Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My deadline for mailing a deposit to another school is tomorrow. Under such circumstances, do you all think I should contact her tomorrow? VCOM is my preference and I would rather send that deposit to Auburn in the event I will be accepted - just with a delay in notification.....

In your case, yes, but I would wait until after noon.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know if the emails should have gone out already also?
I don't think she sends out emails the same day. I seem to remember those that got rejections posting a few days after calls went out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think she sends out emails the same day. I seem to remember those that got rejections posting a few days after calls went out.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge! We do appreciate it. :)

Hi everyone, I interviewed February 12 and Mrs. Oliver called shortly before I posted- she apologized for calling late so I'm sure she is still making calls :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Since I'm 1 year older than you ... um ... I don't like the sound of that haha!
Not quite a year bro. And I prefer class mama but some dummy on FB said grandma. Let me introduce me and 'bus here as the class troublemakers. ;)

Hi everyone, I interviewed February 12 and Jasmine called shortly before I posted- she apologized for calling late so I'm sure she is still making calls :)
Congrats on your acceptance! I interviewed feb 12 as well. If I had to guess who you are does your preferred name start with a C ;)

Congrats everyone!!! Join our Facebook!

So, you guys think there's a chance she didn't finish tonight and will continue tomorrow?? Anyone else get a call?

So, you guys think there's a chance she didn't finish tonight and will continue tomorrow?? Anyone else get a call?

I would say if you didn't get an email or call
Tonight that there is still a chance for tomorrow :)

And my name starts with an L

/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

I'm going to vote yes. The question most concerning to me at this point has to do with the order in which she calls people. I interviewed Feb. 11th....so I'm praying she doesn't call people in chronological order by interview date- as we have seen a Feb. 12th acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
No call for me :(

I hope there's a chance, otherwise we're rejects or waitlisters
Surely more of us are going to be accepted on here. Someone said that VCOM is only 2/3 full. Lets just stick together and hope for the best. Lets not give up hope :)

Surely more of us are going to be accepted on here. Someone said that VCOM is only 2/3 full. Lets just stick together and hope for the best. Lets not give up hope :)

I'm thinking so. Let us know ASAP, too. Even if you get a waitlist/reject email. I'll do the same.

Interviewed on Feb 18th at VCOM Auburn. GA resident.
No call and no email so far, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Thanks for your update and glad to have you on here! I wish you the best! :)

Interviewed on Feb 18th at VCOM Auburn. GA resident, 3.85 sGPA and 3.86 oGPA.GA resident, nontraditional applicant, Average MCAT.
No call and no email so far, fingers crossed!

Thanks for your update and glad to have you on here! I wish you the best! :)

Sorry, double post.

Thank you, Canvasback!

Last edited:
Hey y'all. Keep the faith. Mrs. Oliver was obviously working a late night and chances are she had to get home to kiss the kiddos goodnight. You know?

Look at the last 10ish posts; this is why they don't like to split up notifications over two days. The adcom really cares about us as people; the PEOPLE here (including some really talented classmates who BTW had options at other schools) is what truly makes VCOM-Auburn a special place.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey y'all. Keep the faith. Mrs. Oliver was obviously working a late night and chances are she had to get home to kiss the kiddos goodnight. You know?

Look at the last 10ish posts; this is why they don't like to split up notifications over two days. The adcom really cares about us as people; the PEOPLE here (including some really talented classmates who BTW had options at other schools) is what truly makes VCOM-Auburn a special place.

Very well said. I commend her already for working so late. I'm sure the stresses of starting that program from scratch and running it as well as she does are great.

Talk to y'all tomorrow!

Last edited:
Weather conditions may affect opening of Auburn University today, not sure. In Atlanta schools and universities are closed on 02/25/2015!

Weather conditions may affect opening of Auburn University today, not sure. In Atlanta schools and universities are closed on 02/25/2015!

I see I'm not the only one awake. :)

I've thought about that... I work at a university about 25 minutes from Auburn and it's open today. I think the weather will hold out for us.

I hope you the best! There's still A LOT of hope out there!

No call here. :(:(:(
I don't want to get your hopes up but I didn't get the call from jasmine. My guess is when jasmine is free she is going to finish calling accepted applicants. There is hope for you my friend

I don't want to get your hopes up but I didn't get the call from jasmine. My guess is when jasmine is free she is going to finish calling accepted applicants. There is hope for you my friend

Thanks for that bit of info. I figured Mrs. Oliver did all the calling...

WE still have hope!

It's hard to hear (read?), tough to swallow, and God knows I'm anxious sitting here... but WE still have hope!

No call or email for me either yet. Stay tuned!

WELLLL, just got a call, (not from Mrs. Oliver)... I got waitlisted...

Last edited:
I think the class is full, they are probably interviewing most of candidates for waitlisting, and waitlist is going to move up as and when spot becomes vacant.