Educational History on ERAS -- Ongoing MBA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClavicularHomicide

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm an IMG (Carib grad) who graduated with my MD in May 2015, but I failed to match in 2015 and will be re-applying for the 2016 Match. I am starting a MBA in Health Management offered by my school to MD graduates (designed for physicians/residents but they recommend it for MD graduates who failed to match). Its a 14-month, online program -- begins in August 2015, ends October 2016. I'm not doing this MBA solely to bolster my credentials in hopes of approving my chances of matching -- I feel that our medical education -- especially as an IMG -- was severely lacking in the field of Health Management and Administration, and these are skills all physicians should eventually be exposed to.

My query is, how should I go about entering this program on my ERAS application? If I enter that my expected Degree date for my MBA is 'October 2016', will PD's be turned off by me having other commitments besides my residency training and its expected start date of July 2016? Is it better to just leave this MBA completely off my ERAS application itself and mention it during interviews when I'm inevitably asked 'What have you been doing since you graduated' ?

Members don't see this ad.