Edward Via - Auburn (VCOM-Auburn) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 01/07/2016. Missed the call today at 3.30 p.m and called back. Accepted. My first choice. I am beyond happy. Finally!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 01/07/2016. Missed the call today at 3.30 p.m and called back. Accepted. My first choice. I am beyond happy. Finally!
which person were you? PM ME!

I just received the acceptance call at 5pm this evening! I am beyond excited, but so torn...someone please help me choose between BCOM and Auburn. Gosh, this is the best worst problem in the world.
Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the acceptance call at 5pm this evening! I am beyond excited, but so torn...someone please help me choose between BCOM and Auburn. Gosh, this is the best worst problem in the world.
Congrats on the acceptance! When I got my acceptance, I withdrew my interview from BCOM. I think VCOM-Auburn is just far more established as a part of the VCOM family. There is a class ahead of you to work out curriculum kinks. Many of the clinical sites have already been rotated through by other VCOM students from different campuses. And most would agree Auburn U is more appealing than NMSU as an environment. Not sure if you're into big cities but ATL isn't too far whereas El Paso is the closest big city to BCOM. There's gotta be some ripe research opportunities at Auburn U as well. Anyway, best of luck...it was really tough for me to withdraw my acceptance here, it's a good school.

Interview 1/7 got the call yesterday that I was accepted! Woo Hoo!

Accepted also! Got the call on Wednesday afternoon. Interviewed 1/7 too. Super grateful for this opportunity!

I also interviewed on 1/7 and got the acceptance call last Wednesday! Super excited!

Interviewing 1/26! Really excited! Any help with some interview questions that you guys faced? Was the interview fairly laid back? What are yalls thoughts? I was complete 11/10/15. Thank you again

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing 1/26! Really excited! Any help with some interview questions that you guys faced? Was the interview fairly laid back? What are yalls thoughts? I was complete 11/10/15. Thank you again
congratulations! when you said complete, did they email you complete or did you see everything checked off on the portal? i did not get an email for complete

Thanks man! I got a email and my portal showed everything checked off.

They were pretty laid back. I would just know your application and research the school a bit. Make sure you know the schools mission and incorporate that into some of your answers. Other than that be yourself! They gave you an interview because they like you. Don't be nervous (I know that is hard)

Sooo any accepted student here looking for a roommate?

Interviewed 1/12, accepted 1/13! Can't wait to get started. Truly seems like a special place!

Gave up my acceptance here. Hope it goes to someone great!

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how long it takes to have your file reviewed once it has officially been marked complete? I know that it is different for everyone but I would just like to hear an average just so that I can get an idea..
Thanks!

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering how long it takes to have your file reviewed once it has officially been marked complete? I know that it is different for everyone but I would just like to hear an average just so that I can get an idea..
Thanks!
+1

Complete email today. Does that mean I'm complete for all 3 schools?

I have what you are looking for:
n=9 of people who have posted both their II and completion date. You'll also be interested to know that people are hearing back about acceptance about 7.8 days after their interview (n=13).
upload_2016-1-20_20-51-55.png

Reactions: 5 users
Will be cancelling my interview here. Hopefully it will give someone else an opportunity at this great medical school!

Did anyone from January 19th interview got in yet?

Withdrawing my acceptance here. This school is absolutely amazing and I have nothing but love for it, but due to some extrinsic circumstances I will not be attending here this fall. I hope one of you deserving ladies and gentlemen get the call!

And for those of you invited for an interview/accepted do you mind sharing your MCAT scores/GPAs?

Ok great thank you I just read the forum and found out my question to MCAT/GPA scores. I couldn't find anything on if they contact you via phone or email to offer you an interview. Do you know the answer to that?

Ok great thank you I just read the forum and found out my question to MCAT/GPA scores. I couldn't find anything on if they contact you via phone or email to offer you an interview. Do you know the answer to that?
Email for interview (check your spam folder) and called for acceptance.

I haven't received an II yet and I was complete on 1/6 or so. Is this abnormal?

Nothing in my spam folder, either.

I haven't received an II yet and I was complete on 1/6 or so. Is this abnormal?

Nothing in my spam folder, either.

you're not gauranteed an II just because you applied...

you're not gauranteed an II just because you applied...
I know. I was wondering whether or not people who do recieve interviews are usually offered them within a time frame that someone might be able to share with me.

I know. I was wondering whether or not people who do recieve interviews are usually offered them within a time frame that someone might be able to share with me.

I was complete one day before you and also haven't heard anything back. If there is a discernible trend (which it seems there rarely is for these things), it appears that they tend to take around a month to send out an II and the interview dates are usually within 2-4 weeks from the II. So hopefully there is still hope for the both of us!

Can anyone provide me with clinical rotation sites for Auburn?

At the interview they showed us a map with sites that were also shared with the other two campuses. They were also working on more Alabama sites. Maybe you can find that map?

I received a II from here this morning but I won't be attending - hopefully it goes to one of you!

does anyone know how late they send interview invites? is there a silent rejection or is it stated if you are no longer able to be considered? still waiting for ii complete 1/8

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone received any questions on healthcare during their interviews here? Or has it strictly been questions about the applicant?

Giving up my acceptance here. Was very difficult considering the family atmosphere, super caring faculty and great opportunities on a new campus. One of you will get it!

I got a complete email here! IDK what it means but I kinda gave up hope on this cycle so it was a little refreshing seeing something new in my email.

Does it imply an incoming II? Or am i being too hopeful

they tend to send their complete emails about a month or so after actually being complete. hoping it means an incoming ii, but i'm in the same boat. i got the complete last month but still nothing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted today!! Would love to get involved on the Facebook page if anyone knows the info on that. Also, how long after the acceptance call did you guys receive any communication through email or mail?

Reactions: 2 users