Edit ERAS app for Scramble 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medsRus

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we update our ERAS application prior to submitting for the 2010 scramble? Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately you cannot do that. You can only submit new LOR's the rest of the applications remains the same. If a program want to vet you during the scramble they can ask you to email/fax them your updated CV.

Unfortunately you cannot do that. You can only submit new LOR's the rest of the applications remains the same. If a program want to vet you during the scramble they can ask you to email/fax them your updated CV.

That completely sucks!

Some people apply to no programs with the sole intent of scrambling into an unfilled spot; I have a friend who's a Caribbean grad who doing just that for Peds (didn't interview a single place, just wants to scramble come March 16). Seems like a stressful way of doing it, but to each her own.

Some people apply to no programs with the sole intent of scrambling into an unfilled spot; I have a friend who's a Caribbean grad who doing just that for Peds (didn't interview a single place, just wants to scramble come March 16). Seems like a stressful way of doing it, but to each her own.

Don't you have to certify a ROL in order to get the scramble list?

I don't get it...why would you want to take left-overs? Why not actually apply and interview like normal people...?

I don't get it...why would you want to take left-overs? Why not actually apply and interview like normal people...?

She feels that she wouldn't be competitive and it's just a waste of time.

She feels that she wouldn't be competitive and it's just a waste of time.

For Peds?!?!?! And if you're not even remotely enough competitive to get a single interview, why would you feel confident that you could scramble over more competitive people who did receive interviews?

For Peds?!?!?! And if you're not even remotely enough competitive to get a single interview, why would you feel confident that you could scramble over more competitive people who did receive interviews?

Dunno. She argues that there are positions that end up going unfilled every year, and she's a warm body that gets them Medicare dollars and she gets trained in Peds... even if it's in Fargo.

Hey! Fargo happens to be a decent small city with very friendly people despite (or perhaps because of) it's remote location. I'd say it's a toss-up with St. Louis actually. :)

Actually, for a FMG/IMG wanting to do the least competitive specialties, it kind of makes sense. You'd normally have to drop $10,000+ in ERAS fees and interviewing to hopefully get enough places to match, and then you may still have to scramble even for the non-competitive specialties. Just save the money!

Only people who have never experienced the scamble would suggest that it's a good way to go. All the rules will change next year, but as the scramble stands it's not a good primary plan. It has to be the most awful, stressful experience ever.

Only people who have never experienced the scamble would suggest that it's a good way to go. All the rules will change next year, but as the scramble stands it's not a good primary plan. It has to be the most awful, stressful experience ever.

Without the possibility of editing the ERAS application, if one goes through the scramble, how should he update the program on changes/additions?

I scrambled last year, unsuccessfully. It was a nightmare experience. I can't imagine anyone doing it on purpose, and to the best of my knowledge there are no positions in ANY field that wind up unfilled, in Fargo or anywhere else.

And I can't have been that terrible, I avoided the whole thing this time with a very nice prematch. I am deeply grateful.

Would love to hear more...