Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I haven't even in interviewed yet, so you all are in a better spot than I am.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I haven't even in interviewed yet, so you all are in a better spot than I am.
From what I'm gathering from my experience on interview day and others here on sdn. Be yourself and really show interest! Make sure you sell your self. Any weak areas on your app be prepared to explain them and win them over

Reactions: 1 user
From what I'm gathering from my experience on interview day and others here on sdn. Be yourself and really show interest! Make sure you sell your self. Any weak areas on your app be prepared to explain them and win them over
Btw, I love this school. It is a real hidden gem. They have a lot going for them that would take a long time to explain in 1 forum post. They are very teamwork/family/fit oriented. That is one of the many reasons why I fell in love with them!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Btw, I love this school. It is a real hidden gem. They have a lot going for them that would take a long time to explain in 1 forum post. They are very teamwork/family/fit oriented. That is one of the many reasons why I fell in love with them!

I feel this way exactly. And will say, if there's anyone out there that is in a toss up between schools, don't go to Auburn. ;) I would love the chance to have a seat at this institution. :nod:

Last edited:
I feel this way exactly. And will say, if there's anyone out there that is in a toss up between schools, don't go to Auburn. I would love the chance to have a seat at this institution. :nod:
Yeah maybe we should stop selling the school canvasback :laugh:

Probably, all accepted were called yesterday, may be only few candidates were accepted.
may be all waitlisted were called today, probably more WL candidates.

Last edited:
Did any of you guys waitlisted ask when the earliest we could be pulled off of waitlist was

Based on SDN forum, many schools accept twice the number of applicants than available spots so that class can fill completely for the academic year.
Do you guys think VCOM-Auburn will accept 300 applicants for 150 spots?

Last edited:
Based on SDN forum, many schools accept twice the number of applicants than available spots so that class can fill completely for the academic year.
Do you guys think VCOM-AL will accept 300 applicants for 150 spots?
Definitely not... There is no way they would accept such a high number and expect half to turn it down. They most likely accept 20-30% more, tops

Do you guys think VCOM-AL will accept 300 applicants for 150 spots?

"VCOM-AL"?!

:wtf::nono::boom:

Just made an account for this.
I was rejected yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I interviewed last Monday.
Not surprised though, I had horrible stats.

I think I interviewed last Monday.
Not surprised though, I had horrible stats.
Thanks for making an account to help others out. I'm sorry about the news :/ but I doubt you got an interview with horrible stats!

I used AL for Alabama instead of Auburn -A
Yeahhhhh problem is you just can't subtract Auburn and add Alabama. Not with those icky roll tiders around. We might be ok with AU instead of AL. But the dean made a big deal of ensuring we'd be VCOM-Auburn. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
OK Sorry, I got it! I edited post!

Yeahhhhh problem is you just can't subtract Auburn and add Alabama. Not with those icky roll tiders around. We might be ok with AU instead of AL. But the dean made a big deal of ensuring we'd be VCOM-Auburn. ;)
Some of us 'icky roll tiders' are abandoning generations of Tuscaloosa tradition to attend VCOM-Auburn. We aren't all that bad!

Just a bad habit in general. Imagine putting that in an email accidentally. Or saying it. That's an automatic waitlist. ;)

I didn't have great stats, but I feel my secondaries were excellent (not to be presumptuous or anything).

Some of us 'icky roll tiders' are abandoning generations of Tuscaloosa tradition to attend VCOM-Auburn. We aren't all that bad!
Regardless, we don't negotiate with terrorists.

Reactions: 4 users
No you're not bad at all. I think we can all get along. ;)

Sorry; on 1 hour of sleep here ... and then the last page of that exam ... yeah. Anyway...
You get a pass for the suckiest day ever. I'm just testy because another hour of this rain is going to push me over the edge.

I hope the WL moves up!!!!!

signing off for today

So last time i'm gonna bother you guys for a while......In regards to the wait list, does anyone know if they rank you by MCAT score or do they truly give you a holistic review with less emphasis on gpa/mcat??? The reason I ask is my MCAT is extremely low and may be at the very bottom of the wait list. I'm trying to get an idea of where i might be so that I can better prepare for reapplying. The money is a big issue for me. Using money for reapplying was going to be used for moving and deposit for the cycle.

