Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone getting freaked out that we're supposed to hear back tomorrow? I'm at work right now, and I can't even concentrate. I basically work on a PRN, as-needed basis, and I told them I would be unavailable tomorrow. I figure that whether in joy or sorrow, I'm going to be drinking a few tomorrow night. :p
Right there with ya ! Freaking out a bit, really wanna get in here.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys, my LOR writer is sending my letter directly to the vcom admissions for all three campuses. May I know what's the address?

UGGGGHHHHH :boom::bang::boom::bang::boom::bang:

just spent over an hour on the phone with expedia and got hung up on 3 different times just to get them to send me my damn itinerary because it wasn't showing up on my online account... turns out they put my hotel under the correct email but my flight and rental car were incorrect????? tell me how that happens!

they are lucky I can't wait to interview at VCOM-Auburn or I just would have said *bleep* it all and cancelled.

UGGGGHHHHH :boom::bang::boom::bang::boom::bang:

just spent over an hour on the phone with expedia and got hung up on 3 different times just to get them to send me my damn itinerary because it wasn't showing up on my online account... turns out they put my hotel under the correct email but my flight and rental car were incorrect????? tell me how that happens!

they are lucky I can't wait to interview at VCOM-Auburn or I just would have said *bleep* it all and cancelled.
Don't stress about that, be grateful you got an interview (as I'm sure you are) :)

Don't stress about that, be grateful you got an interview (as I'm sure you are) :)

i am haha just so annoying when something so simple compounds into a much larger problem. i already have the MCAT in two days i don't need this on top of it!

:) i'm really doing fine though thanks hahah

i feel like i need a cigarette and i don't even smoke lol! :rofl:

Last edited:
Waiting on a call either today or tomorrow...sure hope I see that Alabama area code! Let us know when you get your calls/email!

Waiting on a call either today or tomorrow...sure hope I see that Alabama area code! Let us know when you get your calls/email!

i have all of my school's primary admissions numbers saved just to get a small heads up if the call comes from that direct number.. if not, at least i'll know the state lol

Did your II come from the 334 area code? I was in class earlier today and let an "unknown" number go to voicemail .. and almost had anxiety over it LOL.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of my calls from VCOM came from Jasmine's number, I have it saved in my phone. :)

Did your II come from the 334 area code? I was in class earlier today and let an "unknown" number go to voicemail .. and almost had anxiety over it LOL.

My ii for VCOM - Auburn came from an 864 area code (South Carolina). I got a call from 334 area code from Dothan, AL.

Got the call!!! Accepted!!! Funny story, the call dropped mid conversation with Jasmine! Tried calling back but had to leave a message.

Reactions: 4 users
Got the call!!! Accepted!!! Funny story, the call dropped mid conversation with Jasmine! Tried calling back but had to leave a message.
Omg yes!!! Congrats!!! Just now?

she already called me and offered me your spot since obviously you don't care and hung up on her lol jk

happy for you!!!

No doubt. I still haven't heard back from her.

haha don't worry about it. that's awesome that you got accepted. are you sitting on acceptances or waiting to hear back from anywhere else?

Accepted!!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Do they still call for wait list, hold, rejection, etc.?

I'm pretty sure they only call for acceptance
Damn, that makes me even more nervous since I haven't gotten a call yet. I really shouldn't be this nervous I already have 1 acceptance!

Damn, that makes me even more nervous since I haven't gotten a call yet. I really shouldn't be this nervous I already have 1 acceptance!
Don't

Don't worry, someone in this forum didn't get a call until the following day last time

Yeah they divided the calls over two days on 10/16. I was a mess.

Just got the call! Turn uppp!

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED !!!!!!! Ughhhh sighhhh of relief

I got a call, but I was on my plane back home and unable to answer. Ms. Jasmine left me a voicemail to call her back but no answer thus far! Hope its good news... this California guy is pretty stoked.

Congrats to all those accepted!

I got a call, but I was on my plane back home and unable to answer. Ms. Jasmine left me a voicemail to call her back but no answer thus far! Hope its good news... this California guy is pretty stoked.

Congrats to all those accepted!
I was at a funeral when I got the call, I still haven't deleted the voice mail. :)

Congrats everyone! I haven't gotten a call yet, so I'm getting REALLY worried...

I was at a funeral when I got the call, I still haven't deleted the voice mail. :)

I had the same as both if you haha. I was in the gym for an hour and that is when I missed the call. I'm betting she's out of office till tomorrow as it is almost 6 in Auburn. Call came from a 334 number and she left the voicemail...I'm not going to believe it till I hear it live though haha.

Congrats, all. Hoping for an II. I just realized I never posted my bio/stats:

In state applicant, pursuing primary care medicine in an underserved community.
29 MCAT
3.38 combined postbacc GPA from University of Southern California and Auburn
3.73 Auburn GPA, 3.6sGPA last 2 years, 3.2ish cGPA and sGPA suppressed by prior undergrad
1000+ hours of clinical volunteer experience; 3 hospital distinguished service awards
500 hours leading my hospital's 400-member clinical volunteer force
Year-long Auburn University paid research fellowship; presenting two posters at January SICB national conference
220 hours physician shadowing, 110 with a DO
4-week medical mission to Haiti
Anatomy & Physiology undergraduate Teaching Assistant at Auburn
Head Chemistry tutor in Auburn's Athletic Department
Various ECs at church & in my community
15 years of upper-level IT management in the Fortune 200 space.

My GPA is low, but I hope they give me a holistic review and some in-state love LOL. Either way, trusting in God's plan for my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

29 MCAT
3.73 Auburn GPA, 3.6sGPA last 2 years, 3.2ish cGPA and sGPA suppressed by prior undergrad
1000+ hours of clinical volunteer experience; 3 hospital distinguished service awards
Year-long Auburn University paid research fellowship; presenting two posters at January SICB national conference

My GPA is low, but I hope they give me a holistic review and some in-state love LOL. Either way, trusting in God's plan for my life.

Well looks like your application is absolutely stacked. As long as you show good social skills in the interview, I'd say you are exactly what they are looking for.

Primary released here on 9/18. Still have not received a secondary... kinda frustrating, in state applicant

29 MCAT

Would love to have you as classmate! Sounds like you are a very well rounded applicant. Good luck!! No interview yet? It's still relatively early. And you're right, Gods got it all worked out for you.

Last edited:

29 MCAT

You're gonna get that II and have your pick. I'm gonna start plaguing Jasmine's email otherwise. I know where she works. LOL!

29 MCAT
/QUOTE]

So what is your cGPA and sGPA? Just wondering because I am confused with all of your different GPAs lol

I was able to answer the phone call this morning from Jasmine and I have been accepted. Congrats to all the others with the same news!

Reactions: 3 users
I was able to answer the phone call this morning from Jasmine and I have been accepted. Congrats to all the others with the same news!

We played phone tag this again morning due to time zone differences, but eventually were able to talk. ACCEPTED as well!!

Reactions: 3 users
We played phone tag this again morning due to time zone differences, but eventually were able to talk. ACCEPTED as well!!

Congrats! Now we just have to hop onto the Facebook page and see who else is in so far!

nice work guys. i'm getting so anxious for my interview on tuesday agggggghhhh

nice work guys. i'm getting so anxious for my interview on tuesday agggggghhhh

I wouldn't be too nervous, the interview is extremely comfortable and laid back. It is not like some other schools were they want to see how you handle stress, they really just want to get to know you and chat. In my interview the interviewers were laughing and telling stories. No stress!