Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
With a new campus, I'd think that waitlist movement up to 100 wouldn't be impossible.

Members don't see this ad.

What was the decision date for this group? Any idea when they'll let you know?

They said that the Admitting Board will meet again on March 31st. Acceptance/Waitlist phone calls and Denial Emails will be sent on April 1st.

Does anyone know roughly how many people have been waitlisted thus far?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a secondary completion email a few days ago. Wonder if they're still sending out II's??

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word on whether they'll send out more II then, as well? I've been waiting and waiting and my application (as of the latest) is still under consideration by the committee. At this point, I just want a rejection or II so I can move on.

Anyone that interviewed at VCOM-Auburn what is the best piece of advice you can give someone that has an interview? Do they grill you on your faults? Where there any just really weird Qs? What was the Auburn campus like? Anything to add would be great.

Anyone that interviewed at VCOM-Auburn what is the best piece of advice you can give someone that has an interview? Do they grill you on your faults? Where there any just really weird Qs? What was the Auburn campus like? Anything to add would be great.
Hi, when is your interview btw? My biggest suggestion would be to go back to previous pages. People have wrote some really helpful things! However, to answer those questions, no they definitely do not "grill" you but they will make mention of them. There weren't any weird questions, they were all rather personalized to my application (so know your app well). Auburn's campus is GORGEOUS. You will love it... Be yourself, know your app, and enjoy the experience :)

Not sure if it's been stated already, but it's now waitlist only (besides a few seats the Dean reserves just in case).

Not sure if it's been stated already, but it's now waitlist only (besides a few seats the Dean reserves just in case).
Thanks for the info! I just found out I got accepted elsewhere so I'm happy :) Good luck to everyone applying this cycle, it's been quite competitive this year!

For everyone that has been accepted. We send our deposit, complete our immunization record, and physical before matriculation. Is there anything else we need to do? Also, do we need to complete a drug screening when we send in our deposit? Just wanting to make sure I have done everything.
Thanks!

For everyone that has been accepted. We send our deposit, complete our immunization record, and physical before matriculation. Is there anything else we need to do? Also, do we need to complete a drug screening when we send in our deposit? Just wanting to make sure I have done everything.
Thanks!
http://VCOM.edu/2019. :)

Acceptance/Waitlist phone calls and Denial Emails will be sent on April 1st??? That's not good either way on April Fools Day! Are they done with interviews?

I called in this morning and they said their last interview day, as of now is April 7th, but it is upto the dean to open up anymore interview dates. Do you guys know what the chances are of them opening up more interview days?

There's no way to know. I'm guessing that they are creating a waitlist sufficient to fill the class after all the acceptances are released and the fruit basket is turned over, so to speak.

In that case, you've little to lose by calling and asking for help. Express your interest. Maybe they'll invite you to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received noticed that I've been placed on the waitlist. Any ideas ideas to how large the waitlist is at this point?

Interviewed the March 18th. Mrs. Oliver did say we would receive a phone call and an e-mail if we were accepted for waitlist and just an e-mail if we were rejected. I have not received a phone call but I did get the acceptance for waitlist e-mail this morning. :D

Anyone else get a letter from AU saying that your personal info (SS #, academic info, etc) had been accessible via internet since SEPTEMBER??

That's exciting. No.

How was it accessible?

VCOM students do not give this information to Auburn University. So no.

But for AU--they've already secured it and no reports of data misuse

Reactions: 1 users
I've been admitted to Auburn's waitlist. Is there a way to find out your ranking?

Does anyone know when the checks are taken off your accounts? Just trying to gauge and see when to expect it.

Last edited:
Is it acceptable to fill out the FAFSA and send it in if you are on the waitlist? Also, if that is common how do we find out their school code?

Is it acceptable to fill out the FAFSA and send it in if you are on the waitlist? Also, if that is common how do we find out their school code?
I don't think it could hurt. VCOM’s school codes are G37093 for the Virginia Campus, E01970 for the Carolinas Campus and G37093 for the Auburn Campus. Students must enter this number in the section of the FAFSA that requests the school code in order for VCOM to receive a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education after the FAFSA is processed. The Student Aid Report is necessary for the Office of Financial Aid to be able to calculate financial aid eligibility.

Oh God! Typo. I meant cheques for deposit.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if VCOM provides anything to first year students when they start (ex. white coats, stethoscopes, computers, scrubs etc)?

Has anyone heard about movement on the waitlist or anything else on admissions from Mrs. Oliver?

From what has been said on the Facebook pages... MacBooks should work just fine. Not sure if there is a tech authority at VCOM that can attest to this fact.
I read that on the FB page too. However, they specifically said that they do not have the IT for Macs so if something happens during an exam, they will not have someone to help us. I was planning on getting a Mac and now am looking at my other options.

After a long time of silence, Mrs. Oliver showed me a little love from the waitlist today! Hopefully there's more movement to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Do you mind sharing your stats? I am currently wait listed.

Congrats!!!!

3.94cGPA 3.89sGPA
21 and 24MCAT (8-10-6)

Hopefully my MCAT gives a few of y'all hope on what they're looking for off the WL. There's so much more to your application than that score....

Nothing to disclose on my end. Just saw this pop up on YouTube regarding housing/apartments in Auburn:

No experience with this, just sharing a link.

Anyone know if they are officially done doing interviews? I know they were debating doing one more. What the final count is on alternate list is? If there has been any movement on it yet?

snoopy.jpg

Congrats canvasback!! I'm so happy for you!