So last time i'm gonna bother you guys for a while......In regards to the wait list, does anyone know if they rank you by MCAT score or do they truly give you a holistic review with less emphasis on gpa/mcat??? The reason I ask is my MCAT is extremely low and may be at the very bottom of the wait list. I'm trying to get an idea of where i might be so that I can better prepare for reapplying. The money is a big issue for me. Using money for reapplying was going to be used for moving and deposit for the cycle.
I don't know the answer but I didn't want to leave the crickets chirping on ya.

• AACOMAS Application Deadline:
    March 15: VCOM-Auburn

February 15: VCOM-Virginia and VCOM-Carolinas
    (Although classes may be filled in advance of this deadline due to rolling admissions.)

This is a question for Jasmine. Schools usually either do a ranked waitlist, or an unranked alternate pool. For the latter, every time people are needed to be pulled from the pool, the adcom reconvenes. I'm not sure which method VCOM uses, so I'd call Jasmine.

This is a question for Jasmine. Schools usually either do a ranked waitlist, or an unranked alternate pool. For the latter, every time people are needed to be pulled from the pool, the adcom reconvenes. I'm not sure which method VCOM uses, so I'd call Jasmine.
Thanks for all your guys' help. I really believe in this school and am blown away by how much everyone encourages each other and values on another. This is not the case for SOME other schools, unfortunately. Be excited guys (I know you are) you have such an awesome opportunity to make this school one of the best. I really believe that!

For the waitlisters, I believe they have a big meeting and rank the applicants--but it's very good that you are the start of the waitlist i'm assuming so that's a plus.

Not to sound too negative, but it may come down to a numbers game b/c VCOM might have to keep their "matriculating class averages" at a certain standard. I.e. if the class MCAT average is too low then they will accept waitlisters with higher MCAT's.

But, b/c it's still kind of early and you're basically the first waitlisters (I believe) you should be able to trickle in. These are just my best guesses

For the waitlisters, I believe they have a big meeting and rank the applicants--but it's very good that you are the start of the waitlist i'm assuming so that's a plus.

Not to sound too negative, but it may come down to a numbers game b/c VCOM might have to keep their "matriculating class averages" at a certain standard. I.e. if the class MCAT average is too low then they will accept waitlisters with higher MCAT's.

But, b/c it's still kind of early and you're basically the first waitlisters (I believe) you should be able to trickle in. These are just my best guesses
That is a really good point! We are the first waitlisters...so that must mean something right?? Well I will try and give Jasmine a call later and see if there is anything I can do to increase my chances and show my interest! Thanks!

Last edited:
Just now got email about WL from VCOM-Auburn.

For those on waitlist, we just got an email from Mrs. Oliver! Check it out for more info.

Hey guys. I interviewed back in oct but was contacted after saying they wanted to see my jan mcat score. I was added on to the committee meeting this week and also got the wait list email. I just emailed Mrs. Oliver asking if they pull as spots open and she said yes. I forgot however to ask if its ranked or not. But I wish you all luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
And emailed and Mrs. Oliver said it was ranked.

Reactions: 2 users
FYI, you all might want to call her "Mrs. Oliver" instead of "Jasmine." One of my interviewers gave me kuddos for referring to her as such; I got the impression that they don't like people addressing her so informally.

A little respect for the lady who has an enormous amount of decision-making power over your life's trajectory. :)

Reactions: 3 users
FYI, you all might want to call her "Mrs. Oliver" instead of "Jasmine." One of my interviewers gave me kuddos for referring to her as such; I got the impression that they don't like people addressing her so informally.

A little respect for the lady who has an enormous amount of decision-making power over your life's trajectory. :)
I definitely did during the interview day/all emails, but on here it just slipped out. Definitely have more respect for her and for all of them starting up a new school so efficiently. I have nothing but respect for the school and staff and as a whole loved the feel of the interview day etc. But thanks for the heads up.

I know this may be a dumb question, but as far as updates go, are we to send them to Mrs. Oliver or to the general vcom admissions email?