December and was told I should know something around the first of the year. Knowing that, I'd expect shortly after the 5th.

I interviewed in early December and was told I should know something around the first of the year. Knowing that, I'd expect shortly after the 5th.

Good to know. Thanks for the update!:thumbup:

Anyone heard anything from ecu this week?

Anyone heard anything from ecu this week?

Haven't heard anything yet but I expect we will hear next week if not Thursday or Friday. I believe those accepted on Dec. 1st must submit their deposits by January 5th, tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from ECU. I'll be in your shoes next cycle. Maybe there will be a fair amount of slots open up for you all.

Haven't heard anything yet but I expect we will hear next week if not Thursday or Friday. I believe those accepted on Dec. 1st must submit their deposits by January 5th, tomorrow.

For some reason I was thinking we should hear tomorrow, but I can't remember where I (read?) heard. Anyways, I would think that since the 30 day deadline is coming up, there should be some movement soon. Good luck!

Anyone have any news? I interviewed early dec and haven't heard anything!

Anyone have any news? I interviewed early dec and haven't heard anything!

I interviewed early Dec as well and haven't heard anything. I'm expecting the adcom will wait until next week since deposits for Dec. 1st acceptances were due January 5th. Still hoping to hear tomorrow though.

I would give it a few days. the final date was the 5th. meaning the 6th would be the first day they could see how many open spots they have. im thinking it has to be next week sometime. maybe monday/tuesday/wedn.

I am going to UNC, so I hope that one of you guys here gets my seat. ECU has some really clever ideas!

Still no news as of today. I interviewed in early November.

Has anyone that interviews POST-Dec 1 heard anything from ECU? Do you all think that those applicants might be considered separately and given acceptances???

Has anyone that interviews POST-Dec 1 heard anything from ECU? Do you all think that those applicants might be considered separately and given acceptances???

Interviewed early December and havent heard anything yet. I've been thinking for a while that we would hear back this week.

A friend of mine who interviewed yesterday said they wouldn't hear back for a month(??)

After speaking to the dean of admissions, I believe he stated that the comittee would meet once in January and once in February. Perhaps that's why there's about a month wait as they probably make offers/interview decisions on those days.

I gave chris a call earlier and he said they will notify at the end of the month.

hopefully this means its all at once and not "rolling" like we're all expecting.

that way we can at least relax for 2 weeks and not be on the fence. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I gave chris a call earlier and he said they will notify at the end of the month.

hopefully this means its all at once and not "rolling" like we're all expecting.

that way we can at least relax for 2 weeks and not be on the fence. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think we're all ready...... NOW!